Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Too late as I'm now home with no bookies around and I'm still holding out from getting an online account lol

I dont want to push you into something youre not comfortable with, but if you use reputable sites (used to be one called beatthebookie) its possible for you to make a guaranteed income (one off obviously) of around £1000 by taking advantage of their free offers and by using betfair.

On a purely enjoyment level, they will be pretty generous with introductory offers towards you. They want your custom. (They want to get you addicted basically).

Totally up to you mate. At least using a bookmaker, you are using physical money. This makes a huge difference in my opinion. Online betting is numbers on a screen, which you dont FEEL have any relevance at the time.

I dont want to push you into something youre not comfortable with, but if you use reputable sites (used to be one called beatthebookie) its possible for you to make a guaranteed income (one off obviously) of around £1000 by taking advantage of their free offers and by using betfair.

On a purely enjoyment level, they will be pretty generous with introductory offers towards you. They want your custom. (They want to get you addicted basically).

Totally up to you mate. At least using a bookmaker, you are using physical money. This makes a huge difference in my opinion. Online betting is numbers on a screen, which you dont FEEL have any relevance at the time.

Great point, I've lost a lot of money online gambling as when you're in the moment it doesn't feel like real money.

Definitely wouldn't have lost as much as I have if i was handing money to a cashier in a bookies.

Totally agree.

I'd never even dream about putting £10 on the Superbowl national anthem being over 145 seconds if I was betting in a bookies, however online I didn't even give it a seconds thought. 

This is why I've avoided it. I may do it at some point but... I don't have money to throw away and my worry is I'd be just chucking it away as if it doesn't matter - I think I have a decent level of control over my betting (although to an extent I wonder if having too much control has sent me into being too ambitious with my bets) but you're so right when you make the point about physical money.

I'm tempted, but just not totally sure.

Stuck Forest, Real and Posh in a Sky Bet goal frenzy coupon earlier (teams to score 2+ goals). Only Forest letting me down but plenty of time  :fc:

just.... 94 min goal from the trees. £10 returns £77. First time of doing the goal frenzy coupon, might have to do it again.

If Porto win/draw, it means none of the teams in my accy actually lost their game, which is always hard to take.

irrelevant. it should be easy to take, you cant expect to win such a ridiculous bet

• Like 1

Need fill the power 3.00 @doncaster for a nice treble, knowing my luck it will come 2nd.

Edit: ran like a dog, it couldn't win going from the 5/2 early price which I took to 9/2, betting really is crap there is always going to be 1 that lets you down and It would be the 1 that I put in all my other bets aswell,

Edited by chrishlcfc

Had a £10 treble on 3 Coleman/Williams horses, first 2 won, Art Professor came 2nd by 4l, would have won around £350 and all!

Yeah I trixied their first 3 runners. Thought I was on for a free holiday until the 3rd came second by a length. Still a bit of profit. Got involved in Ihtimal in the UAE 1000 Guineas too, went off at 6/4 or so on Betfair, easily the best horse in the race and won cosily in the end. 

Prem Darts is back tonight too. Loads of betting  :banana: