Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Cheers, I was no-where near it today anyway.

Couldn't have been much further away tbh. Was close (By close I mean not picking a placed horse in 2 races) twice in the week though.

Due to an shocking day, absloutely shocking, I am down over Ascot.

Not even picked a single place today.

If you go on the BBC Sport website under the daily racing results it tells what you what the placepot pays :thumbup:

Tough week all round. Most of the favourites bombed. I guess with some of the fields being as big as they are it's gonna be a lot harder.

Got a free £25 bet on Wimbledon from Hills today, stuck it on Ferrer to win today 3-1. Returned £125. Not a fan of tennis but may have another bet to make watching it interesting.

Murray-Djoko final @ 6/4 is pure value.

Or if you're feeling bold, Gulbis to beat Tsonga @ 9/2 might be worth a little.

Guest MattP

Murray-Djoko final @ 6/4 is pure value.

Or if you're feeling bold, Gulbis to beat Tsonga @ 9/2 might be worth a little.

Ever seen a bigger 'free money' bet than Novak to get to the final at 1/3?

I'd put 10k on if I had it to take the £3.3k.

Tie Break in each of these games today 

1. Radek Stepanek v Jerzy JanowiczYes @ 4/9
  2. Tommy Robredo v Nicolas MahutYes @ 4/7
  3. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga v Ernests GulbisYes @ 4/9

Also a Skybet Special which doesn't seem like bad odds; 

1. Barry's Day 3 Wimbledon BetsHewitt to beat Brown, Cilic to beat De Schepper, Murray to beat Lu 3-0 & Federer to beat Stakhovsky 3-0 all to win @ 5/6

Stuck a fiver on Gulbis @ 3/1 & £5 on Dustin Brown in play earlier @ 21/20

Well Gulbris bet was void but at least got a payout from Dustin doing the business.

Heard a few people mention Sugar Boy in this weekends Irish Derby, backed it @ 7/1 ew. Has some stiff competition though, we shall see.

Had a good day on the horses over the last few days so have re-invested some of the profit, £50 to win on Declaration Of War 7/2 in the Eclipse race @ 15.50 Sandown tomorrow. This horse has been good to me in the past, here's hoping it continues. Has a few good horses to beat though  :fc:

I've got an undying love for The Fugue so she will be getting the regular 10 tomorrow. Not e/w this time tho as she's only 4/1 and it's only first 2 places. But go on you beauty. 

I've got an undying love for The Fugue so she will be getting the regular 10 tomorrow. Not e/w this time tho as she's only 4/1 and it's only first 2 places. But go on you beauty. 

Al Kazeem seems to be where the money is going but think it will be a tight race. Just noticed that Betfred are refunding your stake as a free bet if your selection comes 2nd in any of the races at Sandown today.

Ever seen a bigger 'free money' bet than Novak to get to the final at 1/3?

I'd put 10k on if I had it to take the £3.3k.

Hope you had the courage to stick a large wedge on this for decent return?

As for the final, Murray 3-1 @ 6.0 looks nice. Djoko 3-1 @ 4.0 decent too. Reckon this will be done in 4 either way.

Reasonable but you're relying on Lisicki having an off day today and then Murray drawing on the crowd and occasion tomorrow. Hope it comes through though.

Lisicki and Djokovic are both odds on to win, around the 1/2 mark so thought i'd make it interesting. Anything's possible in a final, hopefully Murray won't bottle it.