Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Sorry lol I seem to have had a mare here... I just couldn't get into zoolander, im not really a fan of the stupid comedy genre, find it difficult to watch.

Ben Stiller doesnt do stupid :angry:;)

Now youre gonna tell me you didnt like "Theres Something About Mary"?! :o

Just watched it now. Challenging and intense. Loved it.

Also watched Moon recently (quality) and Wolf Creek (disappointing).

Now I'm not a horror movie genre person at all.

Wolf Creek I watched a while back and quite liked some of the unnecessary uncomfortability... but again made me smile... not sure if that's what the film-makers were attempting to achieve. (If that's the one which starts with the car breaking down)

I watched Star Trek. Now, I am no Treky and no Sci-Fi Fan either (Sci-fi and horror I don't do), but I loved it - thought it was entertaining and thoroughly supported the Star Trek story and continuity and great casting.... unlike the star wars prequals.....

Zombieland ...... came recommended, watched it despite reservations, starts with being really fattist (in a practical Darwinian sort of way) then Metallica kick in with 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' and I began outwardly smiling and liking the next fun and rather imaginatively predictable remainder.

Always knew you had fuck all taste! :thumbup:

I think if we had a proper convo about movies you would realise I had good taste, and the people who have supported zoolander in this thread are the first ive ever heard.

Its probably the lowest rated of all stiller movies.... Also made less money than most of his movies... AND stiller said himself its "Comedy for Idiots". Whether thats a bad thing or not I dont know.

I think if we had a proper convo about movies you would realise I had good taste, and the people who have supported zoolander in this thread are the first ive ever heard.

Its probably the lowest rated of all stiller movies.... Also made less money than most of his movies... AND stiller said himself its "Comedy for Idiots". Whether thats a bad thing or not I dont know.

Its really not worse than Night in The Museum!

I honestly think its one of his better ones, barring Mary which is just a classic! Each to their own though we cant all like the same things :thumbup:

I don't really rate Stiller, either.

American Comedies just don't work any more - the recipe's used up and the history repeats itself way too often. I see so many Hollywood flicks trying to be original (not just Comedies), but they do nothing more than rehashing what's been done before, the latest example being "Couples Retreat". But then again, can't really blame a single actor like Stiller for it - even though he has yet to come up with something really impressive and serious other than the same comedy antics all the time.

And if you already steal from older movies, at least do it in style.

So, in that sense, if there's a Ben Stiller role I really love, then it is this:

royaltenenbaumsbenstiller.jpg

(Done by a genius film director, by the way)

Edited by Alexei

I know hes never going to win an Oscar or make a deep film but sometimes I just want to be entertained without having to think too much and follow a dialogue.... Stillers films do the job for me! Adam Sandler is another one... just good family comedies, nothing wrong with that.

:thumbup:

Never got Zoolander at all, I honestly don't think I even smiled once while watching it. We can't all have the same taste though can we!!

Couple of recent ones watched were:

Inglorious Bastards - Nowhere near his best, but a decent enough watch. Came away a bit disappointed as I was expecting more. Some scenes were brilliant though. 7/10

District 9 - Didn't have a clue what it was going to be about, quite enjoyed it though. Seemed quite original, or as original as you can be with an alien based movie. 7/10

Terminator Salvation - Not bad, i'd heard a few people slate it bu t I quite enjoyed it. Although, I did find myself wondering which scene was the one where Christian Bale lost it, and had his infamous rant at a crew member. 6.5/10

Well I don't feel so silly now :P I was about to go and watch it again lol.

Someone mentioned sandler further up the page, I love alot of his movies, happy gilmore, big daddy, I've always thought of them as feel good cheer up movies. I watched another one of his the other day actually were he has to go back to primary school completely forgotten the name but I loved that.

Edited by AjcW

I think Sandler's gone downhill in the past 4-5 years. His last good film for me was Longest Yard.

Funny People wasn't that interesting for me. Focussed on the plot more as opposed to trying to make it funny.

His best days were Happy Gilmore (13 years ago :o) and The Waterboy and Little Nicky.

Well I don't feel so silly now :P I was about to go and watch it again lol.

Someone mentioned sandler further up the page, I love alot of his movies, happy gilmore, big daddy, I've always thought of them as feel good cheer up movies. I watched another one of his the other day actually were he has to go back to primary school completely forgotten the name but I loved that.

Me!

Thats Billy Madison and brilliant! lol

Worst film he did was Punch Drunk Love..... his attempt to do a serious film and the biggest pile of shite Ive ever seen, well almost... we didnt even bother watching the whole thing it was that bad. Plain weird :unsure:

Me!

Thats Billy Madison and brilliant! lol

Worst film he did was Punch Drunk Love..... his attempt to do a serious film and the biggest pile of shite Ive ever seen, well almost... we didnt even bother watching the whole thing it was that bad. Plain weird :unsure:

That was the same for me regarding Jim Carry and 'The Truman Show'

I had no idea what it was about before so my expectations of it were comedy but didn't get any of that. Didn't like it one bit.