Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched one of the weirdest films ever.... Little Otik (Otesánek) from the Czech Republic...

It's about a couple who can't conceive, so instead of going the normal route of IVF treatment by medical professionals, they adopt a lump of wood that looks a bit like a baby and take it in as their own. At first they treat it like real a baby, but then it comes to life and starts to eat people (the maid, the postman, the milkman......).

Little bit off the wall but very, very good.

Also watched The Boat That Rocked. Loved it!!

It's about a couple who can't conceive, so instead of going the normal route of IVF treatment by medical professionals, they adopt a lump of wood that looks a bit like a baby and take it in as their own. At first they treat it like real a baby, but then it comes to life and starts to eat people (the maid, the postman, the milkman......).

Sounds live hammer of of horror plot line. Where the f did you find it?

Watched 2012 and enjoyed it. Everyone seems to have slagged it so I had no expectations but for a hollywood mega spend it was alright as long as you expected nothing

In other news, I just wasted 24 quid on "The Box".... I honestly have no words for it... 1 possibly 2 out of 10 at best.

Where you watch it...premiere at that price.

My thoughts exactly, although the heroin addicts having sex, did not wanna see that, up there with some of the most vile things I've seen in a film.

I actually thought it was the best scene of the film (though the sex bit was a bit off). Very well done.

I lost it with the ending. I don't wanna give away but crime stays on the estates and streets forever, just the figures change. (The Wire perfectly illustrates this).

Hurricane Season.

Tim Story directs this sports drama based on real events, with Forest Whitaker starring as Al Collins, a high-school basketball coach who leads a ragtag team to win the state finals just a year after the Katrina disaster.

It was ok but not a patch on Remember The Titans Or Coach Carter. 5/10

Hurricane Season.

Tim Story directs this sports drama based on real events, with Forest Whitaker starring as Al Collins, a high-school basketball coach who leads a ragtag team to win the state finals just a year after the Katrina disaster.

It was ok but not a patch on Remember The Titans Or Coach Carter. 5/10

Not many are a patch on Coach Carter to be fair

Not many are a patch on Coach Carter to be fair

Amazing film.

Rocky II - still bores me. Kept fast forwarding to the fight scenes of which there werent many.

EDIT: Gonna make the effort later with Rocky III because i know Thunderlips is in it.

Edited by Happy Chrismuts

Amazing film.

Rocky II - still bores me. Kept fast forwarding to the fight scenes of which there werent many.

EDIT: Gonna make the effort later with Rocky III because i know Thunderlips is in it.

OMG Ive just realised its you!! How thick am I lol