Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Belgium over 2/1 to beat croatia seems a bit over priced 

Italy are 2/1 to beat Denmark away

My mate put down £10 for Italy/Belguim win at 8.6/1

£2.50 on Italy Win/Belguim draw at 8/1

£2.50 on other way around at 8.6/1

Decent.

Columbia at home against Chile @ EVENS. That is huge (unless i'm missing something). 

Columbia's home form reads: 4-0, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0. They last conceded a goal at home in November 2011 against Argentina. They also beat Chile 3-1 away from home this qualifying campaign. Chile beat Paraguay away last time out but everyone beats Paraguay. They lost the 2 away games previous to that including a loss at Peru who, let's be honest, aren't very good.

Have bookies all just lost their minds or am I missing something? Only one way to find out... 

ps. Peterboro @ 10/11 or evens or so will do nicely in a double. 

Edited by ScouseFox

Columbia at home against Chile @ EVENS. That is huge (unless i'm missing something). 

Columbia's home form reads: 4-0, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0. They last conceded a goal at home in November 2011 against Argentina. They also beat Chile 3-1 away from home this qualifying campaign. Chile beat Paraguay away last time out but everyone beats Paraguay. They lost the 2 away games previous to that including a loss at Peru who, let's be honest, aren't very good.

Have bookies all just lost their minds or am I missing something? Only one way to find out... 

ps. Peterboro @ 10/11 or evens or so will do nicely in a double. 

Followed that (Colombia) and stuck a few other teams in a £5 accy.

Colombia (vs Chile)

Holland (vs Hungary)

Sweden (vs Austria)

Orient (vs MK Dons)

Oxford (vs Northampton)

Exeter (vs Hartlepool)

Returns £216.

It can be a deadly this thing called "betting" i myself have recently gone abit mad and haven't made a profit, i'm about 100 quid down and that may not sound much but to me i'm gutted it's that much

I was thinking just how big it's all becoming today. Simply from walking through town.

There's

4 William Hills

3 Ladbrokes

2 Corals

2 Stan James

1 Paddy Power

1 Mark Jarvis

All within a mile of each other. Like the chap said on the video it's even more lethal online. People won't feel the money coming out and it's so easy to go chasing. Just look at Rics story a few pages back.

I was thinking just how big it's all becoming today. Simply from walking through town.

There's

4 William Hills

3 Ladbrokes

2 Corals

2 Stan James

1 Paddy Power

1 Mark Jarvis

All within a mile of each other. Like the chap said on the video it's even more lethal online. People won't feel the money coming out and it's so easy to go chasing. Just look at Rics story a few pages back.

Yeah i've just read Ric's story and i hope he's getting his addiction in check, it won't be easy but i'm sure he will overcome it!

Spot on gambling is everywhere nowadays, it's very hard to just ignore it and you need damn good willpower especially if the betting bug gets you.. And you are spot on again, it's the chasing part that's the deadly part, i may have only lost 100 quid but i lost that by trying to gain 10 back, 20 back, 30 back, then 40, then 50, etc, etc and now it's at 100!

I don't spend anymore than 10 quid on a bet but it just shows it all mounts up in the end!

The most I've done on a single bet is a fiver, I rarely go above £1 on a single bet, and end up doing about £3 at most in shop. I do at least £1/£1.50 a day (if there are games on) as it gives me something to follow.

Edited by Lamby

Northern Ireland

Lithuania

Kazakhstan

Greece

Austria

89/1

Walsall

Orient

Preston

Bury

Rochdale