Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Going for a Trixie at Leicester tonight. (Not done very well with Patents, I'd say I was more successful with Lucky 15's, I realise you have more chance of winning on a Patent than a Trixie as a Patent includes single bets aswell, but on the odds i'm betting on a single bet isn't worth it anyway, so i'll go for the cheaper stake in a Trixie)

6.35 - Genuine Quality.

7.35 - Red Refraction.

8.05 - Semeen.

0.50p E/W - £4 Total Stake.

I've had sod all luck with patents over the last 5 days but had a couple of ew doubles come in (small stakes on horses with odds between 5/1 - 12/1), I know theres no formula to winning on the horses but may stick to them for a while (until luck changes lol ). Had £2 ew on Schwartzel @ 33/1 who seems to be in amongst it at the US open. 

Mr Matthews in the 2:15 at Carlisle.

Bloke who I follow on twitter has tipped it and he certainly knows his stuff.

Cheers :)

Doubled this up with BUNCE in the 2.45 at Carlisle pays about 16/1

Did the same but made it a trixie with Times Square. The single on Bert's tip will see me in profit no matter what, mind. 

Doubled this up with BUNCE in the 2.45 at Carlisle pays about 16/1

Lets hope Bunce gets you some Bunce then!!

Can't really take credit for the tip, was just passing on what I'd seen tipped. Been following him for a while now and he gets some good winners!

Edited by Bert

Lets hope Bunce gets you some Bunce then!!

Can't really take credit for the tip, was just passing on what I'd seen tipped. Been following him for a while now and he gets some good winners!

Nice one son, if Bunce comes in then it'll fund my Ascot gig

Not had a good look yet but I fancy Animal Kingdom in the 1st race at Ascot, drifted out to evens and I have a free £5 bet so I'll get it on that I think, my only worry would be obviously the ground, it's not used to turf.

I really fancied Dawn Approach in the Derby but it failed miserably, I fancy it to fail again and I'll be on Magician (5/2) in the same race, I'd have been on Magician over Dawn Approach if it had been entered for the Derby but it wasn't entered. Really like the look of Magician.

Lieutenant Miller looks good value @ 12/1 (5.00 -Ascot)

Edited by Matt

Ascot  2 doubles & 4 singles to win.

14.30 Declaration Of War 13/2

15.45 Magician 9/4

15.05 Reckless Abandon 11/2

16.25 Sir John Hawkins 5/1

Ascot silly fun bet, Lucky 31 ew, 5p per line. £3.10 pays over £39k  :whistle:

14.30 Gregorian 16/1

15.05 Kingsgate Native 12/1

15.45 Dundonnell 16/1

16.25 Riverboat Springs 9/1

17.00 Lieutenant Miller 11/1

Edited by separator

Ascot  2 doubles & 4 singles to win.

14.30 Declaration Of War 13/2

15.45 Magician 9/4

15.05 Reckless Abandon 11/2

16.25 Sir John Hawkins 5/1

Ascot silly fun bet, Lucky 31 ew, 5p per line. £3.10 pays over £39k  :whistle:

14.30 Gregorian 16/1

15.05 Kingsgate Native 12/1

15.45 Dundonnell 16/1

16.25 Riverboat Springs 9/1

17.00 Lieutenant Miller 11/1

Good start son!

Andy Murray is 10/1 to win Wimbledon for new Paddy Power customers! 

Max bet £10 though so seriously considering setting up 5 new accounts under different names/addresses and wacking £50 quid down. He should make the semis AT LEAST at which point I wack money on his opponent, guaranteed profit surely?!

Shocking Ascot for me. A couple of seconds and thats it. Landed the placepot on the opening day so I shall finish just ahead no matter what happens today.

Slade Power today ew. And the placepot of course.

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you win on the placepot?

I've been doing them and lost on 2 races a couple of times, does seem like a great bet, obviously/presumably the returns depend on the odds and how many pay in but atleast i'd have a rough idea/figure in my head of winnings.

I've not worked out how much i've bet/won so not sure but i'd guess i'd fairly even over the festival. Need some winners today to propel me into decent profit!

Edited by Matt

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you win on the placepot?

I've been doing them and lost on 2 races a couple of times, does seem like a great bet, obviously/presumably the returns depend on the odds and how many pay in but atleast i'd have a rough idea/figure in my head of winnings.

I've not worked out how much i've bet/won so not sure but i'd guess i'd fairly even over the festival. Need some winners today to propel me into decent profit!

The placepot paid £564 to £1 stake.

The placepot paid £564 to £1 stake.

Cheers, I was no-where near it today anyway.

Couldn't have been much further away tbh. Was close (By close I mean not picking a placed horse in 2 races) twice in the week though.

Due to an shocking day, absloutely shocking, I am down over Ascot.

Not even picked a single place today.