Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Absolute joke that and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Nice only had 5 shots as well.

I'd given up after 7 minutes when Peterborough were 2 down and Kidderminster were losing.

Incredibly I had Chesterfield/Rochdale as a draw. Chesterfield were 2 up after 90 minutes and it came in.

To be winning at HT:

Real Sociedad

AC Milan

Lyon

PSG

Ajax

Antalyaspor

Olympiacos

80/1

You would have to think that somewhere in that lot there will be a 0-0 at half time surely? Lets hope not.

The "Barney Curley gamble" today has cleaned up all over the country. Bookies estimating £2mill+ pay out on 4 horses that all had massive time off the track and all started between 6/1 & 8/1 this morning and ended between 9/4 & 4/7 at the off. Some gamble. 

Edit - Price of the 4 horse acca last night (when ITKs got on, presumably) was over 9000/1. By lunchtime today it paid 44/1. Starting price of the 4 horse acca was 14/1. 

Edited by ScouseFox

Read the sportinglife news piece on it. All the trainers pretty much say "the horse is useless and i got him cheap and i didnt have a penny on" lmfao

Not all what he does comes off though. He had a bet on hughes to beat hanagan in the jockey championship about 3 year ago. Hughes was just behind hanagan and curley sent a runner ("a good thing") to wolverhampton for hughes to ride. This was late in the season - October time. As they go off the horse under hughes cuts in front of the field from a wide draw. Deemed dangerous by the stewards it got hughes a ban! Pretty much ruined his title chance.

The "Barney Curley gamble" today has cleaned up all over the country. Bookies estimating £2mill+ pay out on 4 horses that all had massive time off the track and all started between 6/1 & 8/1 this morning and ended between 9/4 & 4/7 at the off. Some gamble. 

Edit - Price of the 4 horse acca last night (when ITKs got on, presumably) was over 9000/1. By lunchtime today it paid 44/1. Starting price of the 4 horse acca was 14/1.

As an addendum to this, in the last race at Kempton tonight the winner on his first race for a new trainer was backed in from 16/1 to 7/4. God I wish I had inside knowledge......

As an addendum to this, in the last race at Kempton tonight the winner on his first race for a new trainer was backed in from 16/1 to 7/4. God I wish I had inside knowledge......

Haha, oh to be in the know! 

Unless you had been told info on the 4 Curley horses you wouldn't have gone near them. Between the 4 they'd lost their last 47 races in a row, then all 4 won within 4 hours or so. Amazing from Curley to mastermind it all. 

Had a couple of bets today:

Man City to win Premiership - FA Cup - Capital One Cup - 9/1 - £5

Man City to win Premiership - FA Cup - Capital One Cup - Champions League - 66/1 - £5

66/1 on the quadruple is dire odds. I maintain they ain't getting past Barcelona.

My mate stuck £70 on a Man Utd/PSG double lol

66/1 on the quadruple is dire odds. I maintain they ain't getting past Barcelona.

My mate stuck £70 on a Man Utd/PSG double lol

I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line and say I have a gut feeling Sunderland will beat them in the League Cup Final.

I know it's probably ridiculous but gone all away wins this evening.

Ajax v FEYENOORD

Man Utd v SUNDERLAND

AC Milan v UDINESE

Levante v BARCELONA

£5 returns £2000+

Actually wasn't as far off as I thought it would be!

Knew it would be AC Milan to piss me off tonight.

Udinese at 7/1 was a crazy price as well! Close game though by the looks of it.

It'd pay for something like a weekend break in a city in Europe. You can do much better things with it other than bet with it.

Aye. But this could pay for an even better break and you've still got more than £250 spare after it.

I could never ever bet £250.

Aye. But this could pay for an even better break and you've still got more than £250 spare after it.

I could never ever bet £250.

I see a load of people in bookies I go in sticking a shit load of £50 & £20 notes on Horses/Greyhounds, I often feel like telling them to give it to me instead.