Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Yeah, well I had Dawn Approach in a Lucky 15, So it was just there to make up the numbers really, thinking it was a dead cert.

Not only that I did think it was by far the best horse in the race and would win, I wasn't just following the hype and big favouritism on it, I was wrong though.

Going for another Lucky 15 today, picking 3 favourites and 1 non-favourite (And I hadn't even looked at the odds before selecting so it is my fancies rather than picking favourites)

Fakenham - Lucky 15;

2.00 - Mawaakef - 10/3 (f)

3.30 - That's The Deal - 8/1

4.00 - Ifonlyalfie - 7/2 (f)

4.30 - Bach On Tow 7/4 (f)

Make that 2 favourites and 2 non-favourites.

Mawaakef has drifted out to about 4th favourite, personally I see that as a positive! lol

Mind you did I post about a horse I backed a couple of weeks ago? I backed it at 5/1 favourite about 3pm in the afternoon (It was a night meeting) and it drifted out to a massive 33/1, It came 2nd aswell, I didn't get best odds on it though :banghead:

Edited by Matt

Meh, I don't back favourites and bleeding favourites win! FFS!

Mawaakef was favourite, drifted out to 4th favourite - Never even looked like winning, The favourite won.

That's the deal, wasn't a favourite at all, ran a good race and won.

Ifonlyalfie, was a favourite never looked like winning, a 9/1 won.

Back On Tow, was a favourite again drifted and ended up 2nd favourite and just could kick on, finishing poorly, the favourite won the race.

If i'd backed the favourites i've have got 3 out of 4 on a Lucky 15 which would have return pretty handsomly, instead 1 winner out of 4 in a Lucky 15, whoopdefuckingdo!

Edited by Matt

David Nolan quite simply stopping with about half a furlong to go when he should've rode Petrol out to the line to be a comfortable winner cost me just short of 150 quid. Happens way too often. Massive drift from 2/1 clear, clear fav to 7/2 joint favourite just before the off, too. Hugely suspicious. Even more hugely fúcking disgustingly annoying. And a 10 day ban. 10 sodding days. 

David Nolan quite simply stopping with about half a furlong to go when he should've rode Petrol out to the line to be a comfortable winner cost me just short of 150 quid. Happens way too often. Massive drift from 2/1 clear, clear fav to 7/2 joint favourite just before the off, too. Hugely suspicious. Even more hugely fúcking disgustingly annoying. And a 10 day ban. 10 sodding days.

It does happen a lot which is quite bad. I'd ride out until I'm certain! They know the distances so unless they mistake the 1/2 furlong pole there's no excuse.

For me I think that was just a mistake on his behalf a very stupid one though to be fair.

I saw one the other day at Leicester by an apprentice Phillip Prince, he could have easily got 2nd if he had asked the horse to go, he got a 12 day ban for that. That was very suspicious.

Have a look if you've not saw it, it was the 2:45 on Monday.

For me I think that was just a mistake on his behalf a very stupid one though to be fair.

I saw one the other day at Leicester by an apprentice Phillip Prince, he could have easily got 2nd if he had asked the horse to go, he got a 12 day ban for that. That was very suspicious.

Yeah I was watching that one too. Tonight's struck me as just as bad (maybe I'm biased because he cost me a fair whack lol).

I think it's the way he goes past the furlong pole looking like an easy winner, and has a glance backwards and almost immediately eases off as if something wasn't right, like he didn't want to win...

The big drift before and it being his only ride of the night just add to the thoughts that something coulda been going on. Either way it's stupid to ease off unless the odd occasion where there is clearly something wrong with the horse. Just don't see why, as Bert says, you would even take a slight chance about not winning when you've got enough horse under you to win. Unless you don't want to win, of course...

Backed a couple of GetYourTipsOut nap and nb selections from todays races. Stepwise (Navan 1605, 11/10) & Professor (Haydock 1625, 11/8), £10 double to win. Both came in, returning almost £50 including a Hills best odds guaranteed bonus. Don't normally back the favourites and not had much luck with their selections in the past so quite surprised.

Edited by separator

That was Coastal Passage wasn't it? I had it on a bet w/o Above the Stars, I wasn't so bothered until I got to the end of the day and realised I would have had a winning bet on every race had it not been for Philip Prince.

Lucky 15;

Excel Beauty - 2.15 @ Nottingham.

Chloe's Dream - 3.15 @ Nottingham.

Sleep In First - 3.30 @ Perth.

Mulligan's Man - 4.00 @ Perth.

All favourites :unsure:

Just remember that you chose them! As well as there has to be one horse in the races tht is classed as a favourite.

Lucky 15;

Excel Beauty - 2.15 @ Nottingham.

Chloe's Dream - 3.15 @ Nottingham.

Sleep In First - 3.30 @ Perth.

Mulligan's Man - 4.00 @ Perth.

All favourites :unsure:

1 win, 1 place, 1 loss, 1 race left, which doesn't make a great deal what happens in it.

Lucky 15's are good, pretty much always get a return of something, albeit not quite your stake back, limits your losses, but unless you get 4 winners not really worth doing, need to change tactics and stop doing them, think I was more successful doing singles and doubles.

1 win, 1 place, 1 loss, 1 race left, which doesn't make a great deal what happens in it.

Lucky 15's are good, pretty much always get a return of something, albeit not quite your stake back, limits your losses, but unless you get 4 winners not really worth doing, need to change tactics and stop doing them, think I was more successful doing singles and doubles.

I prefer doing Patents, need Mulligans Man to win in the 1600 to win on a GYTO tipped patent. Already have Freedom Square & Trading Leather in the bag. All favourites so not a massive return.