Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

If it was a race through water, I'd back Ecco too and then repeatedly jab the 'b' button. Surefire winner.

Well Done Dettori. Led from start to finish and battered them. Quality ride and I have got my money back on a horse who just beat the course record by two seconds! Lovely stuff. Cheers for that Ric. Who needs dodgy restaurant owning mates with there tips. I now refuse to eat at his place BTW lol

Thats it for me today as I won a little on the poker tables too and its time to go out and enjoy the sun before is disappears.

Well Done Dettori. Led from start to finish and battered them. Quality ride and I have got my money back on a horse who just beat the course record by two seconds! Lovely stuff. Cheers for that Ric. Who needs dodgy restaurant owning mates with there tips. I now refuse to eat at his place BTW lol

Thats it for me today as I won a little on the poker tables too and its time to go out and enjoy the sun before is disappears.

;)

That's me back in profit, now if the next one comes in, in a few mins then i'm off to get lashed.

;)

That's me back in profit, now if the next one comes in, in a few mins then i'm off to get lashed.

Im not too sure of your silence means you did what i did and spent the afternoon sitting in the beer garden of a pub, spending your winnings or if you were too upset to post after the last one lost?! I hope it was the former!

I`m keeping away from the horses but will probably try and find a few international games at the weekend that will give me combined odds of about 3/1 and put £100 on it. I`ll try to keep to home teams or the very least make sure I check the tables to make sure that the big team actually needs the win desperately before I place a bet. I may try and be even cleverer :S and check team news for injuries and suspensions.

Im not too sure of your silence means you did what i did and spent the afternoon sitting in the beer garden of a pub, spending your winnings or if you were too upset to post after the last one lost?! I hope it was the former!

I`m keeping away from the horses but will probably try and find a few international games at the weekend that will give me combined odds of about 3/1 and put £100 on it. I`ll try to keep to home teams or the very least make sure I check the tables to make sure that the big team actually needs the win desperately before I place a bet. I may try and be even cleverer :S and check team news for injuries and suspensions.

England and Scotland have to be in there :unsure:

England and Scotland have to be in there :unsure:

I hate backing Leicester and likewise, I don't like backing the home nations because it is bad enough to lose the game for the team you are following but if you lose money as well, its time to jump in front of a bus and end it all lol

I made my bet a short while ago as I forgot I have a wedding to go to on Saturday as the plan was to wait a bit and see the line-ups. Anyway, Ive gone for...

Turkey to win away in Malta (1/6)

Croatia to beat Estonia (1/10)

Holland to beat Bulgaria (1/3) Silly bet but the Dutch must win against a good Bulgarian side.

Spain to beat Iceland (1/4)

Norway to beat Moldova (4/9)

I have changed my thoughts on the initial bet and my £100 outlay will only bring odds of just over 2/1. The £100 will bring back £308.95 lol

Good luck to all over the weekend. :thumbup:

Only thing I'm on is Norway to beat Moldova. That's a dead cert, surely?

Thats the one I couldn't work out why the price was so good. Moldova have 2 draws and 5 losses in their 7 games and one of the draws was at home to Malta, the other a decent point at home to Bosnia. Recently, there results have improved as they havent been hammered. They lost 2-1 in Greece and 1-0 in Bosnia and they are both sides who are near the top of the table. Norway on the other hand drew 2-2 in Turkey and then won 4-0 against both Malta and Hungary. Its all pointing to an easy 2-0 win. :rolleyes:

Edited by apexgeo

I hate backing Leicester and likewise, I don't like backing the home nations because it is bad enough to lose the game for the team you are following but if you lose money as well, its time to jump in front of a bus and end it all lol

I made my bet a short while ago as I forgot I have a wedding to go to on Saturday as the plan was to wait a bit and see the line-ups. Anyway, Ive gone for...

Turkey to win away in Malta (1/6)

Croatia to beat Estonia (1/10)

Holland to beat Bulgaria (1/3) Silly bet but the Dutch must win against a good Bulgarian side.

Spain to beat Iceland (1/4)

Norway to beat Moldova (4/9)

I have changed my thoughts on the initial bet and my £100 outlay will only bring odds of just over 2/1. The £100 will bring back £308.95 lol

Good luck to all over the weekend. :thumbup:

You get 2.42/1 on betfred mate. Should search around for the best odds on sites. Could earn you a few bob more.

You get 2.42/1 on betfred mate. Should search around for the best odds on sites. Could earn you a few bob more.

lol I'm the one always going on about odds checker! To be honest I always shop around for best odds on single big bets and have ended up opening so many accounts to get the value that I have forgotten passwords and if any cash is in some of them lol but I don`t have the patience to put accumulator bets in each site to see what the returns should be. I should though!

Good grief, Norway made hard work of that. Made a tidy little profit with that, didn't stick a ton on though! :D

Nice one. :thumbup:

I have had a look through the list at http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buildcoupo...hoice=FB1725560 and although there are some enticing so called guaranteed bets, I always come unstuck with International football and one lets me down. With that said, the gambler in me cant help but to have a go lol but I`ll drop the stake to a £30 win accumulator to win £107.45 back.

Ive gone for all home teams with Turkey, Lithuania, Bosnia, France and Portugal. There are some dodgy ones in there as I especially want Scotland to get at least a draw at France as well as Bosnia and Portugal being far from consistent! It would be wrong to be selfish and have money in my pocket when I can hand it over to the under privileged people at William Hill. Every little helps. :|