Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Fabian Gomez has just cost me nearly a grand in the Puerto Rico Open. 1 shot clear with a par 5 to go and all he needed was a par, made bogey and lost. I feel sick. Just spent £600+ in Cornwall this weekend and that's done me in. Cheltenham is shit or bust.

Heard Ladbrokes have been very concerned about the chances of Dodging Bullets in the Supreme Novices, still only at 10/1. Drifted slightly as Ruby Walsh has chosen to ride Champagne Fever. I still rate D A Jacob (Nicholls' other jockey) and the horse has a great chance

getyourtipsout had an incredible run last year.

They have been absolute pony though all year since. If you really want to boost your knowledge and find some winners then look at gg.com forum and read some tips put up there by posters. There are several well respected tipsters on there and they've won me some good money over the years.

They have been absolute pony though all year since. If you really want to boost your knowledge and find some winners then look at gg.com forum and read some tips put up there by posters. There are several well respected tipsters on there and they've won me some good money over the years.

yeah i have to agree there, nice I will have a look at that website.

getyourtipsout had an incredible run last year.

This is who I was on about and was just on my way on here to mention it! Cheers.

Saying that Flair reckons Alberta Run is going to win and he wears glasses so I trust him.

Edited by General Smuts

Don't get me started on 'Get Your Tips Out' :angry::banghead:

Yes I followed, yes it was my choice but about cleared both of my reasonably heathly online accounts out due to them. Was a case of almost feeling addicted and after every loss I thought 'Ah so many people have raved about them they must come good sooner or later'...They never, not aslong as I followed anyway.

Edited by Matt

Don't get me started on 'Get Your Tips Out' :angry::banghead:

Yes I followed, yes it was my choice but about cleared both of my reasonably heathly online accounts out due to them. Was a case of almost feeling addicted and after every loss I thought 'Ah so many people have raved about them they must come good sooner or later'...They never, not aslong as I followed anyway.

Same story with @FootyAccums.

All my mates raved about them being £2,000 up over a season. I followed at the beginning of this season but didnt follow the tips to begin with to see if it was true. Unfortunately they hit a purple patch when I started following so I have never followed a tip of there's. I'm sure if I put £10 on every tip id be up over the long term BUT the thing that annoys me is the 7 fold goals galore week in week out is clutching at straws.only two won this season so far for them. Not enough for me.

They seem to be having a terrible time at the minute too, I just feel they pick at random and go for what they consider value rather than bankers. Doing it all wrong.

Getyourtips out are general enthusiasts who after some success got quite big. Generally they know what they're talking about but seems to me like their "tips" are just their fancies rather than tips as such.

Football accumulators are a joke mind. Anyone on here could create an account similar and probably have more success.

Not saying I'm the don or anything either, just my personal views on both accounts.

Part of the enjoyment of betting for me is making your own selections, much more of a buzz when you win. I'm not that big of a better stakes wise either.

Getyourtips out are general enthusiasts who after some success got quite big. Generally they know what they're talking about but seems to me like their "tips" are just their fancies rather than tips as such.

Football accumulators are a joke mind. Anyone on here could create an account similar and probably have more success.

Not saying I'm the don or anything either, just my personal views on both accounts.

Part of the enjoyment of betting for me is making your own selections, much more of a buzz when you win. I'm not that big of a better stakes wise either.

I don't follow any of them tipping accounts they only retweet when people win most of the time.

There's a fair few people on here who know their stuff about the horses. Yourself, Ric Flair, TPH/Leicester piggott, all seem to know your stuff.

Then there's people like Syston_Fox, Filbert_ross, Ashley who know their football who give good advise.

I'm like you don't bet big stakes but I find it more enjoyable, than placing a £100 bet then sitting there nervously.

I don't follow any of them tipping accounts they only retweet when people win most of the time.

There's a fair few people on here who know their stuff about the horses. Yourself, Ric Flair, TPH/Leicester piggott, all seem to know your stuff.

Then there's people like Syston_Fox Filbert_ross, Ashley who know their football who give good advise.

I'm like you don't bet big stakes but I find it more enjoyable, than placing a £100 bet then sitting there nervously.

Haha! Not sure i am very successful. Haven't had a decent win in a couple of weeks but am definitely way up over the season. I just try and select two or three (four at a push!) winners from a list of fixtures. Always gut feelings so I have complete faith in myself but I would never "tip" someone on football, its too random. I mainly follow footy accums for a laugh now. The ammount of morons looking up to him/them is unbelieveable Jeff!

I've had Hurricane Fly to win the Champions Hurdle, as well as having an e/w bet on Rock on Ruby as I'll get my money back if the fly wins.

I've also had an e/w double of Arabella Boy (4.00) and My Tent Or Yours (1.30)

Don't know if anyone knew that my season bet on Sunday was for £1397 and we needed Spurs to beat my team Liverpool to win, Birmingham beat Derby, Coventry beat whoever and Southend won away at Port Vale. I was in a right position in the pub on Sunday, I told the lads I wanted Liverpool to win over the bet so they weren't too happy.

My luck changed when someone offered me £100 for my stake of the bet in the pub, I accepted but then thought I can't take a £100 off a bloke in the pub, so I handed him the money back and said I couldn't accept the money, literally as soon as I handed it him back Suarez scored.. Every person in the pub was laughing! lol

Spurs equalised just before HT and at HT the same man offered me £80 for my stake in the bet, after thinking about it I accepted again and this time had no intention of offering him the money back, I thought I've got 2 results in my favour and I had faith in my own team. Again everyone was laughing when Spurs went 2-1 up, I was pooing myself.

So Liverpool winning was extra special for me after the final whistle, felt sorry for the other lads in the bet but I never wanted Spurs to beat Liverpool.

My round after the whistle was expensive though.

I've had Hurricane Fly 9/4 to win the Champions Hurdle, as well as having an e/w bet on Rock on Ruby 5/1 as I'll get my money back if the fly wins.

I've also had an e/w double of Arabella Boy 9/2 (4.00) and My Tent Or Yours 2/1 (1.30)

Just added another e/w double to my list Monkerty Tunkerty 16/1 (2.40) and Une Artiste 6/1 (4.40)

Edited by Simo86