Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Carrey's best performance is in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind when he plays it straight. I thought Sandler was great in Punch Drunk Love even if I was a bit off on the film. Always find comedic actors are capable of pulling off straight characters fairly well cos the amount of thought process they go through in trying to make an idiot funny and interesting normally.

Watched Hallam Foe & Black Book, Friday night. Both watchable in their own ways and plenty of jugs on show.

Just saw an advert for the descent part 2. Havnt seen the first one for ages but can remember it being pretty good

First one's decent, second's supposed to be dogturd.

As for films I want to see soon and I am disappointex the new Phoenix didn't pick up are A Serious Man and Where The Wild Things Are.

I shall definately be viewing Where The Wild Things Are if it reaches my nearest cinema. Love me some Spike Jonze.

Finally bit the bullet and peeped me some Twilight. Can't really see what all the mad fuss is about but it was at least watchable for the most part which is more than i had expected. Will possibly see the next one for the missus' sake.

Have a hunch it's gone from the iPlayer but it was well worth finding a torrent or even, hell forbid, a DVD for.

It's not high intensity, it's even quite slow to be fair but it's still very gripping.

Edit: I'm full of shit, the link Nick posted will work til Saturday.

Edited by Finnegan

Me!

Thats Billy Madison and brilliant! lol

Worst film he did was Punch Drunk Love..... his attempt to do a serious film and the biggest pile of shite Ive ever seen, well almost... we didnt even bother watching the whole thing it was that bad. Plain weird :unsure:

Thats weird because I dont like any sandler films except for punch drunk love I thought he was brilliant in that.

It won lots of awards and rightly so....maybe you thought it was a comedy?. :giggle:

Well I just got smacked in the face by a complete under the radar movie.

Greta: Hillary Duff.

Yeh yeh I know what your thinking what the eff is this guy on, but give it a chance, trust me you wont be disappointed, its a very serious role for miss duff that she acts surprisingly well :o.

The story revolves around the forbidden romance of a waitress (Duff) and the restaurant's ambitious cook (Ross). After she falls for him, the couple's little summer romance runs into a brick wall called her grandparents, played by veteran actors Ellen Burstyn and Michael Murphy. Apparently, the folks aren't too happy about the cook's criminal past.

Its got a few unsubtly hidden messages about interracial relationships and giving people a second chance but I really enjoyed it.

I would say its probably more in the teenage movie genre though

Seriously though, about greta, its probably the best most powerful film I have seen in a long time. Absolutely loved it.

9/10 maybe even 10.

Just put that to divx disc will watch tonight.

Last night watched Inglourious Basterds...

Very disappointing and propably one of the most over-rated movies this year. Christoph Waltz was brilliant though as Col. Hans Landa.

Edited by Leicfox

Thats weird because I dont like any sandler films except for punch drunk love I thought he was brilliant in that.

It won lots of awards and rightly so....maybe you thought it was a comedy?. :giggle:

Ermm no I just though it was shite.... lol

Well if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place eh? :thumbup: