Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

How does handicap betting over a season work?

We're +45.

Does that mean we get 45 points on the league winners?

like peterboro fox says every team gets a handicap. ours is +45. so you +45 to whatever we end up with. say it's 40pts then our handicap result would see up on 85 points. 

you then need to see everyone else's handicaps and add them onto their final points total and then a new "handicap" table will be created, and whoever is top wins. 

it's not as simple as just finishing within 45 points of the top, because you then have to take into account other team's handicaps. eg. everton are handicapped at around +25 when i last checked (different bookies offer different handicaps, mind) so we'd have to finish within 20 points of everton to beat them. 

think that's a bad attempt at an explanation lol but what you want is a team who've got a decent-ish handicap and you think will finish in a good position. liverpool, everton and southampton were up their on last year's because they outperformed their pre season expectations. i'd imagine we'd have to get around 50 points to win the handicap league with a +45. could be a good shout tbf depends on your point of view. 

get on one with a cash out too in case we pick up a few early points and look way ahead of our handicap come january or so but peter out having been safe since mid march, let's say (fingers fúcking crossed!)

like peterboro fox says every team gets a handicap. ours is +45. so you +45 to whatever we end up with. say it's 40pts then our handicap result would see up on 85 points. 

you then need to see everyone else's handicaps and add them onto their final points total and then a new "handicap" table will be created, and whoever is top wins. 

it's not as simple as just finishing within 45 points of the top, because you then have to take into account other team's handicaps. eg. everton are handicapped at around +25 when i last checked (different bookies offer different handicaps, mind) so we'd have to finish within 20 points of everton to beat them. 

think that's a bad attempt at an explanation lol but what you want is a team who've got a decent-ish handicap and you think will finish in a good position. liverpool, everton and southampton were up their on last year's because they outperformed their pre season expectations. i'd imagine we'd have to get around 50 points to win the handicap league with a +45. could be a good shout tbf depends on your point of view. 

get on one with a cash out too in case we pick up a few early points and look way ahead of our handicap come january or so but peter out having been safe since mid march, let's say (fingers fúcking crossed!)

Top man, Cheers  :thumbup:

A couple of e/w Lucky 15's for today.

Newcastle

2.30 Shared Equity 5/1

3.00 Darrington 28/1

4.10 Medicine Hat 12/1

5.10 Hazza The Jazza 8/1

Newbury 3.20 Manomine 8/1

Newbury 3.55 Rosie's Premiere 7/1

Newmarket 7.00 Emperatriz 10/1

Newmarket 7.35 Mcbirney 11/1

A couple of e/w Lucky 15's for today.

Newcastle

2.30 Shared Equity 5/1

3.00 Darrington 28/1

4.10 Medicine Hat 12/1

5.10 Hazza The Jazza 8/1

Newbury 3.20 Manomine 8/1

Newbury 3.55 Rosie's Premiere 7/1

Newmarket 7.00 Emperatriz 10/1

Newmarket 7.35 Mcbirney 11/1

What's made you back these pal?

What's made you back these pal?

I never back favourites in a L15 bet, always try and look for a bit of value with something that might place or (hopefully) win. Only bet on races paying 3 or more places, normally with no clear favourite. Then its just down to reading the spotlight info, form, tipsters, etc..

Shared Equity won the first race @ 6/1

I never back favourites in a L15 bet, always try and look for a bit of value with something that might place or (hopefully) win. Only bet on races paying 3 or more places, normally with no clear favourite. Then its just down to reading the spotlight info, form, tipsters, etc..

Shared Equity won the first race @ 6/1

Ahh I see mate.

Yeah good first win, I've had your bets as well so fingers crossed

So what's everyone view on top goalscorers in the prem?

Paddy power are doing an offer - bet £20 on the market (£10 e/w counts) they give you a free £2 bet every time your selected player scores.

I'm thinking Sturridge? Ageuro? Costa? Or Rooney at a huge price (IMO) at 10/1.

I don't think Sturridge/Liverpool will be as good as they were last year, I think Ageuro will be rotated, same goes for Costa - also not sure how Costa will turn out, he'll either be shit or shit hot.

No-one stands out to me if I'm honest. If Aguero would stay fit then I'd back him but it just doesn't happen.

What odds are Soldado? I'm not backing him but under a new manager he could be a different player. There's a quality forward in there somewhere.

So what's everyone view on top goalscorers in the prem?

Paddy power are doing an offer - bet £20 on the market (£10 e/w counts) they give you a free £2 bet every time your selected player scores.

I'm thinking Sturridge? Ageuro? Costa? Or Rooney at a huge price (IMO) at 10/1.

I don't think Sturridge/Liverpool will be as good as they were last year, I think Ageuro will be rotated, same goes for Costa - also not sure how Costa will turn out, he'll either be shit or shit hot.

I backed Diego Costa e/w earlier