Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

I ended up making two bets for today.

WBA at 4/5 to beat Stoke (£100 staked) and

CELTIC to beat Milan at 3.4/1 on Betfair for £50

Celtic lost there first game and will need to rely on their home form hence taking a chance today at those odds and West Brom are on form in the league and Stoke dont seem to be all that so 4/5 with paddy power is decent value.

My midweek bet strike rate is terrible compared to my saturday betting so lets hope I manage a win midweek for once.

Good Luck to those who are gambling their hard earned money lol

Nice one with celtic winning!

Looked like WBA should have won but Stoke held on! - Unlucky

Nice one with celtic winning!

Looked like WBA should have won but Stoke held on! - Unlucky

Lucky to get a last minute Celtic winner I suppose but as you say, apparently WBA should have won but that does typify the Championship at the moment. Still, its about a £70 profit which is better than a kick in the knads.

lol at Mr Reynolds there and what problems that gambling can cause! This dude was gambling so much that he told me when his missus was upstairs hoovering, he would get the dogs on the TV and make two or three bets at £2000 win each one! He actually lost £86k in one day and its such a shame to see a 32/33yo dude whop was respected after doing well in business owning a cafe and a butchers and 3 homes and now he has lost both businesses and two houses are on the market. His missus doesnt trust him, dad thinks his a prat and he now walks around just a shade of the man he was. Its an evil business but he is lucky he still has a home to live in after all of the crap.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow for some more footballing profits!

Lucky to get a last minute Celtic winner I suppose but as you say, apparently WBA should have won but that does typify the Championship at the moment. Still, its about a £70 profit which is better than a kick in the knads.

lol at Mr Reynolds there and what problems that gambling can cause! This dude was gambling so much that he told me when his missus was upstairs hoovering, he would get the dogs on the TV and make two or three bets at £2000 win each one! He actually lost £86k in one day and its such a shame to see a 32/33yo dude whop was respected after doing well in business owning a cafe and a butchers and 3 homes and now he has lost both businesses and two houses are on the market. His missus doesnt trust him, dad thinks his a prat and he now walks around just a shade of the man he was. Its an evil business but he is lucky he still has a home to live in after all of the crap.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow for some more footballing profits!

lol

Real got lucky against lazio. The bastards

lol

Real got lucky against lazio. The bastards

Unlucky mate.

It was a weird night tonight as the Champs League usually has a strong bias for home teams but every game bar the Real game was an away win including Olympiacos who won away for the first time in about 32 games and I think Besiktas lost at home for the first time in Europe in 5 years if I heard that right. Strange old night.

When it comes to football, I easily win over the course of the season. The problem is managing myself to stop playing the horses which is being managed well at the moment lol

BTW talking of them being "owned", we are chumps compared to some of these gamblers. I know one dude who has lost £450k-550k over the last 6 months and has had to put up to properties he owns up for sale and his missus nearly left him when he told her last month. The amount that these bookies win over the course of the year is almost sickening but thats because most of us are impatient and not clever when making our bets. Hopefully I have turned the corner over the last 6-12 months and pick and choose the games.

Now watch both my selections get dicked 7-0 at home today lol

This is also my problem :cry:

Had a good run lately though!

The 1st goalscorer trebles came in again last night, had 2 up with 2 non runners cost me £28 and got back £42 small profit but profit all the same!

This is also my problem :cry:

Had a good run lately though!

The 1st goalscorer trebles came in again last night, had 2 up with 2 non runners cost me £28 and got back £42 small profit but profit all the same!

Nice one

Time to study up for the weekends football.

I didnt put my bets up for today but I went for a 4 team accie with Florist. Charlton, Cardiff and Peterboro for £70 at odds of 8/1.

So far all are drawing apart from Cardiff who are 1-0 up, 40 mins for them to get it right. :unsure:

I didnt put my bets up for today but I went for a 4 team accie with Florist. Charlton, Cardiff and Peterboro for £70 at odds of 8/1.So far all are drawing apart from Cardiff who are 1-0 up, 40 mins for them to get it right. :unsure:

Well... Good luck ;)

Akinbyi just equalised for Burnley :cry:

Edited by LcfcTillIDie92

Had a 14 team accie, 650/1 lol

Wolves, dumbarton and afc wimbledon let me down by the looks of it.

Wolves won late but god knows which division AFC Wimbledon play in, you were better off doing MK Dons lol

Im sick as a pig on my bet. I would have had £638 back from my £70 bet and to get let down after an injury time equilizer by Barnsley is a bit hard to take, especially as I decided not to back Cardiff in a single as that was my banker at good odds (odds against). Still, you win some and you lose some but I should have done singles but it is hard to take a loss so late on when I was practically spending the winnings lol

Wolves won late but god knows which division AFC Wimbledon play in, you were better off doing MK Dons lol

Im sick as a pig on my bet. I would have had £638 back from my £70 bet and to get let down after an injury time equilizer by Barnsley is a bit hard to take, especially as I decided not to back Cardiff in a single as that was my banker at good odds (odds against). Still, you win some and you lose some but I should have done singles but it is hard to take a loss so late on when I was practically spending the winnings lol

Ahh unlucky mate

I had...

Ross County

Dumbarton THEY LOST

East Fife

Montrose

AFC Wimbledon

MK Dons

Peterborough

Northampton

Nottm Forest

Swindon

Stoke

Wolves

Aston Villa

Man Utd

Well basically that's the result, pretty sickening to lol. 650/1

13/14 weren't bad i spose, not that it's any consolation :(

Edited by filbertway

I'll admit I haven't been a serious punter for years, and I wasn't very good then. But a 14 game acculmulator is a mugs bet.

Worth a 50p punt though, and to be fair, I wasn't far off today :unsure:

I think I had a 24 game accie once lol As you canprobably imagine, that oen didn't come in either :P

Three 1st goalscorers came in again today!

6/1-5/1-7/2

Cost £10.50 won about £90

I only done six (decidedly to leave Bentley out) ouch!

i had bentley and kalou that gave me around £30

Well Done on those who have had some wins in the last few days.

I should have backed Man City on Sunday but didnt get round to it. Im not a fan of International football either as the odds are always dodgy and freak results always come up so I think I`ll save my cash for next week.

Well Done on those who have had some wins in the last few days.

I should have backed Man City on Sunday but didnt get round to it. Im not a fan of International football either as the odds are always dodgy and freak results always come up so I think I`ll save my cash for next week.

Leeds at darlington not taking your fancy then? :P

Leeds evens

Leyton Orient 8/13

Brighton 8/11

Bristol Rovers 4/6

£5 at around 9/1

Leeds 3 - 1 14/1

Leyton Orient 3 - 1 10/1

Brighton 3 - 1 11/1

Bristol Rovers 3 - 1 12/1

30p Lucky 15

Jermaine Beckford 9/2

Adam Boyd 9/2

Nicky Forster 11/2

Richard Walker 9/2

Danny Graham 9/2

Paul Furlong 5/1

20 x 50p 1st goalscorer trebles and 50p acc

lol maybe it should have been as they won again didn't they the buggers?!

Well Done Filbert Ross. :thumbup:

Yeh, away in the cup though, I probably wouldn't have bet it lol.

Geo I'll be following your moves and tips in a few weeks when I finally turn 18 and get my own account, you don't seem be doing too badly (at weekends :P)

If that's alright with you :D