Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Loy mate dont say that as Ive just backed Macs Joy for £50 to get me level again lol!! Im digging a whole here on bloody horses and I spent 5 hours to win £200 on the poker tables only to give it back on the ponies lol!!

lol told you lay lay lay!!

3 outta 4 favourites beat today :D

lol told you lay lay lay!!

3 outta 4 favourites beat today :D

Well done mate but Macs Joy looked the winner with 100 yards to go but the other bugger fought back!

I`ll stick to poker after one last bet. :frusty::frusty:

BTW, Just seen I was beat by a 20/1 shot that was 50s this morning. lol

Im on Lucky Nelerie in the next at Perth and if this loses thats it for today!

Edited by apexgeo

Well done mate but Macs Joy looked the winner with 100 yards to go but the other bugger fought back!

I`ll stick to poker after one last bet. :frusty::frusty:

BTW, Just seen I was beat by a 20/1 shot that was 50s this morning. lol

Im on Lucky Nelerie in the next at Perth and if this loses thats it for today!

Pricewise tipped it this morning, but hes been on terrible form!

Bengo to place for me at perth ive not got a bet on it tho lol

Edited by fox123

Pricewise tipped it this morning, but hes been on terrible form!

I know nothing about horses mate except that one of them has to win! Ive put £25 on it at 11/2 but if this loses I would have shown a total profit on the day of about £30 after hours of hard "work" on the poker tables! Barsteward ATR channel!

I know nothing about horses mate except that one of them has to win! Ive put £25 on it at 11/2 but if this loses I would have shown a total profit on the day of about £30 after hours of hard "work" on the poker tables! Barsteward ATR channel!

I rarely 'back' a horse to win! imma better layer

Just layed catch me at punchestown! :thumbup:

Edited by fox123

I rarely 'back' a horse to win! imma better layer

Just layed catch me at punchestown!

ive really got to concentrate more on laying horses because it seems easier to pick one out who has no chance on the handicap or even the ground than picking the winner. For now though I`ll stick to the occasional horse and football punt but will try to steer clear totally as it does effect my poker winnings which wasnt the plan when giving up a bloody well paid job a few months back!

Im off out for now as its time to stroll around the pitch and putt course locally as the layabout mates are almost here.

ive really got to concentrate more on laying horses because it seems easier to pick one out who has no chance on the handicap or even the ground than picking the winner. For now though I`ll stick to the occasional horse and football punt but will try to steer clear totally as it does effect my poker winnings which wasnt the plan when giving up a bloody well paid job a few months back!

Im off out for now as its time to stroll around the pitch and putt course locally as the layabout mates are almost here.

Problem with that is mate is inconsistancy, and your gonna get one horse that will bite you on the arse and take all your days/weeks/months profit in one hit!

When laying i stick to favourites only, and specific races apart from Ireland, of course there are going to be days where favs are gonna do you but if you are patient, and not try to play 'catch up' you will end up having a very profitable week :D

Edited by fox123

I dont really understand how betfair works, being an exchange an all that :unsure:

It's the same as betting on, say a site like will hills except someone else is acting as the bookmaker, so you have the choice to either back as the punter or lay as the bookmaker.

You can also cover bets 'in-play' so say for example you 'back' liverpool to win tonight, and they go 1 nil up, you can then 'lay' off your backed bets at a smaller price guaranteeing your self a profit what ever the result and getting your stake back...thus gaining a free bet!

It's the same as betting on, say a site like will hills except someone else is acting as the bookmaker, so you have the choice to either back as the punter or lay as the bookmaker.

You can also cover bets 'in-play' so say for example you 'back' liverpool to win tonight, and they go 1 nil up, you can then 'lay' off your backed bets at a smaller price guaranteeing your self a profit what ever the result and getting your stake back...thus gaining a free bet!

Whats it all about when you can change that odds?

Whats it all about when you can change that odds?

Betting exchanges usually have 'true odds' so say for example, theres a horse running in the next race at Newmarket,

punters at the track are only able to back the horse at say 3/1 when on betfair the 'true odds' of the horse is 7/2 you can say steal slightly higher and back the horse you want to at 4.75 which to the £1 would win you £3.75 rather than £3 (you always add £1 to the odds on betfair).

All betfair is, is peer-to-peer betting so it would be like me betting against you!

If you want to look at how the market moves, I would suggest the following:

Go to betfair website

Click on the sports tab (top left)

On the left hand scroll menu click todays horse racing

Click on the next available horse race

When the market opens, you will see a button that says refresh (somewhere in the middle at the top)

Keep clicking it and you will see the odds moving and ammounts of money getting either smaller or bigger in the blue and pink columns.

In the back column (the blue one) click on any of those odds of the horse you want to 'back'

then on the left hand side it will open up a box asking how much you want to bet, put in £10 and it will tell you the profit you will stand to make!

NB: You dont have to open an account on betfair to get a feel of how it works!

Hope this helps?

Ill do some print screens tomorrow giving examples, of the above

Edited by fox123

Betting exchanges usually have 'true odds' so say for example, theres a horse running in the next race at Newmarket,

punters at the track are only able to back the horse at say 3/1 when on betfair the 'true odds' of the horse is 7/2 you can say steal slightly higher and back the horse you want to at 4.75 which to the £1 would win you £3.75 rather than £3 (you always add £1 to the odds on betfair).

All betfair is, is peer-to-peer betting so it would be like me betting against you!

If you want to look at how the market moves, I would suggest the following:

Go to betfair website

Click on the sports tab (top left)

On the left hand scroll menu click todays horse racing

Click on the next available horse race

When the market opens, you will see a button that says refresh (somewhere in the middle at the top)

Keep clicking it and you will see the odds moving and ammounts of money getting either smaller or bigger in the blue and pink columns.

In the back column (the blue one) click on any of those odds of the horse you want to 'back'

then on the left hand side it will open up a box asking how much you want to bet, put in £10 and it will tell you the profit you will stand to make!

NB: You dont have to open an account on betfair to get a feel of how it works!

Hope this helps?

Ill do some print screens tomorrow giving examples, of the above

Cheers mate. Ill look when ive got some time.

Cheers mate. Ill look when ive got some time.

I still dont understand how i can put £10 on a horse at 5.1 so I make £41 but then you are able to change the 5.1 to like 100 so you get £990??

I still dont understand how i can put £10 on a horse at 5.1 so I make £41 but then you are able to change the 5.1 to like 100 so you get £990??

You can change to what you want, and it will stay in the pot waiting for someone to match it!

Where you see the back column, that is what people are prepared to lay so, if you change the odds to 100 you wont get your bet matched, but it will stay in the pot

Edited by fox123