Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

lol lol

Unlucky mate, its happened to everyone.

I posted on here, I thought I did an Over 2.5 goals the other month, looked at HT and was well in, thought I only needed Watford or Doncaster/Bournemouth to score another goal and then it cut to Paul Jewell saying there was a penalty at Vicarage Road, Watford had scored, made 2-1. I was celebrating £360, turned out I had placed the bet to be Under 2.5. I was gutted.

lol lol

Unlucky mate, its happened to everyone.

I posted on here, I thought I did an Over 2.5 goals the other month, looked at HT and was well in, thought I only needed Watford or Doncaster/Bournemouth to score another goal and then it cut to Paul Jewell saying there was a penalty at Vicarage Road, Watford had scored, made 2-1. I was celebrating £360, turned out I had placed the bet to be Under 2.5. I was gutted.

I done something similar a few weeks back, had 5 games to go over 2.5 goals in the 90minutes... came to 5 o clock all games had gone Over 2.5 but one of my selections said 'Lost' took a closer look and for some strange reason that results was over 2.5 by half time. was gutted about £400 as well.

What an idiot I am, never going to live this down, it was a both teams to score accumulator, not a standard one like I thought I chose! Very embarrassed and pissed off right now

Going to say 190/1 ish lol no chance.

Bosnia were 2/9

Germany 7/10

Czech's 2/1 ish

It would have required the aussies to be like 30/1 lol

If you think Tincy's bad, how about this lol

I HAVE WON £700. I HAVE WON £700.

OH MY ****ING GOD. I HAVE NOT WON £700. BELGIUM HAVE CONCEDED IN THE LAST MINUTE. WHAT IS LIFE?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I ****ING HATE BELGIUM

• Like 1

Counting chickens before they hatch! Gutted!

I was quite lucky early on in the season. Opposite to Uncle Albert. Had about 3 or 4 games come in at over 2.5. Thought I had an Arsenal match at over 2.5 too, but I actually put under 2.5 and it turns out it was 1-0 or 1-1. For some reason winning bets always seem a bit more sweeter when that happens!

It makes me laugh how they claim they're tipsters. When they really aren't. There's a page on twitter that has all of their stats. Which happen to be awful.

The thing that winds me up the most is accounts that charge for tips (I don't follow anyones tips (certainly not on football anyway) - prefer to choose my own games, that's part of the fun right?)

Don't understand how this would wind you up, I was in a group led by a Professional Gambler on Facebook for around 2 years, paid the guy £10 a month and recouped it within minutes.

People may say betting is a mugs game, played properly, it really isn't.

Don't understand how this would wind you up, I was in a group led by a Professional Gambler on Facebook for around 2 years, paid the guy £10 a month and recouped it within minutes.

People may say betting is a mugs game, played properly, it really isn't.

Yeah but not many people know how to play it properly. If anyone on here did we wouldn't be in this thread. We'd be set up for life, chilling on a beach every day.

It can easily wind me up. Especially if they're useless and make out like they're great, just find it immoral.

As I also said surely part of betting is about picking your own winners. Not getting someone to do it for you. Depends how into you are.

Edited by Bert

Yeah but not many people know how to play it properly. If anyone on here did we wouldn't be in this thread. We'd be set up for life, chilling on a beach every day.

It can easily wind me up. Especially if they're useless and make out like they're great, just find it immoral.

As I also said surely part of betting is about picking your own winners. Not getting someone to do it for you. Depends how into you are.

I agree with the bottom bit mate but you could also say it makes you more aware of things if you've been in a group if you get what I'm saying. Like oh so and so are in play, they beat the handicap last time or what ever.

Or if bookies have something priced wrong like last year in the Europa league.

Mura v Lazio.

Lazio were above evens for the win, ht/ft was 17/10 and Lazio to win both halves was like 23/10.

Mura got smashed the round before but the team they played had played an a player who shouldn't of played so Mura got re instated.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/europa-league/2012-2013/mura-05-lazio-519239.html

Edited by Ashley

I agree with the bottom bit mate but you could also say it makes you more aware of things if you've been in a group if you get what I'm saying. Like oh so and so are in play, they beat the handicap last time or what ever.

Or if bookies have something priced wrong like last year in the Europa league.

Mura v Lazio.

Lazio were above evens for the win, ht/ft was 17/10 and Lazio to win both halves was like 23/10.

Mura got smashed the round before but the team they played had played an a player who shouldn't of played so Mura got re instated.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/europa-league/2012-2013/mura-05-lazio-519239.html

But that again all boils down to how much into it you all are.

For me if you bet in play you take it all a lot more serious than someone who has just a £5 bet every week or something like that.

You might not agree, just my take on it all.

But that again all boils down to how much into it you all are.

For me if you bet in play you take it all a lot more serious than someone who has just a £5 bet every week or something like that.

You might not agree, just my take on it all.

Exactly mate but things I don't agree with is the people like Lamby(without having a go at him) who have 50p or £1 accumulators at ridiculous odds other words mug betting(if you're allowed to call it that) how you explained it was brilliant there is a reason it's at them odds.

Exactly mate but things I don't agree with is the people like Lamby(without having a go at him) who have 50p or £1 accumulators at ridiculous odds other words mug betting(if you're allowed to call it that) how you explained it was brilliant there is a reason it's at them odds.

Exactly, it needs something absolutely spectacular to come off and it very rarely does. It's hard enough to get a 4 four fold at times.

I'm sure he's only betting what he thinks is sensible or can afford and you can't knock anyone for that. It's just the type of bet.

I've done the odd 8/10 team £1 bet, I think that's how everyone starts when they bet, they all want the big win but in time they will come to learn.

Don't bet too much myself these days, just £4/£5 on a Saturday. Saving up for a house!

I'd say you're a 'mug better' if you take football betting seriously and would start evaluating my life if I had to rely on an income through betting.

The group J.Lisemore is talking about the owner has just hit the £1 million profit mark and in one day he won enough to pay for a £17.5k grand car plus insurance and petrol for around 2 years. People are professional gamblers it isn't 'mug betting' at all but then again it could go tits up. Oh the lad has also funded all of his university fees and is in his last year of a business degree.

I dont normally bet more than £5 a week on footy. But the £5 on the internationals was pretty much a throwaway Lamby.

This weekend im going for:

Wolves v Coventry (21/20)

Dartford v Hyde (5/6)

Hoffenheim v Leverkusen (1/1)

£37.51 return

The group J.Lisemore is talking about the owner has just hit the £1 million profit mark and in one day he won enough to pay for a £17.5k grand car plus insurance and petrol for around 2 years. People are professional gamblers it isn't 'mug betting' at all but then again it could go tits up. Oh the lad has also funded all of his university fees and is in his last year of a business degree.

Again though to be a very profitable professional gambler like the one you've mentioned you have to have the bottle to be betting large amounts in some cases.

Again though to be a very profitable professional gambler like the one you've mentioned you have to have the bottle to be betting large amounts in some cases.

And you need a lot of money in the bank before even thinking about it, sure you can call yourself a professional gambler but if your not betting big then you won't get very far fast.

As they say money makes money... If you have 50k+ lying around to blow on gambling and you have some ounce of common sense, knowledge and bottle you will guarantee to make money on a regular basis from gambling.

Anyone betting big would be doing it as a full time job.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Weekend bets

Ascot on saturday

1.45, Estimate 2/1

2.20, Viztoria 13/2

2.55, Talent 10/3

3.30, Olympic Glory 5/1

4.05, Ruler Of The World 9/1

50p ew accy, 20p 10x ew doubles. £5 total stake.

Scorecast : Leicester 3-1, Vaughan fgs  :ph34r: £1 @ 175/1

Palace v Fulham DRAW

Watford

Blackburn

BTTS + Result. £5 pays £288

Suarez

Deeney

Rhodes

Assombalonga

fgs £1 Yankee pays £881, £1 accy pays £400

I'd say you're a 'mug better' if you take football betting seriously and would start evaluating my life if I had to rely on an income through betting.

You honestly think a 'mug better' is somebody who takes football betting seriously?

I've never relied on betting as an income, just an easy way to make money.`

As has been said though, you do need a 'head start' in terms of a decent bank account.

Very true. He says small, medium, large or 'special' stakes when he places bets in the group not to mention the £10.00 per month he gets off his subcribers(800) you do the maths. It's a registered business so - tax a year and work that out. That's not included in his million profit from betting so if it ever does go wrong he's got something to fall back on.