Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I havent been on here for ages! I hope all is well and people are winning. I had a near mega payout on Dutch Art today as I backed him Ante Post at big odds and the bugger finished 2nd. It would have made me some serious money but at least I had him eachway to show a tidy profit.

Has anyone lined up any bets for the footy season?? Ive just had a sneaky bet on betfair in the handicap betting for the Premiership. Dont ask me why because I have disliked Laurie Sanchex from the goal he scored for Wimbledon, to his win with Wycome over us in the cup and it has continued to him masterminding Northern Irelands win over us but he seem sto have beaten quite a few managers to decent signings this pre-season and they may be a decent bet with a 47 point start. They beat Sunderland for Sotons Baird, signed Konchesky ahead of Birmingham and have added another pair of Northern Ireland internationals in Hughes from Newcastle and Davis from Villa who looks like being a good player. He has also taken a gamble with Kamara but is mainly sticking to British players like MON did when we did OK. Fulham have been in for players like Cook at QPR which is a dcent side as he is gearing them up to be a side that will be hard to beat.

The price is 14/1 but the market is confusing as they have to outperform Derby and Wigan who are below them in points start and also hope that one of the other unfancied teams doesnt out perform them. Its complicated but go to Betfair to check out the odds!!

Ive lost a total of £50 on the poker tables after being about £200 down at one point. I blame the gold on the telly, this forum and the cricket on the fookin radio. To say Im not properly concentrating on what the other players are doing is an understatement lol. Oh, I also stopped to play FM 06/07 for about 30-45 mins lol

Back to the poker tables in a bit I reckon.

The new season is almost here and the bets are down with good old Hills.

£100 Acc on Charlton, Sheff Utd, Forest and Peterboro.

£20 Acc on the above 4 and Hibs and Rangers

£10 Acc on the above 6 and St Johnstone, Raith, Man Utd and Chelsea as they guarantee 22/1 for ten homes

I fancy us to win but have decided against backing them and putting extra pressure on my heart lol

£10 Acc on the above 6 and St Johnstone, Raith, Man Utd and Chelsea as they guarantee 22/1 for ten homes

I fancy us to win but have decided against backing them and putting extra pressure on my heart lol

I may have a dabble on city at 4/5 seems a good price.

Arsenal-Chelsea-Manchester Utd to win at the weekend

Treble pays even money, well worth a bob or two imo.

Yeah they all should get off to a winning start may have a tenner on it.

Leicester/Sheff Utd/Forest/Arsenal 9/2

Edited by Maybes

Need Six of Trumps in the last at Brighton for a yankee to come in

already got:

Darghan 9/2

Peter Island 13/2 ep

Wrighty Almighty 5/1

Already won about £200 but if this comes in will bump it up to around £1300 so fingers crossed!

whow. that would be a good day at the office. :thumbup:

Bloomin ell Geo,is that how much you put on,ona weekly basis???? :o

Bloomin ell Geo,is that how much you put on,ona weekly basis???? :o

In recent years I have changed my betting patterns from punting like a man possessed with horses, dogs, poker and all sorts simultaneously to being more patient and waiting for doing things that I understand a little, ie football and poker mainly lol

Once the season has settled and we know who is playing well and who isn't, say after 8 games, I`ll start betting £100-300 on just a single match. My stakes will increase if there is more winnings in the will hills account but if my first lot of bets go down on Saturday, i`ll bet less next week. BTW, if you see some dodgy looking Greek dude more interested in the latest scores, with betting slip to hand, that`ll be me lol