Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Had a good day on the horses over the last few days so have re-invested some of the profit, £50 to win on Declaration Of War 7/2 in the Eclipse race @ 15.50 Sandown tomorrow. This horse has been good to me in the past, here's hoping it continues. Has a few good horses to beat though  :fc:

Al Kazeem won, Declaration Of War 2nd. My £50 was to win so no return, Corals were the race sponsors and had Al Kazeem @ 3/1 enhanced special so had a couple of quid on that, most other bookies were 9/4 at the time.

Royal baby name betting, bit of fun from the pub last night  lol

George 7/1, Victoria 10/1. £1 on each.

Can't believe the number of markets available on this impeding birth. Eye colour, weight, name, sex, age of first photographed nightclub visit, name of first boy/girlfriend, hair colour, future career...

Going back to my favourites never win rant. Had a Lucky 15 today, I picked 4 horses (Obviously) 2 of them were odds on, 1 of them was 13/8, None of those 3 won, the only winner I had on the Lucky 15 was an 11/2 shot (Not a huge price but atleast there was value there).

Got a very tasty double, probably won't win but i'm used to it.

3.30 @ Market Rasen; Paddy The Hare - 8/1

5.05 @ Cartmel; Taigan - 8/1

£1 E/W.

Edited by Matt

Going back to my favourites never win rant. Had a Lucky 15 today, I picked 4 horses (Obviously) 2 of them were odds on, 1 of them was 13/8, None of those 3 won, the only winner I had on the Lucky 15 was an 11/2 shot (Not a huge price but atleast there was value there).

Got a very tasty double, probably won't win but i'm used to it.

3.30 @ Market Rasen; Paddy The Hare - 8/1

5.05 @ Cartmel; Taigan - 8/1

£1 E/W.

As I thought.

Led almost all the way as well, which is never a good sign.

I had $11.60 in my twinspires.com account after losing $14 of my $25 deposit in the last few days, so I decided to place a few small bets at Saratoga and see if I can win some more money to play with.

$5 win on Double Gold (5/2) in the 1st--that hit, so now I've got a little more change for another bet or two.

I also put on a $3 exacta box on Red Vine (3/2 now) and All That (6/1 currently) in the 2nd.

Edited by Jordan

Wigan +10 on the Championship Handicap @ 18/1 looks right tempting. 1/4 odds, 1,2,3,4 e/w too. Might put a bit on there. 

Sheff Wed +26 at the same price is catching my eye too. 

I've set-up a Facebook group in which I attempt to take £10 to £2000. I know it's doable, as i've done it before (although that was £20, and I took it to £3500). I'll be posting up my selections daily along with how much to stake on each bet. The challenge will officially start on the 1st August, and i'll be closing entry to the group on the 31st July so that everyone will be starting at the same time 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563002273739188/

Wigan +10 on the Championship Handicap @ 18/1 looks right tempting. 1/4 odds, 1,2,3,4 e/w too. Might put a bit on there.

Sheff Wed +26 at the same price is catching my eye too.

Starting on 10 points? If so looks a great bet

Starting on 10 points? If so looks a great bet

I've never bet on it before but yeah I'm pretty sure that's how it works. They gain points on some and lose points to others.

18/1
QPR (SCR)
18/1
Bolton (+4)
18/1
Reading (+4)
18/1
Nott'm Forest (+5)
18/1
Watford (+6)
18/1
Leicester (+6)
18/1
Blackburn (+10)
18/1
Wigan (+10)
18/1
Brighton (+12)
18/1
Leeds (+12)
18/1
Bournemouth (+16)
18/1
Ipswich (+16)
18/1
Birmingham (+18)
18/1
Derby (+18)
18/1
Middlesbrough (+20)
18/1
Blackpool (+24)
18/1
Burnley (+24)
18/1
Charlton (+24)
18/1
Sheff Wed (+24)
18/1
Doncaster (+27)
18/1
Huddersfield (+28)
18/1
Barnsley (+29)
12/1
Millwall (+29)
18/1
Yeovil (+33)

I reckon Wigan could stroll this league so giving them an extra 10 points and quoting 18/1 looks great to me. 

Great call, what site did you get that on?

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/4734522/English-Championship---Handicap.html