Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

The NEW KIT

Riceys alternative design looks so much better, the club/jjb have cocked up big time!

Your possible the 1,000,000th person to have said that on here.

Can anyone confirm for me that the Alliance and Leicester bit on the new kit wont look mega-tacky like it does at the moment when it officially gets brought out?

Can anyone confirm for me that the Alliance and Leicester bit on the new kit wont look mega-tacky like it does at the moment when it officially gets brought out?

Face facts, it will look tacky.

The club aren't going to publicise and launch the new kit if it's not 100% ready and complete. They ain't that stupid. :unsure:

How do you expect us to confirm that?

We know as much as you know. Well about the kit anyway.

Think this might be the first time in my history as a supporter I don't get the kit. Whilst the design is *ok* at best, the whole issue with the tacked on sponsor makes it look horrid. The last two shirts are far superior in my opinion and I think I'll stick to them.

no where even close to the old one, and that bloody goal keepers kit is the worst city goalkeepers kit ever and the sooner we get rid of jjb the better

Ben Swift, the Retail Manager, should be ringing me tomorrow to answer some of the questions asked in this thread such as the tacky AL logo and the pin-stripes.
Same here.

I'm going to try and get hold of the v neck one, could be worth a few quid in the future. Much prefer the v neck, very old skool.

I doubt they would of manufactured any of the others as they have knon for months which design won.

I've just spoken to Ben Swift on the phone and here are the points he made:

- The Alliance and Leicester logo is a new state of the art matieral that all the big clubs have been using for a number of years, it is a quality transfer that won't drop off in the wash. Another reason that the old style lettering wasn't used was because it would of either meant the pinstripes running behind the logo or special matieral being used with breaks in the pin-stripes which would of caused possible double or triple the amount of wastage which would of been costly.

- The pics on the OS are not of the final version of the kit, the background colour on the transfer has been altered further to match the shirt colour. Ben is hoping that it will look a lot better in final production.

- There are the same amount of pin-stripes on the shirt as there were on the graphic, they are just spread out more. The club tried having the pinstripes looking like they did in the 80's however according to Ben they didn't look right and looked too retro.

- The shorts shown in the pictures are again not the final versions, on some pictures the backs of the shorts hang lower than the front like a cape however Ben told me this was a comical mistake and they won't look like this when they go on sale.

- The Alliance and Leicester logo is a new state of the art matieral that all the big clubs have been using for a number of years, it is a quality transfer that won't drop off in the wash. Another reason that the old style lettering wasn't used was because it would of either meant the pinstripes running behind the logo or special matieral being used with breaks in the pin-stripes which would of caused possible double or triple the amount of wastage which would of been costly.

- The pics on the OS are not of the final version of the kit, the background colour on the transfer has been altered further to match the shirt colour. Ben is hoping that it will look a lot better in final production.

- There are the same amount of pin-stripes on the shirt as there were on the graphic, they are just spread out more. The club tried having the pinstripes looking like they did in the 80's however according to Ben they didn't look right and looked too retro.

- The shorts shown in the pictures are again not the final versions, on some pictures the backs of the shorts hang lower than the front like a cape however Ben told me this was a comical mistake and they won't look like this when they go on sale.

Well we'll see when it's released!! Hope they do fix the A&L sticker.

Well we'll see when it's released!! Hope they do fix the A&L sticker.

Me too, cheers Ricey for the info son.

I am for the kit.. I just really hope they get the Alliance and Leicester bit right! and it will look great (in my humble opinion).

absolutely awful, the computer design looked ok but the finished product is a shambles, wont be having to watch them in it anyway as i wont be renewing my ST

quite a few people not renewing this year, i dont know what your reasons are so i am not moaning at you, but we cant really expect the team to get better if the support starts falling as it has done.

quite a few people not renewing this year, i dont know what your reasons are so i am not moaning at you, but we cant really expect the team to get better if the support starts falling as it has done.

So what are the reasons they give?

And Number 6 why aren't you renewing then?

Said pretty much the same thing to me. Fingers crossed....

So what are the reasons they give?

And Number 6 why aren't you renewing then?

uni coming up this year, should be off to warwick and i wont have the money to be able to travel down every week, (it's not the fact that paying to watch crap football annoys me)

not sure it's going to be all that good a season actually, am slightly worried as to what kelly will do with our money, i kno he has bought in a free but i still don't see why we need another CB. I hope he'll prove me wrong but i think we will be in mid-table medicracy if we're lucky next season

Archived