Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched The Gambler. Not too bad. Mark Walberg with a gambling problem and given a week to pay back a shit load of cash. 

Off now ready for poker at the Kings Head tonight.

This movie remake is an insult to the 1974 masterpiece with James Caan, its one of my all time favourite movies.

Just watched The Sapphires on BBC Two. A biopic about an Australian girl group from the sixties who went to Vietnam to entertain troops. Was not too bad although  I was not sure at the start. They were country singers but were told that  they needed to sing more upbeat stuff for the troops and ended up doing soul. The music was not too bad which really was the best thing.

Can't say I remember them though.

Here is my 100 films for 2016

1/100 A Beer tale 2012. A romcom coming of age about twin brothers that inherit a brewery and raised by their uncle and beer. One wants to settle down with a girl the other is wants fun. Not bad. Not too challenging. 7/10. I had a  bottle of  beer whilst watching it of course.

I have set up a blog to store the films.  Nothing fancy  just so I have a record. I can improve later. http://my2016films.yolasite.com/

Edited by Rincewind

Watched Ironman  3 earlier   and now watching Rise Of The Planet Of The Apeson Film 4. I am not conting them towards my 100 though. I want to do an A-Z first. I have updated the website I am storing them on. On the home page I  have uploaded the YouTube video The DNO Story. Mainly to fill the page. On the second I have put the Picture and review text together.

I want a newish film for tomorrow for B. I can think of some good old ones but really want unseen films.

http://my2016films.yolasite.com/

A double bill on now. Scary Movie one and Two.

Edited by Rincewind

2/100 Bridge of Spies. Based on True events and directed by Steven Spielberg. Starring Tom Hanks. Set in 1957 and concerns the exchange of a convicted Russian spy and an American pilot shot down over Russia. It was also  the time the Berlin wall  was being put up. The relations between East Germany and USSR was also tense.After the earlier posts about us having to be vigilant the film also touched on how the feelings were with the public at that time. The lawyer in it also defended the Russian spy and the judge said to him do a good job in defending him then we will find him guilty and send him to the chair.

Thought it was well worth seeing with a lot of tension. 8/10.

I was going to watch Black Mass but all the links I found had Chinese or Japanese subtitles.

Glad I watched this one though. Can't go far wrong with Spielberg.

Edited by Rincewind

Bridge of Spies- Not a massive amount of action, no big twists but it kept my attention for 2.20 hours. 8/10

I thought the same. A bit cat  and mouse with the negotiating.

Might watch a film tonight. Up to now narrowed it down to two Creed or Concussion. The first about boxing the second involves American Football. Not keen on either sport but the story line could be good. Concussion is  also about  a forensic scientist. A true story about how he links the sport and brain damage. Will Smith. Doing  the films A-Z  so I  am on C. Imay still watch  both but at a later date. Just catching up with some TV first.

Concussion. 7.5/10 Not sure. It was good but I am not good at rating. It was based on a true story about a neuropathologist from Nigeria who went to America. He discovered that American Footballers that had lost their minds and committed suicide was as a result of playing American football. A trauma condition that is now known as CTE. He then had a battle convincing the NFL and the rest of the country to do something about it. Unfortunately the condition did not show while the person was alive in brain scans etc. Will Smith played the part well. There was not much of the game shown. Not too drawn out at 2hrs to lose the interest. Worth watching if you like medical dramas.

They have now found evidence of CTE in a fhttp://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/healthcare/Evidence-of-CTE-found-in-former-football-player-in-20s.htmlormer college player.

Probably wrong  place to discuss this topic. Might be better in its own thread but it is 2am now so off bed.

Edited by Rincewind