Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Finally got to watch Inglorious.

Stunning, simple as... ive been a fan of every one of tarnatino's movies, and this comes very close to equalling Pulp Fiction for me.

Outstanding soundtrack as always.

Brad Pitt was class along with Christoph Waltz whom I have never seen before but will certainly look out for in the future(Some might say oscar winning performance) and as for Melanie Laurent... Simply Beautiful in both acting and looks.

Well Done quentin and co... 9/10.

Edited by AjcW

My girlfriend rented the dark knight 9I had seen some of it already but fell asllep) last night, she knew I couldn't stand comic book films but she had heard this one was different so I gave it a shot.

It was ok (at best) the start didn't fill me with confidence with batman speaking like clint eastwood,and that ridiculas court scene. Chrisitian bale must be pissed every film I've seen him in he gets out acted now he gets the chance of being batman but still he's outshone this time by one of the few positives in the film keith ledgers performance as batman.

Plus it was way too long.

5/10.

Are you actually serious?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Its deservedly made its way into the top ten films of all time.

And I cant wait to watch it again tonight.

Fair enough if its not your genre.

It's good, but come on.

AcjW also claimed Knocked Up was some kind of timeless romcom lol

purpleronnie has a point. Christian Bale talks like a tool whenever he's Batman. Plus it's too complex a plot to follow when you've had a few too many pints and are trying to eat a chilli dog while straining your neck to get everything in on a cinema screen that's the same height as five double decker busses...

By the way purpleronnie, I assume you meant "Heath Ledger's performance as the joker" as oppose to "keith ledgers performance as batman" though :thumbup:

Are you actually serious?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Its deservedly made its way into the top ten films of all time.

And I cant wait to watch it again tonight.

Fair enough if its not your genre.

It's good, but come on.

AcjW also claimed Knocked Up was some kind of timeless romcom lol

purpleronnie has a point. Christian Bale talks like a tool whenever he's Batman. Plus it's too complex a plot to follow when you've had a few too many pints and are trying to eat a chilli dog while straining your neck to get everything in on a cinema screen that's the same height as five double decker busses...

By the way purpleronnie, I assume you meant "Heath Ledger's performance as the joker" as oppose to "keith ledgers performance as batman" though :thumbup:

Keith ledger :D

adventureland.jpg

Absolutely brilliant film. This years Garden State. Ranks up there with Nick and Nora and The Hangover as the best film out this year.

I downloaded and watched this on your recommendation. It was predictable and a bit too emo but I couldn't help but watch and grudgingly enjoy it as well.

I d/l District 9 and started watching but then I came to a scene where the prawns were cooking something up. The prawns were obviously having a conversation but I had no subs so I stopped watching it. Does anyone know if there should be subs and if so will not having them ruin the film?

I just went to see Funny People. Not so funny.

agreed! it was pretty good but way too long and seemed to be missing something. You spent the whole 2 and a half hours wondering where the story was going to go, but on the whole i thought it was good because it was a bit different to the same crap that seems to circulate at the same time. Its similar to superbad (one of my favourite films) in a way that there isnt really any set out plot or goals, but superbad was a lot more funny!

I think it was good also just to see sandler and rogan play different roles.

funny people, 7.5 out of 10!

Has anyone seen Final Destination?

Either 3D or normal

saw 3d. not too impressed with any recent films in 3d, hardly any bits that look...... well........ 3d, the glasses just seem to sort out the picture with the occasional thing that jumps out at you.

anyway, fd, good film, too predictable, nice imagination on some of the deaths! really lacks ins tory but i think thats the point, just to move it along as i think people have sussed it by now.

would have liked to see something with more depth where they perhaps go back to research the past incidents a lot more, try and research the origins of the whole death list thing and finally try to work out a way to beat death(similar to the previous films, but make it better lol) but they just put in a few more squeeky americans, some over acting and threw in what seemed to be an easily written script!

still worth the gore tbh.

7.5/10 (another 7.5 lol)

Really? I don't really like those sort of films but for some reason thought it looked good, might not bother with it then, but might have too girlfriends a Leonardo fan.

I thought that to... both me and the Missus spent 90 mins waiting for it to finish....

It's like watching your neighbours have arguments...

I d/l District 9 and started watching but then I came to a scene where the prawns were cooking something up. The prawns were obviously having a conversation but I had no subs so I stopped watching it. Does anyone know if there should be subs and if so will not having them ruin the film?

Yes there should be subs and yes it does ruin the film without them.

Just make sure you download a copy that says it has hard-coded subs included, i did and thought it was a decent film.

Edited by Leicfox

I just went to see Funny People. Not so funny.

It's just TOO long. There are some funny quotes in parts (skinny vagina...and right at the end sitting in the cafe) but there's nothing overly exciting about the film.

2hrs 20 mins for a 'comedy' which turns into some romantic drama for the last half an hour doesn't get my recommendation.

love the sig!

'Men, you're lucky men. Soon, you'll all be fighting for your planet. many of you will be dying for your planet. A few of you will be put through a fine mesh screen for your planet. They will be the luckiest of all'

:P

Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love... hard and fast!