Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I saw 2012 at the weekend. I thought it was half decent for about 4 disaster movies rolled into one.

I've not seen it but isn't that the whole point?

This whole doomesday malarky has led people to have different ideas of how the world will end.

Some believe the cause will be earthquakes/volcanoes causing tsunami, some say instant pole shift, some say solar flares etc etc

I'm guessing there just trying to add a little bit of everything :thumbup:

Narh, watch it Jehst, you'll understand.

It honestly can't make it's mind up what plot arc to commit to, it's genuinely quite a bad film.

Yeah I can't comment on it as I've not seen the film but from what the originol poster had put I guessed they were favouring each outcome so not to be biased. It's also because I've watcher a couple of docs recently on Nat Geo on the subject and the scientists were going through each theory.

Although it's a load of bull you have to admire how advanced the Mayans were in terms of their astronomy and mathematics.

What are the graphics like? I must admit they do look good on the HD trailers.

Edited by Jehst

Yeah, they should make the end of the world fims more realistic. lol

If you're basing it on faux science then, yes, it should at least make some physical sense.

Would you watch a war film where people survived the blast of nuclear bombs by standing fifty odd feet away?

Just messin with ya. I understand what your saying its like action films where some bad ass fires 100 shots off and the hero walks away. If I went to see a film like that I wouldnt be concerned about the 'reality' of it.

Edited by purpleronnie

They lost my suspended disbelief watching 2012 when Josh Cusack and his family (who were about a quarter of a mile from the epicenter of the Yellowstone caldera) survived it's erruption without so much as being knocked to their feet. lol

That's ridiculous lol

Things like that annoy me in films, even if you're not meant to see it as reality.

I just had a quick read of the plot and it does seem they've incorporated real scenarios so why not make the film realistic. Like you said, if the Yellowstone Caldera was to blow, most of The United States would be destroyed. lol

Edited by Jehst

It's about as powerful as Peter Andre lyrics.

I knew when I said that it didnt sound right lol and I love the analogy :P.

hmm I think I meant it was a film that was quite emotional and duff played her character well enough to get you to at points feel sorry for her and at other points think she was a total bitch.