Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I`m not a big money gambler I only bet small amounts 10p/20p/50p/£1, or up to £10 on a cert :D, I do it for a bit of fun because I know in the long run I`ll lose (saying that, I haven`t put any money into my account since early December and I`v taken out about £40). I usually go for 5 or 6 draws if there`s a lot of decent games on - e.g Saturdays and go for doubles and trebles mainly on Prem and Championship games although i`v had quite a good time with the ACN the last week or so. I go for games with odds of around 12/5 in which I cant pick any one team winning lol

The double I had in tonight was about 10/1, I also had Ivory Coast v Nigeria(ended up 1-2 :dry: ) in with it - x3 doubles and x1 treble, the one double nearly doubled my stake for all 4 bets.

Its worth doing in my opinion but with small money ;)

Its all about luck.

Edit: Had 6 draws yesterday and none came up lol

I regular do yankee's and look for draws or decent aways (usually 9/5 or more).. I always seem to get 2/4! lol Starting to annoy me, going into the bookies and collecting my £6 from my £5.50 bet lol One will drop one day though I'm hoping and I'll be collecting £300+ :D

Me and 3 mates at the start of the season were sat in the pub talking about bets and we decided we would do a bet between the four of us every week, £5 each £20 stake. We decided to each pick a team from a League, we got Spurs, Birmingham (my choice), Coventry and Southend. One of the smarter lads worked out we would only have to win twice with returns of over £300 both times to be in profit for the season, thats came in.

I HOPE EVERYONE TOOK NOTE OF THIS!!

OUR THIRD WIN OF THE SEASON RETURNING £780!!

• Like 1

So what's your total winnings from the season and how much have you put in total and per person if you don't mind me asking. I wanna see a proper balance sheet and a profit/loss dossier ;)

That would be telling, but I do actually know the answers.

Since around Feb/March of last year I've had fairly regular bets and never been down over a week period.

Over the year or so, I'm substantially up but only play because I enjoy it. When you consider the time spent studying and the no guarantee of returns, some are better off taking a part time job instead.

I don't for a moment expect my approach to always yield profits and as soon as either a) the profits stop or b) I stop enjoying the process, I will stop gambling.

Whatever your stakes and whatever your chosen sport/event to bet on, remember to try to enjoy it, that is what its all about really.

Additionally - good luck. We all need it!

So what's your total winnings from the season and how much have you put in total and per person if you don't mind me asking. I wanna see a proper balance sheet and a profit/loss dossier ;)

Well this is our 3rd win, first winnings was £278 in a midweek bet and the 2nd win was £480 on Boxing Day.

We put £5 a week in and sometimes on the midweek if Spurs are playing Europa League or a Premier League game. We didn't do the bet if it was Capital One or FA Cup weekend.

If we do 46 games that works out at £230 each, and our winnings are £278, £480 and yesterdays £780 so a total of £1538, the total amount of betting for a 46 game season is £920 so we are £618 up, already for the season.

Not bad I don't think for saying we are still in February.

Edited by Uncle Albert

Well this is our 3rd win, first winnings was £278 in a midweek bet and the 2nd win was £480 on Boxing Day.

We put £5 a week in and sometimes on the midweek if Spurs are playing Europa League or a Premier League game. We didn't do the bet if it was Capital One or FA Cup weekend.

If we do 46 games that works out at £230 each, and our winnings are £278, £480 and yesterdays £780 so a total of £1538, the total amount of betting for a 46 game season is £920 so we are £618 up, already for the season.

Superb stuff mate. Bets like this are often the most enjoyable and advisable to do. Lets be honest, the average punter cannot expect to so much better than break even over the course of their betting life. Even that is being kind to them, but a bet where if you lose it doesn't matter to you financially but if it wins then you get great pleasure and an amount that makes a difference is what it's all about!

I hope it comes in again a few times this season and you have a sensational gig off it!

Superb stuff mate. Bets like this are often the most enjoyable and advisable to do. Lets be honest, the average punter cannot expect to so much better than break even over the course of their betting life. Even that is being kind to them, but a bet where if you lose it doesn't matter to you financially but if it wins then you get great pleasure and an amount that makes a difference is what it's all about!

I hope it comes in again a few times this season and you have a sensational gig off it!

Thanks mate, we done it because we all have a bet each weekend and are usually moaning on the Sunday so thought we may as well do a bet all together. We never did it to be serious and when Southend have cost us big money the Lad who picked them got some stick but nothing serious or nasty. We've been lucky that we have won and covered our costs, there's another group who have done it and they chose Newcastle, Watford, Swindon and Bristol Rovers, won absolutely nothing.

It's just pub laughter for us, the £5 we bet with is probably another beer we would have haha.

Thanks mate, we done it because we all have a bet each weekend and are usually moaning on the Sunday so thought we may as well do a bet all together. We never did it to be serious and when Southend have cost us big money the Lad who picked them got some stick but nothing serious or nasty. We've been lucky that we have won and covered our costs, there's another group who have done it and they chose Newcastle, Watford, Swindon and Bristol Rovers, won absolutely nothing.

It's just pub laughter for us, the £5 we bet with is probably another beer we would have haha.

It also adds a bit of interest (and enjoyment) of matches which otherwise would be quite meaningless to you.

Best of luck to you and well done so far.

Did a similar thing betting on Leicester, Newcastle and Notts County to win each week.

Did it for a few weeks and had no returns. The following week Newcastle were away at Arsenal and with odds of 12/1 on them to win alone I though the money was best kept in my pocket.

Surprise, surprise all 3 won. Fair to say I've never done this bet again lol

Had an e/w lucky 15 on the horses but my first hos at Donnie has not placed so won't bother posting the other 3.

Wolverhampton e/w patent. Top 3 place needed.

2.45 Perfect Shot 6/1

3.25 Methaaly 10/1

3.50 Azrael 7/2

THIS IS NOT A TIP! I'm an amateur so it's not advisable to copy.

Edit : Perfect Shot nowhere to be seen lol

Edited by El Empty

Azrael and Royal Deal my only 2 horses out of 7 to place today.

Also had 50p win on Giveitachance at 9/1 which came fost in the same race as Royal Deal. Virtually covered my earlier stakes but still a loss.

KEEP DREAMING FOR TOMORROW. I can sniff a big Lucky 15 win. It will be literally lucky aswell lol