Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Bit harsh! I didn't have a pop at anyone! Just said that was something was stupid.

I was referring to how quickly these arguments escalated rather than what individuals said. Everyone involved had said something inflammatory that made the situation worser. 

On the reflection, I realised my previous comment can be interpreted as 'inflammatory' hahaha but seriously, everyone, just get back to discussing bets rather than squabbling! 

QPR

Brentford

Orient

50p returns £3.98

Middlesbrough

Bham

Scunthorpe

Fleetwood 

50p returns £5.67

tomorrow ive gone for (Winners in bold)

MAN CITY V Cardiff

BRUM V Yeovil

BURNLEY V Sheff Wed

MIDDS V Charlton

QPR V Huddersfield

Bournemouth V WATFORD

Doncaster V WIGAN

SCUNTHORPE V Wimbledon

Tenner at 118/1

No away win since October. Really?

To be fair I can understand why Lamby only makes extremely ambitious bets - it's hardly a secret that he's on low money. Then again, the ignorance from him towards people actually trying to help him is hilarious.

Gonna stick a couple of ambitious ones on tomorrow myself.

Makes me laugh have everyone takes a pop at Lamby. He can do what he wants, clearly he just enjoys a few quid here and there and if it wins then it's a bonus, like the other week for example. 

Generally in the long run he will lose out but is he that bothered? Probably not.

Makes me laugh have everyone takes a pop at Lamby. He can do what he wants, clearly he just enjoys a few quid here and there and if it wins then it's a bonus, like the other week for example. 

Generally in the long run he will lose out but is he that bothered? Probably not.

The funny thing is I ain't convinced he will. What did he win the other week? £130 wasn't it? Well that's a good 200 bets for him (based on a mix of 50p/£1 bets). Will he only win once every 200 times? I bet it won't take him that long to win again even if it is total fluke.

Can understand his style as mine is sort of similar (although slightly less bizarre). I'm not really in a position to be gambling £20 on anything but maybe that's just me.

The funny thing is I ain't convinced he will. What did he win the other week? £130 wasn't it? Well that's a good 200 bets for him (based on a mix of 50p/£1 bets). Will he only win once every 200 times? I bet it won't take him that long to win again even if it is total fluke.

Can understand his style as mine is sort of similar (although slightly less bizarre). I'm not really in a position to be gambling £20 on anything but maybe that's just me.

He would do his money in the end Dan.

How much money did it take to land the £130? You dont realise it, but those small stakes add up.

When placing such massive accumulators,  youre giving a huge advantage to the bookmaker, due to the overround placed on the odds. The more teams you select, the more chance you have of losing (obviously) but the worse value your bet becomes relative to the value your bet SHOULD be.

It's not really the big accumulators we're trying to talk him out of at the minute. We're all just trying to steer him clear if betting on the things like the Lithuanian 2nd division. I think while we can all see a little bit of sense in the small stake, large odds approach, I'm sure we can all also see that no good will ever come from betting on leagues you know absolutely nothing about.

It's not really the big accumulators we're trying to talk him out of at the minute. We're all just trying to steer him clear if betting on the things like the Lithuanian 2nd division. I think while we can all see a little bit of sense in the small stake, large odds approach, I'm sure we can all also see that no good will ever come from betting on leagues you know absolutely nothing about.

Yeah but if that Lithuanian team forms reads WWWDW is against WWWDLD they are bound to win.

Would only ever bet on things that I know about. Which is Football and horses mainly. Have a go in the majors at golf because you can get good each way odds and it keeps it interesting but that's as far as it goes for me.

It's hard enough getting decent wins without not knowing what you're betting on.

Result: Pending

Horse Racing

ASCOT 15:35 CLARENCE HOUSE CHASE 2m 1f

15:35 18/01

Win or E/W

Hidden Cyclone @ 4/1

Result: Pending

Horse Racing

LINGFIELD 15:45 HANDICAP (4YO+) 1m

15:45 18/01

Win or E/W

True To Form @ 12/1