Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Fiver ew on Intello, 9/1, Longchamp 3.15. Decent race, Al Kazeem in at 16's as I type, just shows the quality of horses ahead of him in the betting.

Certainly sounds like a class field. And as you say if Al Kazeem is 15/1, them how good are some of these horses.

I am going to stay away as I can't get a feel for one that I should back with any real conviction. Although I keep reading good things about Treve but at 4/1 maybe a little short.

Went mental this morning and placed 17 bets on the football. Ended up £3 in profit but Leicester not winning cost me another 40 odd on one line. 2 winning bets out of 17 lol

Also was given a free £1 on games so went on roulette. Doubled up on that with a red so then used my own money on black. Lost so thought it's got to be black soon and carried on. 6 go's later, all on black, not one winner. Furious with myself and never again! Cheating bastards.

Guys i've never really bet on horses, i'm abit puzzled on each way? i get the stake part but am puzzled on the returns...

I am looking at a horse at 7/1, i'm thinking of putting 10 quid on which would be 5 win and 5 place and if i win i get 53.75 back but what do i get back just on the place part if the horse doesn't win? 20 horses are currently scheduled to run btw...

Edited by Chrisuki

Guys i've never really bet on horses, i'm abit puzzled on each way? i get the stake part but am puzzled on the returns...

I am looking at a horse at 7/1, i'm thinking of putting 5 quid on which would be 10 quid, which would be 5 win and 5 place and if i win i get 53.75 back but what do i get back just on the place part if the horse doesn't win? 20 horses are currently scheduled to run btw...

It depends on your bookmaker. 20 horses would mean you get a return on the place part if your horse finishes in the top 4 (unless there's a special offer offering 5 places for a big race etc). If your horse places but doesn't win you lose your £5 win stake and you win your £5 place stake and it will return either 1/4 or 1/5 of the win odds depending on what your bookie is offering (it should say somewhere on the page).

So £5 e/w @ 7/1 and your horse finishes 3rd it would turn into £5 @ 7/4 (if you're getting paid 1/4 odds for a place) which would return £13.75. And if you pick a winner you get paid £5 win @ 7/1 (£40) and £5 place @ 7/4 (£13.75) which is the original £53.75 you were quoting as "potential returns". Hope that helps.

Edit - each way is just a safety net when you're choosing a horse you've heard (or think) "should go close" at a big price or is "overpriced" etc, obviously you double your stake so risk losing more but a top 4 finish will turn a decent profit if the odds are biggish, and if not should get your money back with a little extra.

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 1

It depends on your bookmaker. 20 horses would mean you get a return on the place part if your horse finishes in the top 4 (unless there's a special offer offering 5 places for a big race etc). If your horse places but doesn't win you lose your £5 win stake and you win your £5 place stake and it will return either 1/4 or 1/5 of the win odds depending on what your bookie is offering (it should say somewhere on the page).

So £5 e/w @ 7/1 and your horse finishes 3rd it would turn into £5 @ 7/4 (if you're getting paid 1/4 odds for a place) which would return £13.75. And if you pick a winner you get paid £5 win @ 7/1 (£40) and £5 place @ 7/4 (£13.75) which is the original £53.75 you were quoting as "potential returns". Hope that helps.

William Hill i'm using and I was slowly starting to work it out (blame Sunday morning brain for that) haha, but yeah that helps as i fully understand now, cheers!

Well I thought Hamburg were a bit of decent value @ 13/8 or so away to a pretty poor Nurnberg side but i didn't expect it to be that easy money. 0-5 with about 20 minutes to go. Stroll. In. The. Park. 

Fiver ew on Intello, 9/1, Longchamp 3.15. Decent race, Al Kazeem in at 16's as I type, just shows the quality of horses ahead of him in the betting.

Intello placed, returned a whopping £16.26. Put it on an Arsenal, PSG, Juventus treble, pays out £93 quid. Easy come easy go.

Edited by separator

I've bet on Arsenal....they're losing.

I don't fucking learn do it?! :banghead:

I bet on Spurs to win at home as part of an accumulator. Playing against West Ham who haven't scored away from home yet.

Guess who just fvcking scored...

Bets for today!

Bordeaux

Napoli

Udinese

Ajax

£2.50 returns £10.80

Chelsea

Southampton

Tottenham

Atl Madrid

Sevilla

£4 returns £33

The minor one came in today which took my winnings for this weekend to £95. 

Spurs can fuck off though. 

• Like 1