Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

If there were a coupon where you had to pick losing favourites i'd be a rich man.

Sorry, I did warn people. Let's just hope the other 3 go on and stop me from the moaning.

Actually just checked my 4.00 and Chalk It Down won! :o

A.P :worship:

So let's hope to other 2 go on a win

...Oh, I see a pig flying.

Edited by Matt

This thread twisted my arm to get involved in the lucky 15 fun.

Dinkum diamond, 3.05 @ 7/2

Henrytheaeroplane, 2.00 @ 2/1

Lily the lioness, 2.15 @ 7/2

Wonder struck, 3.50 @ 2/1

wow that was bad. 

had two or three winning singles @ 2/1, 4/1 & 10/3 so in profit, should've had them in my l15 and i'd be a rich man! 

wow that was bad. 

had two or three winning singles @ 2/1, 4/1 & 10/3 so in profit, should've had them in my l15 and i'd be a rich man! 

Always the case.

When in multiples they lose, when in singles they win - That tells you something bet singles, but unless you've got big money to play with backing singles wins fuck all really, saying that small profit is better than no profit.

Well it's not always a rule of thumb but singles are far more successful than multiples.

My problem is i'm too greedy and the multiples always drag me in.

Edited by Matt

yeah exactly, a 20p/50p l15 is only a few quid or so, if you stick 2 or 3 quid on three singles even if they all win, like mine did, i've still only made like 20 quid. nice to win but in a treble, let's say, we're talking 100s. 

don't really gamble to win money though, just for enjoyment really. that's why it's mainly quids/fivers not 50 quid a pop unless i've had a few good wins in the week. 

I put the same bet on as Matt earlier and Thatchereen has just won. 

Also put similar bet on to Separator's yesterday, changed one horse and put a treble on instead of lucky 15. Could have won so much more!

Yeah 2 winners! That's good for me!! lol

Just hope Provincial Pride does the business and it shouldn't be a bad payout I don't think :fc:

I've not worked out what it will payout.

Well, my losing streak ended today. I backed Stabæk as a home underdog (+275) and they duly took care of business. I've also got a small bet on over 8.5 runs in the Yankees vs Red Sox game, and it's already 5-3 Sox in the top of the 3rd inning.

Edited by Jordan

bad i know but backing us to go down on betfair soonish (assuming we make no new, big signings) and trading out for profit when we (probably, but hopefully not!) lose 4 or 5 of our first 6 games and are rock bottom come october time. 

can get 3.5 on us going down atm, would imagine that'll drop by nearly a point if we're pointless after 5 games. and if we're not i'll be pleasantly surprised anyway so win/win. could be an easy bit of profit for those thinking we've got an impossibly hard start. 

at the other end backing united could go much the opposite way, their start is one of the easiest imaginable. new manager boost, few decent new signings, looking good in pre season (MEANS NOTHING, i know). but you can get 6s on them winning the league right now, their opening 6 or 7 are very, very easy. in that time, city play liverpool, chelsea and arsenal, arsenal and chelsea both go to everton, liverpool go to spurs and there's a merseyside and north london derby. all the top sides will be dropping points to each other, leaving united kushty at the top having played swansea, sunderland, burnley, qpr, leicester & west ham and picked up 18 points. then trade out and enjoy the season. 

Well, that didn't exactly work out as I had hoped...

...gonna try to win it back on the Tigers giving 1.5 runs at the Yankees tonight. I hate to do this, but I think Scherzer will do the job on the mound for Detroit.

Does anyone know the deal with a handicap antepost? Went for:

Newcastle +34 (16/1)

Norwich +3 (18/1)

Preston +4 (18/1)

Southend +10 (18/1)

Aberdeen +25 (8/1)

1049427/1

Whatever needs to happen now?

I hope it's not for them to win the league lol If that was the case then surely the odds would be longer.

Newcastle +34 (16/1)

Norwich +3 (18/1)

Preston +4 (18/1)

Southend +10 (18/1)

Aberdeen +25 (8/1)

1049427/1

I hope it's not for them to win the league lol If that was the case then surely the odds would be longer.

You never learn do you lamby.

Newcastle +34 (16/1)

Norwich +3 (18/1)

Preston +4 (18/1)

Southend +10 (18/1)

Aberdeen +25 (8/1)

1049427/1

Whatever needs to happen now? Don't worry about this bet coming in. That's what.

Can't actually believe you've bet on something that you don't know anything about.

Newcastle +34 (16/1)

Norwich +3 (18/1)

Preston +4 (18/1)

Southend +10 (18/1)

Aberdeen +25 (8/1)

1049427/1

Very simple, Newcastle have to finish within 33 points of the league winners, Norwich within 2 points etc.

Very simple, Newcastle have to finish within 33 points of the league winners, Norwich within 2 points etc.

You have to take into account what the other teams handicaps are too don't you.?

It's not just about Newcastle finishing above the league winners with the+ 33

Eg.

League winners end up on 97 points.

Newcastle 65 points + the 33 = 98.

But Leicester had + 50 and finished on 49 points so ended up with 99 winning that hadicap bet not Newcastle.