Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Day off today so i've just sat through this football documentry...

kicking_it.jpg

The lives of homeless people are changed forever through an international soccer competition. This film follows six players as they set off for Cape Town, South Africa to play in the Homeless World Cup.

Very good imo, and really glad i watched it.

I don't buy it, Watching Zooey could never be depressing :wub:

Watching zooey was a pleasure(I think she may well be the next sig girl :) ), the depressing aspect, as I said depends on your circumstances.

The warning at the start about it being fiction and any similarities are coincidence felt like it was written for me lol.

I d/l District 9 and started watching but then I came to a scene where the prawns were cooking something up. The prawns were obviously having a conversation but I had no subs so I stopped watching it. Does anyone know if there should be subs and if so will not having them ruin the film?

Yeh, I streamed it. Can give ya the link if ya want (good quality). Awesome film!

Edited by coale39

Big%20Lebowski.jpg

The Smuts abides.

Been sat around since i finished at Nissan watching films all day. Loving it.

Just watched Die Hard 2 and Waynes World 2 is on atm. Both classics. Tia Carrere schawing.

Hancock - Not bad

Juno - Excellent

The Dark Knight - Magnificent

There's Something About Mary - Quality

I've seen so many others i can't remember them all!

Yeh, I streamed it. Can give ya the link if ya want (good quality). Awesome film!

Got the subs sorted and watched it last night. Enjoyed watching it but I want to know why the ship arrived in the first place with the prawns living in such poor conditions.

Got the subs sorted and watched it last night. Enjoyed watching it but I want to know why the ship arrived in the first place with the prawns living in such poor conditions.

I think its based on a book called District 6, I think the prawns are actually black people in the book though, the book could have the answers though...

The director said this about it

The thing that really appealed to me was this idea that they're a hive. They are worker drones so they don't have the direction that they need. I don't think anything's wrong with their planet. They've got their planet and they have all of these ships, like the one that you see, that leave their planet and go and get resources from other planets. Each ship has some kind of alien that we've never seen, like an elite queen or whatever, that they take direction from, and there's some virus or bacteria that they picked up on another planet that affected the upper echelons of their society and left all of them. The ship auto-piloted them to the closest planet that would sustain life.

Bronson - Only the 2nd film I've EVER turned off before the end.

Amazing that a 3rd film would come so soon after turning this off, but "The Boat That Rocked" did not rock. In fact in fact it sank like an actual rock. The least funny comedy I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Oh how hilarious, his name is Twatt but with two T's.... honestly what decade are they stuck in comedy wise.