Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Trying something new and having 2/3 long odds on faves and build it up. Started with £10 on Man Utd (4/11), Rangers (1/5) and Barca (1/3) to get £20+ back, see how far it goes.

I've often considered this but the question is where do you stop?

I do it from time to time and I take my original tenner back immediately so then you're effectively playing with the bookies money. So turn your tenner into £25 or so, put your tenner back in your pocket and start with £15 of Bet365's money and keep going until you get to something decent. What "decent" is depends on the person I guess, I usually stop (if I haven't lost) when it starts to hurt typing/writing the stake amount on a bet slip because it might lose. 

Yeah it's a tough one, I'll bottle it when I hit 3 figures and start again probably. Don't have the guts to put £100 down on a bet. Like Scouse says, once the first bets in you can effectively look at is as a free bet instead. I've heard good stories about the tactic and some absolute horror stories.

Yeah it's a tough one, I'll bottle it when I hit 3 figures and start again probably. Don't have the guts to put £100 down on a bet. Like Scouse says, once the first bets in you can effectively look at is as a free bet instead. I've heard good stories about the tactic and some absolute horror stories.

I did a £10 up to £483 once, I said I was going to do it until a £1000 but shit it when I wrote out £483 on Port Vale I think it was to win, so I cashed it out. Port Vale did win but it didn't bother me, got to have a lot of guts.

Man City

QPR

Valencia

Udinese

Verona

Monaco

47/1

Over 2.5:

Spurs v Hull

Morton v St Johnstone

Valencia v Almeria

AC Milan v Lazio

Fiorentina v Napoli

Juve v Catania

Sochaux v Montpellier

Waregem v Gent

76/1

Whacked a fiver on Spurs/Man City to win with both teams to score. 12/5 and 11/4 they were, according to my newly downloaded phone app, that would work out as a £63.75 win if it came in?

Correct yes

A couple of quid in my Coral account so time for some silly bets.

Newcastle v Man C over 2.5

Spurs v Hull over 2.5

Grasshopper v Zurich BTTS

Wigan v QPR DRAW

Real Madrid

Valencia

Juventus

Buxton

St Johnstone

£1 Lamby special

Hull 2-1

Man City 3-1

£1 correct score double. Fancy an upset in the Spurs game tonight.

Can't believe the amount of people who bet on City/Spurs last night. City have a mixed away record and Newcastle drew with Liverpool recently. Spurs had been struggling a bit in their last two matches. Would be more logical to bet on likes of A.Madrid/Juve and Roma which I did.

Can't believe the amount of people who bet on City/Spurs last night. City have a mixed away record and Newcastle drew with Liverpool recently. Spurs had been struggling a bit in their last two matches. Would be more logical to bet on likes of A.Madrid/Juve and Roma which I did.

Isn't hindsight wonderful

Blackburn

Wigan

QPR

MK Dons

BTTS + win, £1 @ 224/1

Rooney

Torres

Vardy

FGS 50p Patent

BTTS in all saturday prem games + Leicester v Watford

£1 @ 184/1

1.30 Newmarket, Raskova, 11/2

2.10 Weatherby, Noble Legend, 6/1

3.20 Weatherby, Baltic Pathfinder, 9/2

EW Patent + EW Treble

Got a weekly pools going on at work. Pick 4 away wins from 8 divisions (PL, Ch'ship, L1, L2, Conference, Scottish PL, SL1, SL2, - only 3pms) 

None of us have ever got 4 right in one weekend. Closest is 3 right.

For this week I have:

Plymouth vs Northampton

Leeds vs Yeovil (nope!)

Forest vs Blackpool

West Ham vs Villa

(I got someone else to pick randomly for this week cos my usual picks weren't working!)

Wonder how much I'd get if I put a quid on that..