Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Unders and Draws for me this weekend I think

I did a bit of research the other night at the last 5 Championship opening days and unders really aren't worth it! Games are a lot tighter than end of seasons but there tends to be a lot of 2-1's and high scoring draws. Also researched how clubs do after getting promoted, one word of advice, if they're away then don't back them! Only been 2 in the last 8/9 years, one was Blackpool at the Walkers lol

I did a bit of research the other night at the last 5 Championship opening days and unders really aren't worth it! Games are a lot tighter than end of seasons but there tends to be a lot of 2-1's and high scoring draws. Also researched how clubs do after getting promoted, one word of advice, if they're away then don't back them! Only been 2 in the last 8/9 years, one was Blackpool at the Walkers lol

Good to know!

Will do a few of these bets but the main bet will be a double and treble more than likely.

You do the SkyBet Free Bet Club thing?

I haven't before but gonna give it a whirl at the start of this season. Think I've understood it right saying a fiver on a 5/1+ accy gets me a free fiver the next week, every week? If so I'm involved. 

I don't really like SkyBet though, website annoys me, odds aren't usually as good as others and you have to sign in with a pin not a password and I forget my bloody pin every time I sign in! 

Put a fiver on that treble which I'm almost sure is a qualifying bet, if it is then I'll do all my footy bets on their with the free & qualifying fiver every week. 

I haven't before but gonna give it a whirl at the start of this season. Think I've understood it right saying a fiver on a 5/1+ accy gets me a free fiver the next week, every week? If so I'm involved. 

I don't really like SkyBet though, website annoys me, odds aren't usually as good as others and you have to sign in with a pin not a password and I forget my bloody pin every time I sign in! 

Put a fiver on that treble which I'm almost sure is a qualifying bet, if it is then I'll do all my footy bets on their with the free & qualifying fiver every week. 

Yep that's right.

Will also probably only use that site now to be honest. £5 plus free £5 should be more than enough and I'm pretty certain I can't lose every week!

Yep that's right.

Will also probably only use that site now to be honest. £5 plus free £5 should be more than enough and I'm pretty certain I can't lose every week!

Haha, let's hope not! 

First few weeks are only worth betting if you're gonna do a big single or goals galore.

Agree with this. Usually in the first couple of months of the season I win at least 6 or 7 goals galore bets, then none for the rest of the season! Tends to be the opposite for calling results as it generally gets more predictable as the season goes on.

Thinking of doing four AWAY WINS this weekend.

Burnley v Bolton

Barnsley v Wigan

Birmingham v Watford

Preston v Wolves

44.37/1

I like that a lot! I'm thinking of backing those 4 in an acca every week for the first few months and see if it turns a profit.

What did the finish on last season mate?

1. Manchester City 80

2. Tottenham 64 +(16 handicap) would lose. Obviously you know that... Looks an okay bet though maybe e/w??

Spurs were 17 off United last year but only 6 off second place City. +16 seems pretty big. Haven't seen who's been over handicapped underneath them, mind. But I expect they'll finish closer to the top than they did last year. 

What did the finish on last season mate?

1. Manchester City 80

2. Tottenham 64 +(16 handicap) would lose. Obviously you know that... Looks an okay bet though maybe e/w??

I swear someone on twitter said somewhere had given then +18. Yeah decent each way shout for sure. If they keep hold of Bale they've got the best chance they'll ever have of winning the league.