Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2024 at 16:19, Trav Le Bleu said:

Does no one read fiction any more?

I've switched from almost 100% non-fiction a few years ago to probably 80% fiction now. I'm finding I'm reading a lot more, getting through 30-50 books a year.

For the last few months I've been trying to get through a bunch of old stuff I should have read as a teenager but didn't because my school was rubbish and we didn't have many books at home. Just finished Moby Dick which was a challenge but so rewarding. Also lots of Graham Greene which I'm really enjoying.

For me, fiction helps put my own little problems and anxieties in perspective and I find I can enter my own little world while reading in a way I don't reading about history, politics, sport etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, izzymuzzet said:

I've switched from almost 100% non-fiction a few years ago to probably 80% fiction now. I'm finding I'm reading a lot more, getting through 30-50 books a year.

For the last few months I've been trying to get through a bunch of old stuff I should have read as a teenager but didn't because my school was rubbish and we didn't have many books at home. Just finished Moby Dick which was a challenge but so rewarding. Also lots of Graham Greene which I'm really enjoying.

For me, fiction helps put my own little problems and anxieties in perspective and I find I can enter my own little world while reading in a way I don't reading about history, politics, sport etc.

I've never read much fiction. Apparently autistic people prefer non fiction and although not confirmed pretty sure I am in the spectrum 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I've never read much fiction. Apparently autistic people prefer non fiction and although not confirmed pretty sure I am in the spectrum 

You're posting regularly on here.

You're on the spectrum.

• Haha 1