Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Favourites simply don't win at Ascot do they?! Not one today! Royal Ascot was a poor week for favourites.

What have I just done? Yep, you guessed it, put a double on 2 big favourites in the last 2 races.

5.00 - Emirates Flyer.

5.30 - Big Thunder.

As I was saying....:banghead:

Bayern 1-0 down to Dortmund in the German Super Cup with less than 10 mins gone, currently at 12/5. I'm on.

Dortmund winning 4-2, I had Bayern in a double with PSG. Bad day at the office today.

Edit. Won 4-2 that should say

Edited by separator

Dortmund winning 4-2, I had Bayern in a double with PSG. Bad day at the office today.

Edit. Won 4-2 that should say

Not ideal, thought they would win that when they levelled it. 

Still up for the day just about after Novellist at 6/1 earlier.

As the football season starts soon thought i'd have an outright winner and relegation accy from the prem & leagues.

Outright Winners 4 fold each way (ew = top 2 finish in prem, promotion in the other leagues). £1 ew pays £2229.12

Chelsea 9/4, Wigan 11/1, Peterborough 7/1, Chesterfield 6/1.

To be relegated 4 fold. £1 pays £231

Stoke 3/1, Doncaster 2/1, Colchester 7/4, Newport County 6/1

I've set-up a Facebook group in which I attempt to take £10 to £2000. I know it's doable, as i've done it before (although that was £20, and I took it to £3500). I'll be posting up my selections daily along with how much to stake on each bet. The challenge will officially start on the 1st August, and i'll be closing entry to the group on the 31st July so that everyone will be starting at the same time 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563002273739188/

Just over 3 days left to join, currently just under 200 people will be following me.

Dawn Approach Vs Toronado part III today. "The Duel on the Downs" as they're calling it.

DA @ evens or so, Toronado around 9/4 (and drifting). Last meeting was a thriller and Toronado proved it should never have gone off at 5/1, there's never that much between them.

Anyone getting involved? Gonna back Toronado. Think today will be the day after getting so close last time. Can't doubt Dawn Approach's ability and will to win but here's hoping today isn't a good day.

Yep ground is a bit of a concern.

Just think Toronado would've won at Ascot if it wasn't for the huge barge (which affected both, but meant Hughesie had to get to work on Toronado earlier than he wanted, which favoured DA) so backed again this time.

Too right it should be a belter. Hopefully they go eye to eye for the final furlong again in another exciting finish.

Yep ground is a bit of a concern.

Just think Toronado would've won at Ascot if it wasn't for the huge barge (which affected both, but meant Hughesie had to get to work on Toronado earlier than he wanted, which favoured DA) so backed again this time.

Too right it should be a belter. Hopefully they go eye to eye for the final furlong again in another exciting finish.

Looking forward to it Declaration of War shouldn't be written off either but would love them two to go nose to nose until the end.

Never been to Goodwood might pencil it in for next year.

• BOURNEMOUTH V CHARLTON ATHLETIC ENG LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
  • Match Betting - 90 Mins
Charlton Athletic 5/2 Win only None Unsettled
  • PORT VALE V BRENTFORD ENG LEAGUE ONE
Port Vale 2/1 Win only None Unsettled
  • SHREWSBURY TOWN V MK DONS ENG LEAGUE ONE
Shrewsbury Town 11/5 Win only None Unsettled
  • BRISTOL CITY V BRADFORD CITY ENG LEAGUE ONE
Bradford City 16/5 Win only None Unsettled

Gone for this for Saturday... 50p Yankee. Cannot believe the odds on offer here, outrageous, all are well overpriced!

I've set-up a Facebook group in which I attempt to take £10 to £2000. I know it's doable, as i've done it before (although that was £20, and I took it to £3500). I'll be posting up my selections daily along with how much to stake on each bet. The challenge will officially start on the 1st August, and i'll be closing entry to the group on the 31st July so that everyone will be starting at the same time 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563002273739188/

Anyone else following this? First tip is supposed to be up any time now, should be interesting.