Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Cheers. Tidy return, just under £100. On a bit of a winning streak

Nice one mate - I was considering joining you on it - then I had to actually do a bit of work and forgot all about it!

Well played though - I've got one more bet for today and that's it for me for the week.

Nice one mate - I was considering joining you on it - then I had to actually do a bit of work and forgot all about it!

Well played though - I've got one more bet for today and that's it for me for the week.

What you going with?

Im on Another Genepi at 4.40. Had a fiver on it to win, just decided to put another £20 e/w :unsure:

Finally.

Horse Racing Lingfield 5:00 Lingfield Win

21/03/2007 17:00 Cleopatras Ther' (Win) @ 14/1 (16/1) (Each way 3 places @ 1/4 odds

A winner at 14s yesterday at 5pm.

Nice one, lets hope that this other selection wins also! :thumbup:

Is anyone on here keen to explain to me, exactly how laying works in betting? I cant seem to grasp how it would work :blink::dunno:

Its simple enough, say you know or fancy a horse that can't win, you lay it.

Ie, you put in the odds you want to offer for this we'll say 11.0 then the amount that your willing to lose/win which will be your backer's stake so for this we'll say £2.

So your offering for someone to back that horse for £2 @11.0. If the horse loses which you want you win £2 plus your £2 stake back, but if the horse wins you lose £20 if the bet has been matched.

Ive tried to keep it as simple as possible, hope it helps.

Edited by Leicfox

Is anyone on here keen to explain to me, exactly how laying works in betting? I cant seem to grasp how it would work :blink::dunno:

Laying a horse is backing it to loose...so basically you are backing the rest of the runners, if say for example a horse is 2/1 and you want to win 20 you 'lay' the horse, so if any other horse wins, you win 20

However if the horse wins your liability would be -40

You can only lay a horse using betting exchanges i.e. betfair...also pick your races wisely, for example, laying favourites in a handicap hurdle is more likely to pay off than laying a favourite in a maiden hurdle.

If you look at lays i have done in the past the only races i lay favourites in are:

Handicap Hurdles

Races where fillies/mares are favourites

Irish racing

Maiden chases

Novice chases

Handicap chases

Bumpers (but only at irish tracks)

Mares/Fillies only races

I avoid

Novice hurdle

maiden hurdle

hunters chase

All weather tracks

English bumpers

Selling races

Conditional jockey races

Edited by fox123

I informed you all of a horse trained by Jamie Osborne when he absolutely hacked up on 3yo debut. He was then the best three-year-old he had in training but disappointed when fourth at Leicester. Has been given time off to grow and strengthen up even more and he wasn't off a yard last time out. He's been prepared for a Turf spring campaign this year where he's expected to take a few nice prizes. Is tuned up for this and my contact has ensured me this thing wins. He's having a maximum bet, and I'll have a nice bet too.

4:50 Kempton - Baizically.

Upto you what you make of it though.

Just passing it on, as per. :)