Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

:crylaugh:

Well, my 'break' is going well.

As I said on Sunday I was going to have a few weeks, maybe a month off, I was getting disallusioned with my betting, putting more and more on with no very much success.

However what I did say I was going to do is keep doing to £5 a week to stay in the free bet club because I didn't want to end up betting £25 to stay in it, so last night I decided to place my weekly £5 bet, I did abit of a lamby bet, a (just over) 17/1, 7 fold, Forest, Lyon, Barca, Real Madrid, Benfica, Porto, Roma. They all won, £93.16 returned, thank you very much.

Not only that, 3 of the winning goals came in the last 5 minutes of different games.

Still going to keep a low profile on the betting front for a few weeks or so, but perhaps :fc: my luck is changing.

Had Wright, MVG and Lewis, tenner returned 72 quid. Where the odds very generous tonight or was it just me?

Well played :D

Premier League odds are always much higher than tournament odds due to the draw being an option, and the short format, but yes, some prices were way too appealing to turn down.

MvG has Taylor all day in this quick format with the way he scores and throws. Wright is in the form of his life and I was shocked to see him odds against, guess that's due to him being new to the comp.

I had a fiver 5 fold on all the games, Lewis, MvG, Barney, Wright and Thornton/Chizzy draw. Last leg in that one cost me about 250 quid. Glad it was the first game that let me down otherwise I would've been gutted at the end haha.

Love a Thursday night play on the darts, always value to be had and money to be made.

Yeah I trixied their first 3 runners. Thought I was on for a free holiday until the 3rd came second by a length. Still a bit of profit. Got involved in Ihtimal in the UAE 1000 Guineas too, went off at 6/4 or so on Betfair, easily the best horse in the race and won cosily in the end. 

Prem Darts is back tonight too. Loads of betting  :banana:

Always one. Fvcking love Coleman/Williams combo though, unstoppable atm.

5 on Barney, MvG and Lewis returned 50 which makes up for the sickener earlier!

Coleman and Williams have Call Carlo in the 2pm at Kemp which I've been told previously to look out for anyway. Don't shoot the messenger and I've not studied any form yet, but might be one to have a look at.

Couple I like today. Waiting for prices to see if I shall have a play or not as I think a couple may be very short priced.

Coleman and Williams have Call Carlo in the 2pm at Kemp which I've been told previously to look out for anyway. Don't shoot the messenger and I've not studied any form yet, but might be one to have a look at.

Couple I like today. Waiting for prices to see if I shall have a play or not as I think a couple may be very short priced.

Fourth act could go well in that one too. Might leave that race well alone.

Gonna leave most of Kempton alone based on that opener I think, unless anything stands out with form and a like for ridiculously bottomless ground at a decent price. 

Might have a look at Wolves and Dundalk later, nice bit of all weather evening action if I don't head out. 

50p acca (yeah this probably won't come off)

Villa v West Ham Draw

Norwich v Manchester City

Southampton v Stoke

Sunderland v Hull

Barnsley v Ipswich

Blackpool v Nottingham Forest

Brentford v Crawley

Colchester v Rotherham

Notts County v Coventry

Sheffield United v Shrewsbury

Stevenage v Wolves

Tranmere v Preston

Wimbledon v Rochdale

Mansfield v Southend

Scunthorpe v Chesterfield Draw

Returns £19,107.98

How do you get on at Dundalk?

I refuse to bet there anymore, I geniunley think I've only ever had 1 winner there.

Absolute minefield.

Haha yeh usually take more of a watching stance unless something obvious stands out. Haven't looked at tonight yet but they're usually competitive races, always a photo finish or two.

I'll quite often have a fun L31 or whatever with like 20p stakes if I'm working in the bookies, rarely returns more than the stake but keeps me entertained on a quiet Friday night right up until close :D

The worst thing about Dundalk is their ability to run on time. Always going off at least 5 minutes late for seemingly absolutely no reason.

Haha yeh usually take more of a watching stance unless something obvious stands out. Haven't looked at tonight yet but they're usually competitive races, always a photo finish or two.

I'll quite often have a fun L31 or whatever with like 20p stakes if I'm working in the bookies, rarely returns more than the stake but keeps me entertained on a quiet Friday night right up until close :D

The worst thing about Dundalk is their ability to run on time. Always going off at least 5 minutes late for seemingly absolutely no reason.

That's the Irish for ya :D

That's the Irish for ya :D

Haha, every bloody week!

Our shop closes at half 9, last race in Dundalk is usually 9.15 or 9.20 and we still end up having to kick punters out who want to watch it because it doesn't go off until we close. Bloody Irish.

You sir, are indeed a hero. That's twice I've followed your tips for horses and come up trumps twice. £9.00 winning me £22.00 ;) thaaaaaanks.

Sounds like you're lucky you don't follow the duds. Shame for you I didn't post up the 110/1 football accumulator

Enjoy the winnings anyway. Nice to see the bookies being beaten.

Anyone got any thoughts on tomorrow? Looks to be some good racing.

Sounds like you're lucky you don't follow the duds. Shame for you I didn't post up the 110/1 football accumulator

Enjoy the winnings anyway. Nice to see the bookies being beaten.

Anyone got any thoughts on tomorrow? Looks to be some good racing.

Will have a brief scan in the morning as always.