Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Don't fancy that too much haha, I'll more than likely have a few more goalscorer/tournament winners bets in the next few days.

Potentially not a bad bet though I have to say.

Yeah i'm not suggesting you put your life savings on it :P

But i've seen longshots a lot worse.

Had Gatewood and The Fugue in a double, quite a few tipped them both, so used my £20 free bet. Would've got 280 quid as well! Gutted!

Gatewood had a great run from what seemed 10-15l behind.

The Fugue was desperately unlucky. We don't know how much the major interference had on her but her connections were not at all impressed. I thought she got a bit more in the straight as well. She isn't a quitter though as demonstrated in the 1000 Guineas and she rallied on well late but oh so close....

What do people fancy for the Derby? I'm currently going through the race and will post my fancy (likely to be Thought Worthy ew) later on.

Edit:

Thought Worthy 16/1 ew and Astrology 8/1 ew.

Edited by adam1

I'm going for Camelot in a Lucky 15 - I want a bet on the Derby and I cannot back Camelot in a single so put it in a Lucky 15 to make it bettable.

I've also bet on the Derby without Camelot - I've gone for Bonfire, Could have got 2/1 on Will Hill but you couldn't bet E/W so went with slightly worse odds of 6/4 with Sky Bet where you could bet E/W - Hardly worth it as I won't even win my stake back if I came E/W but always like that bit of damage limitation and insurance but it does mean Bonfire can finish 4th and i'll still get something back, hopefully though Bonfire finishes 2nd.

For the Euros I've gone:

£5 on Germany to win it at 3/1

£5 Holland to reach the semis at Evens

£5 a hat trick to be scored at 11/10

£4 on Mesut Ozil player of the tournament at 14/1

£1 on Mario Gotze player of the tournament at 50/1

To be honest I didn't find much value in the Euro 2012 markets - a bit disappointing.

Won £190 on a double just then. Betting is fantastic. If you don't follow @getyourtipsout on Twitter, you really should. I've followed some of his tips this week and I'm about 400 quid up. I haven't got a clue about horses really but he bloody well does.

Won £190 on a double just then. Betting is fantastic. If you don't follow @getyourtipsout on Twitter, you really should. I've followed some of his tips this week and I'm about 400 quid up. I haven't got a clue about horses really but he bloody well does.

I'm following, however I don't bet on all the tips as I can't afford that risk - The tips I do follow don't win, yet I see everyone raving about this tipster! lol

I'm following, however I don't bet on all the tips as I can't afford that risk - The tips I do follow don't win, yet I see everyone raving about this tipster! lol

Haha yeah I don't bet on them all, he puts up like 100s of bets a day! I just choose a few that seem pretty realistic and decent enough odds. Sometimes get lucky, sometimes don't, but I've been ridiculously lucky with a few over the past few evenings so I'm quite a bit up. Might quit whilst I'm ahead to be honest lol.

you should definitely quit whilst ahead. i only started online betting towards the end of the footy season and found myself £60 up after two weekends, a few accas came in. then i cashed £50 of it to keep my profit and with the last £10 i wasted it on accas and scorecasts which never cAME OFF. during the euros i'll put £20 in but stick to doubles and maybe a cheeky treble. if i come out in profit after the euros i'll be happy

however just had a quick browse on bet365 at some of the group casts and tasty odds on offer on a few accas, picking the favourites for progression offers 52/1 on a four leg acca. tempting. although group A could go any way as could B i'd say C and D its fairly sure Spain Italy France and England will progress

Betfred running enhanced goals galore for group stages. Odds are way better than usual. 5/1 for 3 correct, pretty decent. Might have a couple of quid on but it might be more difficult predicting who will score against each other.

I don't know about this Get Your Tips Out tipster, obviously he does well (The stats show that) and it seems other people are doing well of his tips but it's not working for me! lol

I'm betting on his nap tips - The ones that he advises 3, 4 or 5 points on which are almost odds on shots and the don't seem to be coming in lol

I'll keep watching his tips and make a decision on if I carry on following him, Good Luck and Well Done to anyone following him and doing well off it though.

Edited by Matt

Me too. I've picked out several of his tips and backed them, and lost on every single one.

I think I'm just unlucky, there are lots of people in love with him on twitter because of his tips, so I don't know.

Yeah you can't argue as the stats (Providing they are right - I'll take his word for it though as i'm not backtracking all the bets the check lol) show if you followed all his tips you'd be up 593.99 points this year.

He'll tip you em' and we choose them, we obviously are just picking the wrong ones.

Like I always say when betting on tips, I choose to take the tip and bet on it so I can't blame anyone, a tips a tip and doesn't mean it'll definetly win but might have to call it a day with him soon if I continue winning nothing! lol

A couple of tips for the Euros:

Back Poland to draw on Friday.

Sweden to beat Ukraine.

Ireland - Croatia draw.

I fancy a few draws early doors but the two above stand out.

i fancy poland to win... at home.. got few decent players.. 30 goals there striker got season just gone apparently

i fancy poland to win... at home.. got few decent players.. 30 goals there striker got season just gone apparently

It's tight because it can go either way but a lot is pointing towards a draw...

Poland are obviously the home nation but in that group you could say any of the 4 could advance... so I can see the first round of games being very tight.

In their last 19 games, Greece have only lost once, in qualifying only 3 games have involved 3 or more goals and they only conceded 5 goals in total. Poland have also had some decent friendly results. Greece are hard to beat. I reckon a boring 0-0 is on the cards.