Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Oh my days....professional gambler. You do that for a whole year and you're on a 50k salary mate :thumbup:

Unfortunately i dont always have weeks like that...because i lay horses for a living (my full time job) its helped me gain alot of knowledge laying favourites.....what you have to remember is, that if every favourite won a race/sporting event, there would be alot of bankrupt bookmakers, which in turn made me think to my self....why am i doing this for someone else when i can do it myself and lay what i want to lay, not have the hassle of having to get up in the morning, work four hours a day any days i want!

I would imagine in 3/4 months time i will be doing it for a living myself!

I will know about Jack sullivan hopefully around 12ish tomorrow, if the horse is just having a gentle run in preperations for world cup day in dubai i wouldnt advise it, but if it goes to try then have a bet! like i say will update on this one tomorrow

Edited by fox123

Just played poker rnd my mates house i didnt get in the winnings becuase I went out with A K to A 5 and lost with JJ to 55 i mean come on what a joke. :rolleyes: I have decided to try my luck online...probably not the best of ideas mind.

Edited by Maybes

Just played poker rnd my mates house i didnt get in the winnings becuase I went out with A K to A 5 and lost with JJ to 55 i mean come on what a joke. :rolleyes: I have decided to try my luck online...probably not the best of ideas mind.

I just got back from there aswell maybes, i finished £15 down but you got very harsh luck !!!

Jack Sullivan heavly backed on the exchanges at the mo! I got on this morning at 9/2 its 3/1 at mo!

i've stuck it in my canadian. fingers crossed.

b0ll0x. 2nd

Edited by ffuter

Wednesday's Lays

Fontwell

2:40: Femme DAvril laid here! Beat :thumbup:

3:45: Favourite beat here as well

4:15: Favourite Beat here!

Catterick

2:50: Filey Flyer laid here Beat :thumbup:

4:25

4:55

5:25

Also had a tip in the 2:20 Wolverhampton on Saturday there's a horse running called Jack Sullivan, it's due to race as well in Dubai on World Cup day, in the Godolphin Mile, it won the race last year beating Lundy's Liability (No slouch!)

This is just a warm up race for Jack Sullivan, so if you do have a bet on it i'd advise each way....just to let you know I got the tip from the owner (My boss)

Finished 2nd!!

Bought a "surefire profit making" football system during the week:

This weeks bet:

Sunderland 4/5

Morton 4/6

East Fife 4/6Manchester United 8/13

Choose any 3 and bet a Trixie to your preferred stake(4 bets)

So a £5 trixie would cost £20 and a £1 trixie would cost £4.

On a £5 trixie you need two winner for a return of £15 so you'd lose a fiver but if all three win you win £69.

Disclaimer

*Don't shoot the messenger* :P

I'm going small stakes to check it out for the rest of the season and start it next season if successful.

Ended up doing the first three and won nearly £70 :)

Better still I backed templegates first four tips at Sandown and won £889.80 you'd think I'd be happy but because of my late night last night I forgot to do the Jackpot and Placepot which would have won me another £400 :cry:

Ended up doing the first three and won nearly £70 :)

Better still I backed templegates first four tips at Sandown and won £889.80 you'd think I'd be happy but because of my late night last night I forgot to do the Jackpot and Placepot which would have won me another £400 :cry:

Well Done mate. Templegate knows his stuff but I think a better person to follow is the tips in the Racing Post site (whoever does the analysis). Still, you cant argue with Templegate if he wins you that much!

Just heard the horse that beat Jack Sullivan yesterday broke the course record over 7 furlongs...also Jack Sullivan injured after his run and doubtful to run in dubai....

Todays Favourite Lays

Naas

2:00: Favourite Beat

2:30: Favourite Won

3:00: Favourite Beat

3:30: Favourite Beat

4:00:

4:30:

5:00:

5:30:

Market Rasen

3:20: Favourite Beat

3:50:

4:20:

4:50:

Warwick

2:10: Favourite Beat

3:10: Favourite Won

3:40: Favourite Beat

4:10:

Calling it a day £200 up

Full list of results

Edited by fox123

Had a tidy double come in on saturday with Alberta's Run and Gasparra.

McCoy thrashed them home with ease.

£10 double. Gasparra was about 11/4 I think and Alberta's Run was 6/1.

Given me a decent bunce for Cheltenham this week.

I've heard there's money to be made by backing the qualifiers for Cheltenham, in the past they've done well. Even if lots of them are non-runners. Try and back them on the no run/no bet option on some sites. Therefore you don't lose if they don't run.

Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection

Horse Racing Plumpton 2:00 Plumpton Win

12/03/2007 14:00 Netherley (Win) @ SP (8/13)

Horse Racing Plumpton 2:30 Plumpton - Win Only Win

12/03/2007 14:30 The Hardy Boy @ SP

Horse Racing Plumpton 3:00 Plumpton E.P Win

12/03/2007 15:00 Mon Michel @ SP

That's my accy for today.

Fingers crossed.