Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Well done!

I've gotta start trusting my own judgement and confidence! It's not the first time i've been put of a horse by some write up only for the horse to go on and win.

aye, we all do it from time to time. like you say it's probably even more frustrating than backing a loser!

not sure where to look on tonight's football, think juve should win but not much of a price for a single and the other game looks even tougher. 

A couple of bets for today's Punchestown races...

The Romford Pele 12/1

Gassin Golf 9/1

Fort George 12/1

50p ew Patent

Utopie Des Bordes 11/4

Hurricane Fly EVS

Arctic Fire 4/6

£2 Trixie

War Command £5 ew @ 9/1 in the 2000 guineas tomorrow

another crazy price boost that i wasn't going to miss at punches today, vautour, opened around 1/2, went off @ 1/3, enhanced on totepool to even money. won nicely. 

usually ignore a price boost because they boost a vulnerable fav from 7/4 to 2/1 or something but those two were ridiculous. 

boro, hartlepool & southampton tomorrow. all odds against. 2/1 for southampton looks big. 

Right ive got a fiver on us to get 100 points returns £335. Kinda wanna cover myself with £20 on Donny @ 4/1. Im sure ive seen sites that double your first bet, but the ones ive looked at only match your first bet with another after your first is complete. 

Basiscly does anyone know a site that will double your first bet straight away?

Or do I just risk it!?

Right ive got a fiver on us to get 100 points returns £335. Kinda wanna cover myself with £20 on Donny @ 4/1. Im sure ive seen sites that double your first bet, but the ones ive looked at only match your first bet with another after your first is complete.

Basiscly does anyone know a site that will double your first bet straight away?

Or do I just risk it!?

Cover yourself every which way. Guarantee yourself a profit. Enjoy the game.

http://www.oddschecker.com/free-bets

that's a page full of free bets/offers for new accounts. take your pick. easiest is probably paddy power though. throw a tenner on doncaster @ 9/2, get a free 20 quid and chuck that on them @ 9/2 as well. your 10 returns 55 and your free 20 returns 90 as you don't get your free stake back. 

so all in all you've used £15 out your pocket, if city get a draw or win which is very likely, you scoop £335, if we're still drunk and throw a brighton in there and doncaster take 3 points then you end up with £145, still a nice return from £15 outlay. 

Left it in? Ive never bet online only ever down the shop...?

On Betfair you can pretty much select the odds you want to back, whether or not someone 'lays' the odds you want is another thing.

If you wanted to back Doncaster @ 5/1 you put the odds in and how much you want to back, then someone (who acts as the bookie) decides whether or not to take on the liability of the bet.

You could make your self a small guaranteed profit if you managed to back Doncaster at 5/1 then laid off at 24/5 - again, it depends if there are people on there that would take the bets from you.

http://www.oddschecker.com/free-bets

that's a page full of free bets/offers for new accounts. take your pick. easiest is probably paddy power though. throw a tenner on doncaster @ 9/2, get a free 20 quid and chuck that on them @ 9/2 as well. your 10 returns 55 and your free 20 returns 90 as you don't get your free stake back. 

so all in all you've used £15 out your pocket, if city get a draw or win which is very likely, you scoop £335, if we're still drunk and throw a brighton in there and doncaster take 3 points then you end up with £145, still a nice return from £15 outlay. 

Thank you

On Betfair you can pretty much select the odds you want to back, whether or not someone 'lays' the odds you want is another thing.

If you wanted to back Doncaster @ 5/1 you put the odds in and how much you want to back, then someone (who acts as the bookie) decides whether or not to take on the liability of the bet.

You could make your self a small guaranteed profit if you managed to back Doncaster at 5/1 then laid off at 24/5 - again, it depends if there are people on there that would take the bets from you.

Thank you

Going for the Paddy Power option. The milky bars are on me!

Edited by oohaahmustafa

you can obviously put more than the £10 and free £20 on doncaster if you wanted to make even more guaranteed profit, depends on how confident you are in us winning/how much profit you're happy with. good luck with the original bet anyway, cracking shout. 

you can obviously put more than the £10 and free £20 on doncaster if you wanted to make even more guaranteed profit, depends on how confident you are in us winning/how much profit you're happy with. good luck with the original bet anyway, cracking shout. 

A tenner will do. We're gona win.

A tenner will do. We're gona win.

yeh i'd like to think so! just a tenner to cover your back makes sense then, always good when you're in a situation where £100+ profit is worst case scenario anyway :D

STAN

Stoke

Twente

Ajax

Newcastle

£5 returns £36

Utd

Bolton

Watford

Wolves

Brentford

Chesterfield