Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Monaco

Man City

Sunderland

PSG

£5 returns £26

This plus Real Madrid, £5 (Free bet) pays £31. Would be a nice end to my SkyBet account, until they come up with a decent offer, hopefully the Free Bet Club again when the season starts again.

Guest Col city fan

Had a 6-fold:

Man City tonight :thumbup:

Liverpool

Man City

Preston

York

Arsenal FA cup

£5 on.. returns £67

Going back to the Sky Bet free fiver offer ending, is this just for the summer?

If it is over for good i think it's pretty disgusting what Sky are doing here.. Yes we know what we get ourselves into when betting but it's basically them just saying "get bankrupt for a free tenner! we don't care" are there any laws with betting sites or is it just basically we truly don't give a shit?

Also why couldn't they have just upped the odds? say 10/1 or 15/1? instead of 50 quid a week? i think i'd have kept my account open then.. But i guess the comeback for that is when/if you do get a win you will profit more and they won't like that which kinda answers my own question from the start lol

Edited by Chrisuki

Going back to the Sky Bet free fiver offer ending, is this just for the summer?

If it is over for good i think it's pretty disgusting what Sky are doing here.. Yes we know what we get ourselves into when betting but it's basically them just saying "get bankrupt for a free tenner! we don't care" are there any laws with betting sites or is it just basically we truly don't give a shit?

Also why couldn't they have just upped the odds? say 10/1 or 15/1? instead of 50 quid a week? i think i'd have kept my account open then.. But i guess the comeback for that is when/if you do get a win you will profit more and they won't like that which kinda answers my own question from the start lol

They've changed the odds to evens (that sounds weird lol) to make it look like a good deal.

Gut feeling is that I don't think it'll return back to the form we like next season.

Just closed my SkyBet account after that change to the free bet club, plenty more bookies out there. The account was about £1100 in profit so a good time to get out.

A couple of small bets for tonight. Think QPR might nick it (unfortunately!)

HT/FT, Wigan/QPR £3 @ 33/1

Scorecast : Waggy fgs, QPR 2-1. £2 145/1

I have just gone on the chat with SkyBet to ask if the Free Bet Club will return, I got the response that it should do but nothing is set in stone yet.

I also told them how disgusted I was with the new 'offer' and that I thought it had a big potential it could mislead and get people into trouble (Yes, yes people have choice, if they were to use the offer it was their fault, e.t.c, but I do honestly believe it could mislead and get people into trouble regardless) and I would be taking all money in my account until a better offer was available, also said I knew many others who are doing the same.

They told me the feedback would be passed on and they have had received alot of similar feedback and it will be discussed in their next monthly meeting.

Probably a load a bullshit, just telling me what I want to hear! lol

They've changed the odds to evens (that sounds weird lol) to make it look like a good deal.

Gut feeling is that I don't think it'll return back to the form we like next season.

Sad thing is some people out there will think it is a good deal lol

I have just gone on the chat with SkyBet to ask if the Free Bet Club will return, I got the response that it should do but nothing is set in stone yet.

I also told them how disgusted I was with the new 'offer' and that I thought it had a big potential it could mislead and get people into trouble (Yes, yes people have choice, if they were to use the offer it was their fault, e.t.c, but I do honestly believe it could mislead and get people into trouble regardless) and I would be taking all money in my account until a better offer was available, also said I knew many others who are doing the same.

They told me the feedback would be passed on and they have had received alot of similar feedback and it will be discussed in their next monthly meeting.

Probably a load a bullshit, just telling me what I want to hear! lol

Nice one Matt! POWER TO THE BETTING PEOPLE! haha

Edited by Chrisuki

Re-invested some of my winnings on various horses today, also had a go on the Totescoop6, £7.5 million jackpot, you just need £2 to enter.

Stuck a tenner on Ukraine to finish in the top 4 of the Eurovision song contest. The song is awful but hopefully going to get the sympathy vote. 2/1

Sad thing is some people out there will think it is a good deal lol

Nice one Matt! POWER TO THE BETTING PEOPLE! haha

Exactly, it's like anything, fees/offers anything if the customers don't use the service and 'rebel' against the company e.t.c the company will soon bring the offer back or atleast offer something else to try and win these customers back.

Like you say though people will still use them and people will use this deal and consider it a good deal.

Just won £2000 off a £2 stake on Frankie Dettori's Magic 7's slot game. Unbelievable stuff. £1800 withdrawn, £200 for today's bets. I'm sat here hungover not quite believing this has happened.

Wow, well done, I don't understand these type of games and don't trust them! lol

I would think/hope there is some law meaning they can't be fixed but I just have the opinion they could so easily be fixed and don't touch them, obviously weren't fixed in your case! lol

Re-invested some of my winnings on various horses today, also had a go on the Totescoop6, £7.5 million jackpot, you just need £2 to enter.

Stuck a tenner on Ukraine to finish in the top 4 of the Eurovision song contest. The song is awful but hopefully going to get the sympathy vote. 2/1

Only just started playing the Scoop6 in the last few months, not even got close yet, I have been very close with placepots but no cigar yet. If the Scoop6 rolls over again i'm gonna get my mates involved and do a syndicate - Pick more horse - More chances, although hopefully I win it this week! lol

Well I picked Kris Spin in the 1st leg who finished 2nd. I'm sure I read something about a placepot in the Scoop6 is this a seperate slip/pot, if so i've never seen the slips, I need to look into this.

Edited by Matt

Only just started playing the Scoop6 in the last few months, not even got close yet, I have been very close with placepots but no cigar yet. If the Scoop6 rolls over again i'm gonna get my mates involved and do a syndicate - Pick more horse - More chances, although hopefully I win it this week! lol

Well I picked Kris Spin in the 1st leg who finished 2nd. I'm sure I read something about a placepot in the Scoop6 is this a seperate slip/pot, if so i've never seen the slips, I need to look into this.

There's a place fund in the Scoop6, unfortunately my first leg lost but I picked the winner of the 2nd leg. Should have had a bet on it as it won @ 12/1