Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I'm starting to realise (slowly) that in horse racing favourites (especially short priced favourites) very rarely win.

I've bet on horses for years, but recently I've noticed the value is getting worse and worse (well I've noticed the value decling over the years tbh) short priced favourites generally don't win, I'm sure it's not always been like this throughout the years I've bet on horses.

I'm starting to realise (slowly) that in horse racing favourites (especially short priced favourites) very rarely win.

I've bet on horses for years, but recently I've noticed the value is getting worse and worse (well I've noticed the value decling over the years tbh) short priced favourites generally don't win, I'm sure it's not always been like this throughout the years I've bet on horses.

Been quite a few turned over recently. Ryan Moore got done on a 1/9 (!!!!) A few days back. On the flip side it means if you are to oppose the fav and pick a winner (or even a place) you're bound to get a juicy looking price.

Been quite a few turned over recently. Ryan Moore got done on a 1/9 (!!!!) A few days back. On the flip side it means if you are to oppose the fav and pick a winner (or even a place) you're bound to get a juicy looking price.

Yeah, I mean it's great winning on an outsider but at the moment I feel you are better sticking a pin in the paper.

The form and odds don't seem to be reflecting anything at the moment!

I've gone from £160 in my account to £110 in about 2 weeks. Crazy! Doing my head in, however last time something similar to this happened it was due to following a tipster everyone raved on about (Let's no go there...I ranted on for ages about it! lol) but atleast this time I only have myself to blame, which in a strange way i'd rather.

I know with that tipster I had the choice to bet or not but with everyone raving on about it I though it had to change sooner or later it never did and before I knew it emptied my account out, this time I only have myself to blame and beat up lol

Yeah, I mean it's great winning on an outsider but at the moment I feel you are better sticking a pin in the paper.

I've gone from £160 in my account to £110 in about 2 weeks. Crazy! Doing my head in, however last time something similar to this happened it was due to following a tipster everyone raved on about (Let's no go there...I ranted on for ages about it! lol) but atleast this time I only have myself to blame, which in a strange way i'd rather.

I know with that tipster I had the choice to bet or not but with everyone raving on about it I though it had to change sooner or later it never did and before I knew it emptied my account out, this time I only have myself to blame and beat up lol

Crazy??? Try losing 8 grand in a few days.

Crazy??? Try losing 8 grand in a few days.

Ouch.

But for me, a regular but small time gambler it's rather annoying and a good amount bets without a win.

(Apart from festivals - Mainly Cheltenham and even then i'd still be classed as a small time gambler)

Edited by Matt

Ouch.

But for me, a regular but small time gambler it's rather annoying and a good amount bets without a win.

(Apart from festivals - Mainly Cheltenham and even then i'd still be classed as a small time gambler)

damn right ouch, it was last january but it still hurts.

lol

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a few bets today, magician in the Irish 2000 guineas (lovely drift to 10/3) got me back into a very small amount of profit. I'm like you (I assume) in that I'll probably have a bet most days if I get round to it but rarely more than a few quid. Maybe a fiver or tenner on a footy double/treble if i'm feeling brave lol. I like it better that way because if you go on a bad streak, like I did a few weeks back, you'll probably lose 60 or 70 quid in a fortnight whereas some people are lashing that on a race and losing 100 xs that in a few days (no offence purpleronnie :D).

In the first race at the Curragh today (didn't have a bet but watched) the O'briens had a 1/2 fav and it got collared by a 33/1 outsider, so I guess that backs up your theory! Have a feeling due to time of post you might've been on Sole Power haha? That Temple was a very tricky race to call and there was no way, in my eyes, that there was a clear 11,10 fav. It's all part of the fun though, I guess. One race back a 16/1 winner, next lose most that profit on an even money fav. Such is life, eh! 

Still debating tonight's CL bets. I've had a fiver, which was free, on Robben MOTM @ 7s. Love me some Arjen Robben. Reckon Bayern will win. Hope it's as exciting as all the punts in this thread think it will be though! 

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a few bets today, magician in the Irish 2000 guineas (lovely drift to 10/3) got me back into a very small amount of profit. I'm like you (I assume) in that I'll probably have a bet most days if I get round to it but rarely more than a few quid. Maybe a fiver or tenner on a footy double/treble if i'm feeling brave lol. I like it better that way because if you go on a bad streak, like I did a few weeks back, you'll probably lose 60 or 70 quid in a fortnight whereas some people are lashing that on a race and losing 100 xs that in a few days (no offence purpleronnie :D).

In the first race at the Curragh today (didn't have a bet but watched) the O'briens had a 1/2 fav and it got collared by a 33/1 outsider, so I guess that backs up your theory! Have a feeling due to time of post you might've been on Sole Power haha? That Temple was a very tricky race to call and there was no way, in my eyes, that there was a clear 11,10 fav. It's all part of the fun though, I guess. One race back a 16/1 winner, next lose most that profit on an even money fav. Such is life, eh! 

Still debating tonight's CL bets. I've had a fiver, which was free, on Robben MOTM @ 7s. Love me some Arjen Robben. Reckon Bayern will win. Hope it's as exciting as all the punts in this thread think it will be though! 

Yep you guessed it with Sole Power, I put it in a double with Magician, so was half way there and Sole Power fucked it for me!

I backed a horse yesterday took the odds at 5/1, it drifted out all the way to 33/1, It came 2nd, Betfred weren't offering best odds on the race either! :banghead: (It was in a lucky 15 so in reality it returned fuck all anyway lol)

I've gone for a Bayern/Crystal Palace double not sure if Palace will do it or not, I feel Watford are the favourites and everyone thinks they'll win, but I just fancy Palace to edge it, but first lets see if Bayern win tonight.

I am also tempted by a bet on Kessler tonight, I want Froch to do it, I think he will do it, but feel Kessler is massively overpriced and great value, but at the end of the day if I think Froch will do it, why bet on Kessler just because it's 'good odds' lol

Edited by Matt

Dortmund 2-1, £5 returns £75

Bet365 offering a free in-play bet if you stick one on before hand then an in-play bet later on. Think I'll whack one on Dortmund to win (7/2 currently) and Müller FGS (6/1). 

Right then, so far we have:

Schweinsteiger anytime assist @ 4/1

Ribery anytime booking @ 4/1

Robben MOTM @ 6/1

Bayern/Reus anytime @ 12/1

Robben to have the most shots @ 4/1

All pretty small stakes just for fun. And I've got one more bet left but i dunno what to go for. 

Right then, so far we have:

Schweinsteiger anytime assist @ 4/1

Ribery anytime booking @ 4/1

Robben MOTM @ 6/1

Bayern/Reus anytime @ 12/1

Robben to have the most shots @ 4/1

All pretty small stakes just for fun. And I've got one more bet left but i dunno what to go for.

To go to pens?