Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Welcome to foxestalk!

I like the look of that, so lets hope your first tip is lucky

Here's hoping! Not one to go mad on for sure, but will genuinely be interested in how it goes - not just thinking 'from my pocket'.

There are one or two potential dangers in there but I don't have time for a full write up so let's just see and take it from there.

Good luck.

Hi Everybody,

I used to lurk a bit, but always tuned in to this thread and have picked up some great tips from a few of you. I don't always follow, but do keep a keen eye on the selections in here.

I very much like the look of Henry the Aviator today (3.10 Wolverhampton). Not a race to look at with your 'form' eye slotted in, but one to look at lineage etc. You'll find this horse is from Henry the Navigator and is currently trading at 5/2, possibly more on betfair.

My advice, for what its worth, is that 5/2 win bet represents value and that with the right schooling etc, with the noises coming from the yard, this could be a horse to keep an eye on it if it does travel well.

Could be a schooling exercise, so I'm not going too big, but this looks too big to me and I'm having a go.

Good luck all.

Sticking it in an e/w double with July Days in the 3.40 at Wolv. 14/1 & 11/4.

C&D winner coming off a decent break. Think this is probably overpriced but you never know, there is always the possibility it needs to blow off some cobwebs. The word is its been impressive on the gallops though.

That's my two for the day and I'm sticking there. An e/w bet on July Days, win bet on the other - and an e/w double.

Sticking it in an e/w double with July Days in the 3.40 at Wolv. 14/1 & 11/4.

C&D winner coming off a decent break. Think this is probably overpriced but you never know, there is always the possibility it needs to blow off some cobwebs. The word is its been impressive on the gallops though.

That's my two for the day and I'm sticking there. An e/w bet on July Days, win bet on the other - and an e/w double.

Great first tip, winner!

Hi Everybody,

I used to lurk a bit, but always tuned in to this thread and have picked up some great tips from a few of you. I don't always follow, but do keep a keen eye on the selections in here.

I very much like the look of Henry the Aviator today (3.10 Wolverhampton). Not a race to look at with your 'form' eye slotted in, but one to look at lineage etc. You'll find this horse is from Henry the Navigator and is currently trading at 5/2, possibly more on betfair.

My advice, for what its worth, is that 5/2 win bet represents value and that with the right schooling etc, with the noises coming from the yard, this could be a horse to keep an eye on it if it does travel well.

Could be a schooling exercise, so I'm not going too big, but this looks too big to me and I'm having a go.

Good luck all.

Had a few bob on that, cheers :thumbup:

Just transferred the winnings out (missus is after a few bits so I've given her the green light now), but with a few bits left over in there, I'm going for Lucky Mountain e/w in the 4.40.

12/1.

I wouldn't normally play without a bit more research, but its just sitting there and I'm in the mood!

Backed down into 4/1 2nd fav now :blink:

Backed down into 4/1 2nd fav now :blink:

Haha, was as high as 20/1 at times.

Still, it didn't run well but was obviously fancied. I had been told to keep an eye out for any market support this morning.

Anyway, it didn't run in to a place.

The confidence must have come from somewhere though - perhaps one to watch next out.

Anyway, over and out from me - see you another time maybe.

Gonna try some horse tipping, will actually see if these actually win without me putting any money on them (odds from Ladbrokes)

14:00 @ Wolverhampton....Stormy Morning @ 2/1

14:30 @ Wolverhampton...Zing Wing @ 10/3

14:50 @ Lingfield...Sun Quest @ SP

17:30 @ Wolverhampton...Maggie Pink @ 5/2

Bets locked and loaded for the next couple of nights with me off to France tomorrow morning.

Oxford v Burton (Home win)

Bristol vs Watford (Away win)

3.4/1

Wednesday Draw double 11/1

Huddersfield v Palace

Fulham v West Ham