Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Really think I should retire from betting! :banghead:

TBH think i'm actually getting a slight addiction, while i'm not betting huge stakes or in danger of getting into money trouble (I'm too tight to let that happen) I find myself needing to bet whenever I get bored and I get bored very easily, I have almost cleared out two online accounts of which I had a couple of hundred each in at one point (All but £10 in each were winnings though) aswell as going into shops and betting.

I havn't had a decent win in months either. (I know I sound like a broken record, I keep posting that)

That could change this afternoon but tbh i'd bet against those chances! lmao.

• Like 1

In the nicest possible way I think you (Matt), El Empty and Lamby are in the same boat. Bloody useless at gambling but can't stop.

I'm also useless so I made about £80 profit and withdrew. Gave up for a bit now as I don't want to end up loose

I was good or perhaps I was just lucky, I mean like I said I started 2 accounts with £10 each and at one point between them had atleast £350, my silly mistake is I didn't withdraw and it whittled away without me noticing as such.

I believe I am/was a fairly decent gambler however I have been going through a bad spell for a long time now, perhaps I should stop, have a break and re-start but with Cheltenham round the corner, that won't be happening, i'll see how I go during Cheltenham after that depending on how I come out of it I may have a break (If I can :unsure:)

Most people make the common mistake of placing small bets over lots of teams. If you are serious about wanting to be a profitable football better you need to back doubles mostly and hope the favourites hold out.

Hoping Cardiff can hold on to their lead!

See that's what i've been doing recently and it's not been working.

Obviously if you are backing favourites, they are low odds so need to stake more, The favourites didn't win for me and because i've staked more I lose more.

Probably my last pick on here so I sincerely hope it's a good one. Emptied all my betting accounts apart from single figure balances, to pay off a few months worth of car payments, a nice bottle of gin and some bits for the boy as well as a lovely lump sum in to his premium bonds.

So looking for an ew value raider today and I've got a candidate. It's obviously a longshot but I firmly believe this is overpriced. Have no inside info though so not sure if this is primed to go, needs the run etc and I just don't know much about the jockey

Selection is sun quest in the 4.50. 25/1 / 33/1 available. Backed earlier on betfair to place at great odds too. It might drift so try for BOG and make sure you go e/w.

Course and distance winner that usually goes well here at Fontwell including a third place in December, gets into this race 2lb lower in the handicap and jockey takes off another 7lb, wasn’t suited by the all weather surface in a jumpers bumper at Lingfield last time, place claims at a big price and if all the pieces click into place he could just be in front when it matters.

Good luck with this or your own selections. Take care and keep bashing those bookies!

Sums my luck up.

Followed this tip.

Sun Quest was 2nd, great run, was a 2 horse race going into the last fence, it fell, looked a nasty fall too, hope it's ok.

But yeah, sums my betting up at the moment. Was due a return with an E/W bet but don't even get that. :banghead:

You don't need stake more, you just do it cos you're greedy and want more returns. I was the same.

0% of nothing is still nothing. Profit is profit no matter how big or small.

I only bet on football too, I'm not a horsey man

Agree - had Newcastle,Cardiff & Swansea in acca today - £3 won £21.25; It's enough

Edited by Fifties Blue

SystonFox, I saw what you wrote about me lol Lumping me in with Lamby is hard to take knowing his reputation for wild betting!

If I had bigger stakes to put on I'd do some of those sensible bets more often. I'm trying really hard not to reload, and am working with only a few quid so like to have a few small bets on. Yesterday I was close and this one was a good effort - Man Utd, Arsenal, Blackburn draw, Wigan and Everton. If Everton did the biz I was laughing.

Also did an 11 game over 1.5 acca yesterday and got 21 goals ticked off, missed out by one at Oldham. The stack was £1.44 yesterday evening but is now back up to £2.50. That's positive, and the sign of a potential pro!