Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Europa League is a complete lottery half the time. I don't think I've seen a competition that people win so infrequently on.

Thought Valencia would win though. They're a better side than Lazio.

The randomness isnt reflected in the prices.

There are some good odds in the conference for the weekend, Cambridge at 1/2 at home to Dartford, Hereford 4/7 at home to Hyde who have struggled all season.

Stick them in a double youve got a nice 2.3/1

A couple more i have my eye on:

York are unbeaten in 7 in league 2, and are at home to Wycombe who are languishing, but need the points. 21/20 available on York.

Also, Cheltenham are evens at home to Torquay. I will investigate that one further but it seems extremely generous.

Edited by Donut

I'm giving up. I literally haven't won a footballing bet for months. I'm clearly a bad gambler.

:angry:

I feel your pain..

The last bet i won was early January, i can probably count about 6/7 times since then 1 team or horse has let me down on an accumulator/double/treble... I look at my previous betting slips and actually could cry! lol

Leicester -1

Wolves -1

QPR -1

£3.50 pays £32.00

Btts and win:

Wigan

York

Hereford

50p doubles/treble

QPR

Watford

Wolves

Rotherham

Chesterfield

Free £5

Free £5er on Vardy 1st goalscorer @9/2

Added to my bets with a £5 5 team prem acca, moneyback if 1 leg lets me down:

Man City

Sunderland

Everton

Chelsea

Southampton

returns £51

I don't know if anyone took advantage of the Betbright sign-up offer mentioned in the Cheltenham thread, but they seem to have Paul Gallagher as favourite to score our first goal tomorrow @ 14/5. Obviously not a clever bet to make but can't see any other mistakes to take advantage of unfortunately. Made my £30 back + £6 profit on that offer thanks to The Giant Bolster placing. Withdrew the £30, bet a fiver on Vardy fgs and a quid on Leicester to win 6-1 lol (Betbright don't do scorecasts)

10-fold Goal Frenzy. £5 of today's Cheltenham winnings on:

Everton

Swansea

Burnley

Leicester

Sheff Weds

Rotherham 

Tranmere

Wolves

Fleetwood

Rochdale

Returns £2112

STAN bet:

Southampton

Tranmere

Alfreton

Nuneaton

£2 returns £71

1 team, 1 league:

Stoke

Burnley

Rotherham

Southend

£3 returns £48.50

Europa League is a complete lottery half the time. I don't think I've seen a competition that people win so infrequently on.

Had valencia at 25s for the comp before the last round so happy with that

Thought Valencia would win though. They're a better side than Lazio.

I'm struggling to look past Juventus although they could well go out next round. They ought to go for it seeing as they've nearly got the league sewn up.

I don't know if anyone took advantage of the Betbright sign-up offer mentioned in the Cheltenham thread, but they seem to have Paul Gallagher as favourite to score our first goal tomorrow @ 14/5. Obviously not a clever bet to make but can't see any other mistakes to take advantage of unfortunately. Made my £30 back + £6 profit on that offer thanks to The Giant Bolster placing. Withdrew the £30, bet a fiver on Vardy fgs and a quid on Leicester to win 6-1 lol (Betbright don't do scorecasts)

I saw that  lol  wtf.

Signed up on that today and stuck £30 on Vardy fgs. Decent offer actually.

I'm giving up. I literally haven't won a footballing bet for months. I'm clearly a bad gambler.

:angry:

Agreed.

Obviously from a large chunk of my recent posts in this thread show this.

So maybe it's not just me and you but football going either way in general and fucking people over, don't get me wrong it's never 'easy' to pick football bets but recently results seem all over the place and not many people seem to have been successful in football betting really.

My luck on football bets is just pathetic though, for example the Atletico/Bayern double in the week, Atletico crusing, Bayern get a penalty in the last minute to win the game - You think the money in the bank surely? Fucking saved, on the line. You couldn't make it up.

Think i'm just going on horses for a while and leaving football well alone.

Now Cheltenham is over and I have my accounts topped up with wins over Cheltenham and I have 1 or 2 new accounts going well thanks to Cheltenham I feel i'll ease off betting a little more.

Having said that before you know it the Aintree Festival (Grand National Festival) will be upon us.

I don't know if anyone took advantage of the Betbright sign-up offer mentioned in the Cheltenham thread, but they seem to have Paul Gallagher as favourite to score our first goal tomorrow @ 14/5. Obviously not a clever bet to make but can't see any other mistakes to take advantage of unfortunately. Made my £30 back + £6 profit on that offer thanks to The Giant Bolster placing. Withdrew the £30, bet a fiver on Vardy fgs and a quid on Leicester to win 6-1 lol (Betbright don't do scorecasts)

Just looked at this offer, as far I can tell from the t&c's from the£30 risk free offer that it just says you get your stake refunded if you lose.

It don't say it'll be refunded in the form of a free bet.

Shed any light on this for me?

Be good to just withdraw the £30 if I lose.

Just looked at this offer, as far I can tell from the t&c's from the£30 risk free offer that it just says you get your stake refunded if you lose.

It don't say it'll be refunded in the form of a free bet.

Shed any light on this for me?

Be good to just withdraw the £30 if I lose.

Its refunded as money back to your balance if you lose and is withdrawable. The bet has to be a single though (an each way bet is also allowed).

Its refunded as money back to your balance if you lose and is withdrawable. The bet has to be a single though (an each way bet is also allowed).

Just spoke to their live chat and they said it doesn't have to be a single. Cheers for the heads up on the offer :thumbup:

I've had Leicester -1, Burnley, QPR and Wolves, £30 pays £192.

Edited by Nugent