Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I think Poland will challenge.

Home advantage is big, there really isn't a lot of expectation and that could be beneficial. Lewandowski will obviously be key to any success they have, but the likes of Kuba, Mierzejewski and Obraniak are all fairly decent creative players. Their group is shit as well, so I expect Poland to go through.

EDIT: Wrote Kuba twice xD

Edited by Asha

I think Poland will challenge.

Home advantage is big, there really isn't a lot of expectation and that could be beneficial. Lewandowski will obviously be key to any success they have, but the likes of Kuba, Mierzejewski, Błaszczykowski,and Obraniak are all fairly decent creative players. Their group is shit as well, so I expect Poland to go through.

I think they certainly have the potential to get past the group stages but that is a tougher group than people think, all 4 teams are hard to beat and so it will be very tight. Russia, Greece and Czech Republic have all been promising through qualification.

I think they certainly have the potential to get past the group stages but that is a tougher group than people think, all 4 teams are hard to beat and so it will be very tight. Russia, Greece and Czech Republic have all been promising through qualification.

Russia are probably the favourites in the group, but I believe Greece and the Czechs have been on the decline for years now.

I'd probably bet that Poland will win comfortably on Friday.

And with me saying that, we'll see Greece and Czechs through, and Russia last. :P

Russia are probably the favourites in the group, but I believe Greece and the Czechs have been on the decline for years now.

I'd probably bet that Poland will win comfortably on Friday.

And with me saying that, we'll see Greece and Czechs through, and Russia last. :P

Haha, have a read of what I wrote about the Greece-Poland match on the last page. I wouldn't like to call anything in that group tbh!

My Euro 2012 bets...

£10 on France to win

£5 on Benzema top goal scorer.

£5 on Huntelaar top goal scorer.

£5 on a Germany v Holland final, my France bet is a bit of a long shot really, I think this is actually the most likely final, 10/1 looked good.

£5 on Poland, Russia, England, France, Holland, Germany, Spain and Italy to qualify.

Had a few quid on Germany/Ribery for Winner/Top Scorer.

239/1 on Betfair was hard to turn down.

A load of other obvious group winners, obvious qualifiers and I had Ireland and Denmark to finish bottom of their respective groups too, combine them in all sorts of ways and there's actually a bit of value in there. Just hoping for no major shocks now! (Unless it's England, of course, in which case I'll forgive them).

Really? Mad odds.

Exactly! I was going to put Ribery e/w (or "top 4" on Betfair) but that was only about 16s. Combined it with the Germans, 2 quid on that is nearly 500 back so fingers crossed. It is quite unlikely but Ribery'll play every game, they'll probably finish top of our group, beat Italy in the quarters, so that's 5 games and he scores quite frequently for France. Worth a shot.

I think my "to qualify" bets are all the exact same as yours haha. Seems pretty obvious bar Poland, but home turf and all.

That GYTO has ****ed me over.

They keep re-tweeting success stories and I seem to consistently pick the wrong ones.

I've been setting myself a £10 a day limit and what I make goes through to the next day and i'm about £40 down lol

Jelavic to be top Croatia scorer is 5/1 or 4/1 depending on where you look. With Olic out injured that's a decent bet.

Where's that at?

Don't forget they still have Mandzukic and Eduardo who I think were both ahead of Olic anyway... :/

Where's that at?

Don't forget they still have Mandzukic and Eduardo who I think were both ahead of Olic anyway... :/

Yeah true. Dunno, I saw a few Everton fan mates talking about it, obviously bigging him up as everything he's done for them has been superb. If he can translate his last 2 years of club football into these Euros he's surely gonna bag a couple, and that'll be all you'll need to finish top goalscorer for Croatia as I can't see them scoring many vs Spain or Italy.

Holland to reach the semis is 11/10 at most places which is surely just doubling your money, as group B winner/runner up plays winner/runner up in group A, and I can't see any of Poland, Greece, Czech or Russia stopping Holland in the quarters.

Taking a risk on the top scorer going for Torres at 14/1 if anyone wants to read a good blog and get ome tips follow @footipster on twitter he knows his stuff!

Could be a good shout that. He should be their main striker with Villa out, and with the likes of Iniesta and Xavi behind him, I can see him finding a bit of form.

The Spanish correspondent guy on SSN earlier said "don't be surprised" to see Negrado start ahead of Torres in their opening game. I'd start Torres, as you say they'll be the team creating the most chances (along with Holland) and if he scores in their opener I reckon he'll bag quite a few.

Good bet if he starts.

Last Euro Championships I had a £5 double every day (nothing elaborate, just predict the winner, or draw in each tie) and did pretty well, made over £100 profit by the end.

Soooo, predictions for the opening two games would be appreciated. ;)

Poland - Greece is tricky, I would normally think a draw but Poland's home advantage is edging me towards going for them. The other match (Russia - Czech) i'm unsure about too. :/

Tempted to go with a draw in both, better odds. :D

The Spanish correspondent guy on SSN earlier said "don't be surprised" to see Negrado start ahead of Torres in their opening game. I'd start Torres, as you say they'll be the team creating the most chances (along with Holland) and if he scores in their opener I reckon he'll bag quite a few.

Good bet if he starts.

I think Torres has been starting the warm-up games as well, and I'm pretty sure he scored the other day.

Just been looking at some of the doubles as well, Iniesta TG and Holland to win is 500/1, some mental odds being thrown around.

I think Torres has been starting the warm-up games as well, and I'm pretty sure he scored the other day.

Just been looking at some of the doubles as well, Iniesta TG and Holland to win is 500/1, some mental odds being thrown around.

Yeah he scored against Japan. Or it might have been South Korea, can't remember.

I know, winner/TGS is where there's some huge odds. Probably quite rightly as they're pretty unlikely but still. Any sort of attacking midfielder (think Ribery, Robben, Iniesta, Fabregas, Sneijder etc) and then a favourite for the tournament are all like 250/1 up. I've had a few because i couldn't decide. Iniesta/Holland at 500 is crazy!

Last Euro Championships I had a £5 double every day (nothing elaborate, just predict the winner, or draw in each tie) and did pretty well, made over £100 profit by the end.

Soooo, predictions for the opening two games would be appreciated. ;)

Poland - Greece is tricky, I would normally think a draw but Poland's home advantage is edging me towards going for them. The other match (Russia - Czech) i'm unsure about too. :/

Tempted to go with a draw in both, better odds. :D

I'm going for Russia...

Gone for Poland vs Greece draw and Russia win. Also went for Russia, Holland, Spain and France to win their groups. With Paddy power, if one of those teams lets me down, the bet is refunded. May well go for Iniesta/Holland at 500/1. Also got France/Balotelli at the same odds. You never know lol.