Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

What list? How does it work?

Well it's gone now hasn't it lol

Paddy Power had long list of clichés commentators come out with, along with some specifically relevant to the final. The odds looked great, but it turns out the bet was first one to be said by a bbc commentator during the game.

Rory McIlroys old man is £100k better off after his £200 @ 500/1 bet he placed 10 years ago on Rory winning the open by the age of 25 came in.

Love to know the really story here. Cuz it was reported as his dad and 3 mates putting 100 quid in each at 500/1

Love to know the really story here. Cuz it was reported as his dad and 3 mates putting 100 quid in each at 500/1

Ladbrokes have paid out 100k on that bet but seems that your right and he will only get 50k of it. There was another 80k in winnings from some other of his mates bets.

The new Skybet Freebet club thing don't look exactly mouth watering.

£50 per week at odds of evens or above for a free £10 bet, £75 in a week to re-enter the club if you miss a week.

Guess they don't want the casual punter who has a fiver bet at the weekend to be part of this. I don't use SkyBet anymore, closed the account last year, There are better bookies out there. I suppose if you do bet £50+ a week then its something in return I guess.

Wasn't the skybet email suggesting that they are making changes to the free bet club in time for the footy season?

Maybe I read it wrong.

I read it as the current format of betting £50 a week to get a £10 bet will stay the same but there will be a few more bonus features that they will announce soon.

I've deleted the email now so could of read it wrong also.

I read it as the current format of betting £50 a week to get a £10 bet will stay the same but there will be a few more bonus features that they will announce soon.

I've deleted the email now so could of read it wrong also.

That's the same 'system' they replaced the free bet club with though, so I think Maybes could be right in saying changes will be made soon ahead of the season.

Put it this way I won't be putting any money in my SkyBet account while they run this 'offer' - I find it disgusting, could easily lead people into so much shit, yes it'd be their choice, but I just find it's very bad taste, some lad at work nearly fell into the 'offer'.

If they offer a 'cheaper', less risk, offer for casuals then fair enough run this current offer along side if they really have to but even then I think it's wrong, what kind of casual punter would use that kind of offer?

I think the Sky Bet Club offer last year fucked them up abit, I reckon they lost alot of money with it and are trying to claw it back.

Edited by Matt

That's the same 'system' they replaced the free bet club with though, so I think Maybes could be right in saying changes will be made soon ahead of the season.

Put it this way I won't be putting any money in my SkyBet account while they run this 'offer' - I find it disgusting, could easily lead people into so much shit, yes it'd be their choice, but I just find it's very bad taste, some lad at work nearly fell into the 'offer'.

If they offer a 'cheaper', less risk, offer for casuals then fair enough run this current offer along side if they really have to but even then I think it's wrong, what kind of casual punter would use that kind of offer?

I think the Sky Bet Club offer last year fucked them up abit, I reckon they lost alot of money with it and are trying to claw it back.

Its not really a 'free' bet anyway. You have to spend money in order to qualify, if your qualifying bets win then yes its a free bet but otherwise its going to cost. Thats where the original Free Bet Club was good, £5 accy for a free £5 bet, reduces the risk to the punter a bit, but I guess thats why Sky changed it. I usually decline any bookie freebies, more strings attached than an episode of Thunderbirds

Carlton Town v Notts County

Ilkeston v Leicester City

Carlisle v Sunderland

Dartford v Gillingham

£23.75 returns £99.75

Cashed out at £37

Carlisle v Sunderland sounds like it could go either way and Carlisle have had the best so far. Fairplay if Sunderland do go on and win but sounds safer to take a decent £14 profit.