Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Was waiting on Albasharah in the 7.30 @ York for a nice 8/1 treble to properly sort my weekend out. SDS was riding and he couldn't get the blindfold off and was left stood in the stalls as the horse bolted, refused to move and still had its blindfold on. Classed as a loss. Times like this make you hate betting. 

Surely if a horse doesn't run anywhere it should be a non runner. It's done no running. Non runner.

Was waiting on Albasharah in the 7.30 @ York for a nice 8/1 treble to properly sort my weekend out. SDS was riding and he couldn't get the blindfold off and was left stood in the stalls as the horse bolted, refused to move and still had its blindfold on. Classed as a loss. Times like this make you hate betting. 

Surely if a horse doesn't run anywhere it should be a non runner. It's done no running. Non runner.

It happened to me once and I argued it was a non-runner, the rules state it's classed as a runner but because I argued it as a one off they gave me a free bet, try it, nothing to lose ah?!

Ah misread and didn't realise it was a treble, still nothing to lose though, may aswell argue it.

Edited by Matt

It happened to me once and I argued it was a non-runner, the rules state it's classed as a runner but because I argued it as a one off they gave me a free bet, try it, nothing to lose ah?!

Ah misread and didn't realise it was a treble, still nothing to lose though, may aswell argue it.

I did on the chat feature, nothing from them.

"It entered the stalls... blah blah blah... starter's orders blahhh... loss". "The rules state... some bullshit ... you are aware of this before you bet... more bullshit". Annoying.

Have Mazaaher in a lucky 15. 2 wins and a place from the other 3 horses in the bet so far.

Well 3 wins paid out £79.36 from a £15 total stake, £40 banked, £20 betting money for tomorrow, rest lumped on Leicester to beat Monaco.

I've set-up a Facebook group in which I attempt to take £10 to £2000. I know it's doable, as i've done it before (although that was £20, and I took it to £3500). I'll be posting up my selections daily along with how much to stake on each bet. The challenge will officially start on the 1st August, and i'll be closing entry to the group on the 31st July so that everyone will be starting at the same time

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563002273739188/

I've joined the group but to call yourself Tipster Stu you have to be good too many mugs call them self a tipster on Facebook or twitter now days lol I look forward to this challenge will add your personal account too.

3.15 Ascot on saturday, lots of runners, big prices. £2.50 ew on both.

Hawkeyethenoo 16/1

Excellent Guest 20/1

Lucky 15. 50p ew pays £2,183.76

Intrigo, 7/1, Ascot 14.40

Baccarat, 13/2, York 15.30

Trading Leather, 9/2, Ascot 15.50

Teak, 13/2, York 16.40 

Hawkeyethenoo 16/1

Excellent Guest 20/1

Lucky 15. 50p ew pays £2,183.76

Teak, 13/2, York 16.40

Good luck mate.

Monaco - Evens for the win tomorrow great price if you ask me will wait to see their line up before staking.

Good luck mate.

Monaco - Evens for the win tomorrow great price if you ask me will wait to see their line up before staking.

Stuck £19 on City @ 12/5 earlier. Some of my winnings from today so not fussed if I lose it. I usually avoid betting on Leicester as it normally ends in disappointment.

Not too long ago, I had a 5 horse ew accumulator. 4 won. The fifth came second. Assuming I'd won, I logged in to my account. The fifth race had 3 horses withdraw (after I'd placed the bet) making it a win-only race, no payout. Gutted. Missed out on £600, despite a lot of arguing with William hill. Edited by Turtles Head

Hawkeyethenoo 16/1

Excellent Guest 20/1

Teak, 13/2, York 16.40 

I'd be astounded if this horse doesn't at least place

Monaco are evens to beat us today, usually try to avoid betting on pre season, them odds are tempting though.

Falcao 7/2 first goal or 20/21 anytime with Bet365 might be worthy of a few quid, assuming he plays of course.

I've gone with a Leicester win @12/5. Also had a 50p scorecast, Schlupp anytime and City 3-2 @ 60/1     :scarf:

Edited by separator

Favourites simply don't win at Ascot do they?! Not one today! Royal Ascot was a poor week for favourites.

What have I just done? Yep, you guessed it, put a double on 2 big favourites in the last 2 races.

5.00 - Emirates Flyer.

5.30 - Big Thunder.

Edited by Matt

Hawkeyethenoo 16/1

Excellent Guest 20/1

Teak, 13/2, York 16.40 

2 places out of that lot. Just stuck the £4.43 return on Leicester to win @ 13/1.  lol