Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I prefer doing Patents, need Mulligans Man to win in the 1600 to win on a GYTO tipped patent. Already have Freedom Square & Trading Leather in the bag. All favourites so not a massive return.

Obviously it depends on odds and if they win, place or lose but do Patents tend to pay better than Lucky 15's? :dunno:

Never really looked into them.

Couple of quid on Majenta (1620 Curragh 4/1) & Pigeon Island (1630 Perth 17/2) ew double.

About £45 up for the day after a couple of wins as well as the patent result earlier.

Edited by separator

Mulligans Man 2nd, stumbled at the last fence when in front. My patent returned £12.81 from a total stake of £7, 2 out of 3 won. 

Not bad that, i'd say better return than Lucky 15's, for a start you are up.

On my Lucky 15 I had 1 win and 2 places and i'm £4 down.

Not bad that, i'd say better return than Lucky 15's, for a start you are up.

On my Lucky 15 I had 1 win and 2 places and i'm £4 down.

The two winners were favourites in their race with odds of 9/4 and 5/4. The way I look at it is that a patent has one less selection but requires half the stake compared to a lucky 15. Obviously a lucky 15 will pay out more if you get a few results but a patent gives you more chance of getting your stake back, depending on the results and odds of course. The more selections you have in a bet, whether an accy, patent, lucky 15, etc,  the less chance you have of winning or breaking even. Singles or doubles are the way to go probably.

Edited by separator

Nice quickfire double on a sparse day of decent racing. Not much to brag about but Highlife Dancer (7/4f) and Green Earth (11/10f) paid around 9/2. Trust there to only be one flat meeting on my day off though! 

Nice quickfire double on a sparse day of decent racing. Not much to brag about but Highlife Dancer (7/4f) and Green Earth (11/10f) paid around 9/2. Trust there to only be one flat meeting on my day off though! 

I had Highlife Dancer (7/4), Party Palace (7/4) and Tinseltown (9/4) today in a patent and treble. Tinseltown let me down so the patent returned £17 ish from a £7 stake. I've had 9 winners in 4 days now by following the selections of Get Your Tips Out. Most were nap's or nb's so odds weren't that great. Small stakes on doubles, patents and the occassional treble.

A couple of Patents for today, all favourites, £1 per line

Ghanaian (1635 Salisbury, 6/4)

Billing (1720 Fontwell, 13/8)

Monumental Man (2000 Lingfield, 2/1)

Silver Steel (1515 Fontwell, 5/2)

Intomist (1735 Salisbury,11/4)

Papradon (1840 Worcester,  2/1)

A couple of optimistic £1 ew doubles

Girl Of Cadiz (1605 Salisbury, 8/1) & Face Facts (1920 Roscommon, 6/1)

Carvelas (1750 Roscommon, 16/1) & Total Obsession (1900 Lingfield, 22/1)

:fc:

A couple of Patents for today, all favourites, £1 per line

Ghanaian (1635 Salisbury, 6/4)

Billing (1720 Fontwell, 13/8)

Monumental Man (2000 Lingfield, 2/1)

Silver Steel (1515 Fontwell, 5/2)

Intomist (1735 Salisbury,11/4)

Papradon (1840 Worcester,  2/1)

A couple of optimistic £1 ew doubles

Girl Of Cadiz (1605 Salisbury, 8/1) & Face Facts (1920 Roscommon, 6/1)

Carvelas (1750 Roscommon, 16/1) & Total Obsession (1900 Lingfield, 22/1)

:fc:

Personally doing short priced patents, i'd rather do a £2 Trixie for just £1 cost more than a £1 patent.

Reason being you don't get double/treble the odds for 1 winner, and you stand to win a bit more should you hit, the only thing is that you obviously have to get two winners. Easier said than done of course and I do know something back is better than nothing, can see both sides of the coin. Prefer a patent when 1 winner will at least get you money back, again, easier said than done!

Of course everyone is different, just boils down to personal preference and how greedy you are! lol

Personally doing short priced patents, i'd rather do a £2 Trixie for just £1 cost more than a £1 patent.

Reason being you don't get double/treble the odds for 1 winner, and you stand to win a bit more should you hit, the only thing is that you obviously have to get two winners. Easier said than done of course and I do know something back is better than nothing, can see both sides of the coin. Prefer a patent when 1 winner will at least get you money back, again, easier said than done!

Of course everyone is different, just boils down to personal preference and how greedy you are! lol

Never really considered a trixie bet tbh. Crap day today so far with my bets. After a couple of days of picking favourites its back to reality, oh well, onwards and upwards. 

Really going through a horrendous spell atm, I always seem to saying this lol Maybe I should realise something....

Anyway, hoping my luck might change during Ascot next week, I always seem to do 'ok' over festivals, I'm not sure if it's because I take more notice, clutch onto big names, tips I follow are somehow better, or because I bet more, more regular and I lose but also win and it balances itself out/puts me in profit. It always seems to be that way anyway (Touch wood it continues during Ascot and future festivals).

Just need hone my betting out of festivals.

Lost on a 3/1 favourite earlier. :rolleyes:

Double.

3.30 @ Sandown - Rylee Mooch.

3.35 @ Musselburgh - Kingsgate Choice.

Pays a massive 87/1. I've only had 50p e/w, doubt it will happen but like the look of both horse, I reckon both will be there or there abouts, but on my form and record on 'fancying horses' I doesn't point towards it happening but with odds of 87/1 worth £1.

I fucking need it.

Double.

3.30 @ Sandown - Rylee Mooch.

3.35 @ Musselburgh - Kingsgate Choice.

Pays a massive 87/1. I've only had 50p e/w, doubt it will happen but like the look of both horse, I reckon both will be there or there abouts, but on my form and record on 'fancying horses' I doesn't point towards it happening but with odds of 87/1 worth £1.

I fucking need it.

Rylee Mooch, 3rd all race to last in the final furlong.

All on Kingsgate Choice then in a single. That'll lose aswell.

lol and there you go, not had a decent winner in a good 2 months and I have 2 one race after another.

Had Kingsgate Native and now Body and Soul, just need Pythagorean in the 4.05 @ Sandown to get a hat-trick (And a handsome double).

Does it work like this for others? You go ages without a decent win then everything seems to click for you and you get a couple of reasonably decent wins?

Good pick there Matt. Tough race I left well alone (thankfully as I looked at a few who came nowhere). Had a nice win on Highlife Dancer, was happy to leave it at about 11/10 but when it touched 7/4 I was involved.

Going for a Trixie at Leicester tonight. (Not done very well with Patents, I'd say I was more successful with Lucky 15's, I realise you have more chance of winning on a Patent than a Trixie as a Patent includes single bets aswell, but on the odds i'm betting on a single bet isn't worth it anyway, so i'll go for the cheaper stake in a Trixie)

6.35 - Genuine Quality.

7.35 - Red Refraction.

8.05 - Semeen.

0.50p E/W - £4 Total Stake.