Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Sort it out Atletico

There you go!

Not been a bad day tbh, had a few winners a Lingfield - Despite saying I was leaving the flat alone, I can't help myself, but I had to make the most of the first Good Friday racecard! lol

And hopefully Atletico go on and win as I had;

Burnley (Hoping i'd jinx them, so would have been more than happy to lose this bet! lol)

Metz

Atletico Madrid

Tomorrow:

FC Dordrecht

Willem II

Kidderminster

Metz

Ath Madrid

Aberdeen

Scunny

Sheff Utd

Swindon

Burnley

Derby

305/1, you can always hope

Only Scunny and Aberdeen let this down, so kinda close

Todays one is as follows:

Rangers

Dundee

Estoril

Sporting

Juve

Lazio

Luton

Burton

M'boro

Spurs

113/1

I'm on 11+ corners, 3+ cards and a Leicester win. QPR being nice and dirty could play into my hands here.

leicester won, loads of cards and exactly 11 corners. needed one more bastard corner. close. 

Villa v Southampton and Cardiff v Stoke both draw, $5 wins me $47.05 :)

I've been on a roll in the NHL playoffs, choosing one 2- or 3-bet parlay every night and I've hit on the first three games. Today I've just got Pittsburgh to win + total goals over 5.5, $5 wins $10.87.

Edit: probably jinxed myself now...

Edited by Jordan

Guest Col city fan

I'm giving up gambling.

It's official...

Had a draw re Chelsea v Sunderland and the Black Cats go and fookin sneak it!!

Sunderland winning away at Chelski!

:angry:

liverpool have been matched all the way up to 50/1 to win the pl, suarez matched at 50/1 also to be top goalscorer. 

liverpool win/suarez golden boot matched at 100/1. 

gonna be some very happy biased backers round here in a few weeks time! 

if anyone out there would be so kind as to sign this that'd be lovely. back your local bookie so the government don't put in so many measures we end up having to close loads of our shops down. think of all the fun you have in your bookies and all the jobs (my job!!) they supply. if you don't want to then fair play, i get people out there are against gambling and it can be dangerous to some people but there's loads on here who like a cheeky fiver of a weekend and it does no harm to them, for some it adds to the enjoyment of the sport. 

http://backyourlocalbookie.co.uk/campaign/petition/

if anyone out there would be so kind as to sign this that'd be lovely. back your local bookie so the government don't put in so many measures we end up having to close loads of our shops down. think of all the fun you have in your bookies and all the jobs (my job!!) they supply. if you don't want to then fair play, i get people out there are against gambling and it can be dangerous to some people but there's loads on here who like a cheeky fiver of a weekend and it does no harm to them, for some it adds to the enjoyment of the sport.

http://backyourlocalbookie.co.uk/campaign/petition/

Is this not just because the government have increased the tax on FOBT, I counted 7 shops on church gate in town the other day, and funnily enough the only closed bookies i seen was an independent one,

No offence mate and I hope you don't lose your job but it seems that every time a shop closes down a bookies moves in.

There are far too many betting shops now.

Is this not just because the government have increased the tax on FOBT, I counted 7 shops on church gate in town the other day, and funnily enough the only closed bookies i seen was an independent one,

No offence mate and I hope you don't lose your job but it seems that every time a shop closes down a bookies moves in.

Like I said in a diff thread I'm not sure on the exact reasons because I haven't spoken with work about it but I'd imagine it's the machines yeah.

There are measures being put into place to protect players of machines, there are manditory and volontary limits for both time and money that players can use, staff have options like having a word with someone who appears distressed, there's gamcare, self-exclusion from the shop and all sorts. But at the end of the day if someone wants to put 500 quid of twenties into a machine in 2 minutes then none of that is going to stop them.

I know where you're coming from, there's loads of shops in town centres across the country. I think they should stop opening up new ones as opposed to shutting down current shops. I work in a bookies in a village type area, not city centre, and it's full of local old fellas who rarely venture out other than to go the pub-bookies-pub-bookies etc. and it's part of the community. Be a shame for places like that to close down imo.

Agreed in my small local town theres loads of bookies, probably about 8 or 9 that I can count of the top of my head. 3 of those are the same firm (Betfred), you've got a Ladbrokes literally next door to a Coral which are both literally opposite a Will Hill lol

Then you have loads dotted around the town.

I have signed the petition because I have one real local to me that it very convenient and wouldn't like to see it go, but I have to agree with murf it's quite pathetic the amount of bookies in my local town and certainly their positionings.

Won a treble last night, I had PSG, Sporting and Roma

Edited by Matt