Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

100th minute or whatever it was! :| Unlucky mate.

Im doing something unusual tonight and thats backing a team away from home and not within the football league lol. Ive put £330 to win £300 with Corals on Stevenage to beat Droylsden in the conference or whatever its called. Droyslden are shite with 2 darws and 4 losses whilst Stevenage are flying, 3rd I think with 4 wins and there last couple of games have seen the opponents get the MOM awards. It looks well over-priced but that may be because they are playing away from home but I`ll give it ago. I can always sell the PC if they lose or draw. :|

oh dear, never bet on Confernce football.

Good luck mate!

Thanks, it was worth the hair pulling.

Typical buggers made me panic as they had a man sent off on the stroke of HT and I thought that was it but the lads rallied to end up winning 3-0 but the shot

count was 18-6 is Droylsdens Favour. :|

Get in you beauty. Woooooooooooooooo!! :banana::bounce:

Thanks, it was worth the hair pulling.

Typical buggers made me panic as they had a man sent off on the stroke of HT and I thought that was it but the lads rallied to end up winning 3-0 but the shot

count was 18-6 is Droylsdens Favour. :|

Get in you beauty. Woooooooooooooooo!! :banana::bounce:

Get in There Geo....Spawny Git!!! :D:thumbup:

Get in There Geo....Spawny Git!!! :D:thumbup:

Clever selective football betting is the way forward lol. In the bad old days I used to bet on everything with little research and thats the type of punters that the bookies know feed money into there system. Not many have the patience to wait and increase the stakes but thats what I am doing these days even if it means not having a bet for a week or two.

Now watch my next 5 selections all go tats up you bok lol

:|

lol

Dont look like that mate because 99% of gamblers are reckless!! I am still not a fully reformed sensible gambler as I still sometimes have off days if at home and bored and would have the TV on playing the racing channels, the PC on with William Hill radio in full blast for greyhounds and would be betting like a madman but it doesn't happen that often, especially since I stopped having a regular income as a bloomin retail manager! This own business stuff and gambling is doing nothing for my health thats for sure! Its not a great feeling knowing that you have to find a certain amount a month to break even before actually making money! It may be dodgy on the heart at times but I cant be working for those retail knobs again!

Gambling is the way forward, you can bet your mortgage on that. :|

Clever selective football betting is the way forward lol. In the bad old days I used to bet on everything with little research and thats the type of punters that the bookies know feed money into there system. Not many have the patience to wait and increase the stakes but thats what I am doing these days even if it means not having a bet for a week or two.

Now watch my next 5 selections all go tats up you bok lol

Anything you fancy today, Guybrush?

Geo....you quoted

"I used to bet on everything with little research and thats the type of punters that the bookies know feed money into there system."

:|

I AM THAT MAN!!!

:angry:

Bloody William Hill!

lol mate most of us are or have been. I dont know if you remember but bookies never used to allow you to bet on singles in football, it was always 3 teams I think or more. Then they clicked that people would back singles and then took it a step further by allowing the greedy ones amongst us to even bet on the outcome of a game and put half-time odds as well as full time to get us to bet on 45 min games FFS! They then try and tempt us to follow there odds for accumulators at the top of there slips with promises of fantastic odds on 6 draws or 10 home wins when they fully know that one or two selections too many is usually enough to see a winning betting slip turn into a loser!! (How many time shave we been one team short of a big win??!).

Its basically like those betting terminals in the bookies where you can play roulette, dogs, bingo, greyhounds and the rest of the sports and games that can be thought of. Even penalty shoot-outs FFS! They know that the reckless gambler within us wont be able to say no as we search for the big win and they play on it. Its definitely best to pick and choose the right time to have a bet and dont always try for the 10 team accies but maybe save a few quid and wait to put a bigger bet on one result within that betting slip of about 60 games where you think is a banker!

lol mate most of us are or have been. I dont know if you remember but bookies never used to allow you to bet on singles in football, it was always 3 teams I think or more. Then they clicked that people would back singles and then took it a step further by allowing the greedy ones amongst us to even bet on the outcome of a game and put half-time odds as well as full time to get us to bet on 45 min games FFS! They then try and tempt us to follow there odds for accumulators at the top of there slips with promises of fantastic odds on 6 draws or 10 home wins when they fully know that one or two selections too many is usually enough to see a winning betting slip turn into a loser!! (How many time shave we been one team short of a big win??!).

Its basically like those betting terminals in the bookies where you can play roulette, dogs, bingo, greyhounds and the rest of the sports and games that can be thought of. Even penalty shoot-outs FFS! They know that the reckless gambler within us wont be able to say no as we search for the big win and they play on it. Its definitely best to pick and choose the right time to have a bet and dont always try for the 10 team accies but maybe save a few quid and wait to put a bigger bet on one result within that betting slip of about 60 games where you think is a banker!

I remember doing that last season, not your extent of hundreds but £30-50 bets on bankers, it works the majority of the time but when it doesn't come off it really winds me up, when a team that should win messes up. What's almost as bad is a team leaving it till the last minute before winning, a prime example is Man U v Spurs last season when I put £40 on man utd to win £20, Ronaldo scored last minute for Man Utd to win it and everyone in the Leicester concourse were going oh god, not him and theres me going absolutely mad lol It felt like winning £60 as I thoguht the £40 was as good as gone.

I remember doing that last season, not your extent of hundreds but £30-50 bets on bankers, it works the majority of the time but when it doesn't come off it really winds me up, when a team that should win messes up. What's almost as bad is a team leaving it till the last minute before winning, a prime example is Man U v Spurs last season when I put £40 on man utd to win £20, Ronaldo scored last minute for Man Utd to win it and everyone in the Leicester concourse were going oh god, not him and theres me going absolutely mad lol It felt like winning £60 as I thoguht the £40 was as good as gone.

lol

You always get let downs but football is sometimes like the horses! You do get form sides who go on a bit of a run and its worth looking out for. Blackpool seem to be doing OK at the moment as are Morecombe. Colchester were good at home last season too. I prefer to steer clear of the Premiership though and away teams. I must admit I`ll break away from the norm if I cant see a good bet with a home side but its probably best to go into the lower leagues that are a bit more predictable than the Premiership.

BTW, yeah its horrible when you lose alright and my bets arent always as big as yesterdays. I am just braver because I am on a winning run so far this season but if the next one goes down i`ll bet less.

BTW Ive backed one horse today for £40 at 2s. To The Dance, 210 at Lingfield. A mate said it was fancied yesterday and it must have potential to start as favourite in a race where its running for the first time. Its a rubbish class 6 race so wouldn't have to be a world beater to beat these but I`d tread cautiously as we don't know how it will respond to actually running on a course for the first time.

lol

You always get let downs but football is sometimes like the horses! You do get form sides who go on a bit of a run and its worth looking out for. Blackpool seem to be doing OK at the moment as are Morecombe. Colchester were good at home last season too. I prefer to steer clear of the Premiership though and away teams. I must admit I`ll break away from the norm if I cant see a good bet with a home side but its probably best to go into the lower leagues that are a bit more predictable than the Premiership.

BTW, yeah its horrible when you lose alright and my bets arent always as big as yesterdays. I am just braver because I am on a winning run so far this season but if the next one goes down i`ll bet less.

BTW Ive backed one horse today for £40 at 2s. To The Dance, 210 at Lingfield. A mate said it was fancied yesterday and it must have potential to start as favourite in a race where its running for the first time. Its a rubbish class 6 race so wouldn't have to be a world beater to beat these but I`d tread cautiously as we don't know how it will respond to actually running on a course for the first time.

I've thrown a Twenty Spot at that.

Was 3/1 and now into 2s. the money is on. Start spending it like me and TPH.

That'll be my £3.40.

I threw caution to the wind and the bookies have recoiled. Shockwaves have gone across the industry.

Odds have shortened.

I've heard some bookies have actually stopped taking money on it.

Edited by The People's Hero

That'll be my £3.40.

I threw caution to the wind and the bookies have recoiled. Shockwaves have gone across the industry.

Odds have shortened.

I've heard some bookies have actually stopped taking money on it.

It finished last. :cry:

Sorry Lads. :rolleyes: