Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

All the early 80s John Carpenter films are worth a view - They Live,Escape From New York,Assault on Precinct 13,Prince of Darkness and of course Halloween

Yeah i should really check all these out again, has been too long.

Ok watched 2 films last night. One called Cruising from 1980 starring Al Pacino and another called Chapter 27 starring Jared Leto as Mark David Chapman, the guy who murdered John Lennon. Both were very average. Cruising is about Al Pcino as a dectective going undercover in the Gay underworld trying to find a murderer and Chapter 27 is pretty much the couple of days leading up to the murder of Lennon.

assault on precinct 13 is 76

and halloween is 78

;)

you missed out the fog and big trouble in little china

my bad,also those 2 are also classics,actually went to the cinema to see The Fog,pisses allover the remake

The Damned Utd is on BBC 2 on Sunday night, just in case people who want to see it havent yet.

seen it once and loved it but then i heard some of his old friends and familly saying how inacurate it was which has put a damper on it for me

seen it once and loved it but then i heard some of his old friends and familly saying how inacurate it was which has put a damper on it for me

I think the chap who wrote it responded by saying it wasn't intended as a factual piece, more as a novelisation of what could have happened. Something along those lines anyway. I've read the book but not seen the film, so I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.

Inception. Thoughts people?

was pretty tired when i saw it and due to its complexity i zoned out quite a bit lol. But from what i can recollect it was a pretty good film. Deeper story than it seemed it was going to be. Definately worth a watch

The A-Team.

This is getting slated from a few sources but i must say i really enjoyed it. It's action-packed, funny, witty and just a bloody good watch. 8/10

Grown Ups.

Watched this not expecting to much, and because i did i really enjoyed it. You know what to expect with it being Adam Sandler, you either like what he does or you don't. I did. 7/10

Inception. Thoughts people?

Loved it, deliberately didn't read reviews or watch teasers beforehand, because I hate getting surrounded by the hype of these things and would rather judge something for myself than be spoon fed reviews telling me how much I should love it. Went to see it at the imax in Brum on Friday and enjoyed every minute and even though it's fairly complexed with the different layers of story, I thought Nolan made it very easy to follow and there was not doubt about what level the story was at. Also loved the ending - which is unusual because i'm not normally a fan of films finishing like that. In my opinion, it'll take a real masterpiece for something to beat this to film of the year.

Edited by marko

Loved it, deliberately didn't read reviews or watch teasers beforehand, because I hate getting surrounded by the hype of these things and would rather judge something for myself than be spoon fed reviews telling me how much I should love it. Went to see it at the imax in Brum on Friday and enjoyed every minute and even though it's fairly complexed with the different layers of story, I thought Nolan made it very easy to follow and there was not doubt about what level the story was at. Also loved the ending - which is unusual because i'm not normally a fan of films finishing like that. In my opinion, it'll take a real masterpiece for something to beat this to film of the year.

on this reccomendation,i now really want to see this film:thumbup:

on this reccomendation,i now really want to see this film:thumbup:

If you get the opportunity it's definitely worth spending a couple of quid extra and making the effort of trekking to an imax. It's the first feature film i've seen at an imax as i've previously only seen documentary type films, but it is truly incredible - the sound, the picture, the scale - it just takes it to the next level in my opinion. Although I said it's easy to follow, prepare to be confused - it's hard to explain without spoiling it and giving away the plot, but we've spent no end of time discussing different theories and relationships between characters and their role within the film. The more I think about the film now the better it seems. If you don't love it i'll refund you your ticket :P