Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Always have a big bet for international qualifiers. Had a tenner on...

HUNGARY v northern ireland (I regret this already, first game of the eleven and Hungary are actually quite shit)

faroe islands v FINLAND

GERMANY v scotland

gibraltar v POLAND

PORTUGAL v albania

RUSSIA v liechtenstein

luxembourg v BELARUS (Another slightly dodgy one but I don't think Belarus are that bad)

san marino v LITHUANIA

SPAIN v fyr macedonia

BOSNIA v cyprus

CROATIA v malta

Would return around £66.

I think you should be ok there to be honest. 11 results at 6/1 is astonishing though.

I had Wales and Poland both to win to nil at 1/3, brought them in from 1/12 and 1/20 which increased the value. If either concede a goal they should hang their heads in shame.

Oddly enough, the result id be sweating over would be Germany v Scotland. Scotland have ****ed me over before.

I know that Lamby 18-fold looks ridiculous, but to be fair if there's ever a time to have a real stab like that it's this weekend. 

I mean, how often do you see any complete shocks in the qualifiers? He's pretty much only backed the favourites so he'll get a lot of them come in. Eighteen is a touch greedy, but putting on a ten or twelve-fold on for some of these games is definitely worth a quid.

That's why I save my big ones for internationals like this. The one I've just posted for example.

I think you should be ok there to be honest. 11 results at 6/1 is astonishing though.

I had Wales and Poland both to win to nil at 1/3, brought them in from 1/12 and 1/20 which increased the value. If either concede a goal they should hang their heads in shame.

Oddly enough, the result id be sweating over would be Germany v Scotland. Scotland have ****ed me over before.

The lowest odds out of any of my eleven is Belarus at 8/15 and then Hungary at 1/2.

Germany v Scotland is a fair shout as both have previous, but I cannot see past a German win there. Wouldn't be shocked if Scotland nicked a draw and wouldn't be shocked if Germany won 7-0.

I stuck about 16 teams on at first and Wales were one of them but I took them off. They should walk it against Andorra but I don't know.

Poland at Gibraltar is a funny one too. Don't Gibraltar keep getting draws? Poland were 1/20 as well and I'm regretting that one.

Most I've ever had on is only £15 but that'll change in future I think. Funnily enough that was this season, opening weekend of Premier League games and I had Man Utd to beat Swansea as one of my three. Absolutely livid.

I love the deposit limit buttons.

In my wild days id have had big singles, but id have also been the sad act that would be looking to bet on anything and everything morning, noon and night. Now that im older and more strict, its an enjoyment, rather than something i felt a compulsion to do.

Youre right in that bigger stakes on singles is generally a better way to go, but only stick to what you can afford to lose. £15 is not insignificant by any means

I love the deposit limit buttons.

In my wild days id have had big singles, but id have also been the sad act that would be looking to bet on anything and everything morning, noon and night. Now that im older and more strict, its an enjoyment, rather than something i felt a compulsion to do.

Youre right in that bigger stakes on singles is generally a better way to go, but only stick to what you can afford to lose. £15 is not insignificant by any means

It was a treble lol I had Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal.

It's mainly due to my lack of money to be honest. I wouldn't ever get to the stage I was relying on bet winnings (as quite frankly that would end up with me leading the emptiest life ever) but I am spending more these days. I enjoy the craic to be honest. I get pissed off when losing obviously, but I do quite enjoy the whole discussion behind it all even when I lose.

My mate's a jammy bastard. He's had six teams, five come in and his last one was an ambitious one - Ecuador away at Bolivia (high-ish odds due to altitude) and the game's only gone and been moved to Florida so it's effectively made it a banker. Ecuador lead 2-0 at HT.

Edited by Dan LCFC

My biggest football bet is probably about £25 quid on a treble.

I've done a £1 Heinz on the horses before and won about six quid back on top of my stake.

The most shameful thing I've done though betting wise is the £300 in a minute on a FOBT, massively addictive horrible things, I've seen people do £1000s in them, I'm 20 days without touching them now and starting to remember what it's like to have some money again.

Yeah Poland is a weird one. That's pretty much no value and they're prone to the odd shocker. Remember they conceded to San Marino and couldn't beat the likes of Moldova in the WC Qualis. They should obviously win it but I think Gibraltar are a touch better than the likes of Andorra, San Marino etc.

France are 11/10 against Serbia which is great odds for a team that just beat Spain. Serbia have some good players in their squad but I can see France being a bit too much for them!

Greece also look a decent price, Romania are a good team but think Greece might nick a win there!

Sweden is a tricky one, Austria have a good team but the Draw No Bet price is 6/5 so might be worth taking Sweden as Zlatan can win a game by himself 

I'm going for:

France

Greece 

Sweden DNB

£5 returns £47

France are 11/10 against Serbia which is great odds for a team that just beat Spain. Serbia have some good players in their squad but I can see France being a bit too much for them!

Greece also look a decent price, Romania are a good team but think Greece might nick a win there!

Sweden is a tricky one, Austria have a good team but the Draw No Bet price is 6/5 so might be worth taking Sweden as Zlatan can win a game by himself 

I'm going for:

France

Greece 

Sweden DNB

£5 returns £47

Those three teams having better odds than my eleven is just plain ridiculous and makes me look a tit.

I was considering Greece but Romania are getting better. Saying that no-one's better at scraping a result than the Greeks.

Those three teams having better odds than my eleven is just plain ridiculous and makes me look a tit.

I was considering Greece but Romania are getting better. Saying that no-one's better at scraping a result than the Greeks.

I don't like to use the word 'banker' in betting but your picks are much more solid, I'm not fully confident on Greece or Sweden but the odds were worth taking, even France as is depends which players they choose to use as they played a full strength team against Spain they might use some subs and reserves!

I don't like to use the word 'banker' in betting but your picks are much more solid, I'm not fully confident on Greece or Sweden but the odds were worth taking, even France as is depends which players they choose to use as they played a full strength team against Spain they might use some subs and reserves!

Mine are undoubtedly, but eleven games compared to three - and your three all have a pretty good chance. I'm half tempted to put it on myself.

Serbia are no mugs. Far poorer sides than them showed up at the World Cup. Amazing how they ended up in a qualifying group with Belgium & Croatia, unlucky really.

Mine should all win but I'm not confident. Hungary v Northern Ireland kicks off at 5pm - I've got a serious track record of being screwed over by the early game as well.

Done a couple of European games today, done poor so far. Teams that on form shouldn't be losing or drawing but they have.

Anyway looking at some International action now - Germany, Denmark, Hungary, Portugal and France is 7.32/1, think I may have a couple of quid on that, i've not been doing bad recently, had a few losses yesterday but my last bet last night won and helped out, not been doing great today but hopefully this one can win. :fc:

Denmark SHOULD win, but I dodged that one. Only a year ago this happened; http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/armenia-humiliates-denmark-4-0-in-copenhague-as-danes-world-cup-hopes-fade.aspx?pageID=238&nID=48653

Portugal are dodgy fvckers as well but surely they'll beat Albania.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Denmark SHOULD win, but I dodged that one. Only a year ago this happened; http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/armenia-humiliates-denmark-4-0-in-copenhague-as-danes-world-cup-hopes-fade.aspx?pageID=238&nID=48653

Portugal are dodgy fvckers as well but surely they'll beat Albania.

I know. Will be watching I'm in a syndicate at the minute with family members where we started with £20 each then decided a game.. we're on £100 at the minute but with this £100 we've got it on Barnet(WON), Denmark & Germany for £214.

We originally decided to do singles but as it's international weekend we decided to stick it on a 'banker' at just above evens.