Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

500 Days of Summer is a little bit frothy and self-indulgent, but at the same time the writer manages to namecheck most of my favourite bands and my favourite book so I can't come down on it too hard.

But genuinely, the actual meat of the film is desperately sad, well-told, well-acted, true, and heartfelt. Zooey Deschanel melts me.

Watched Inglorious Basterds at the cinema the other week...really enjoyed it, going to buy it on BD. Quite a few people walked out, I'm guessing because of the subtitles.

Also went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D...it surprised me. I liked it and the 3D was really, really good (I was very dubious before watching a 3D movie).

Ninja Assassin was a turn-your-brain-off, but was still ok & watchable.

Got a few films for Christmas

Inglorious Basterds

There Will be Blood

No Country For Old Men

The Assassination of Jesse James

The Departed

They are supposed to be good so I look forward to watching them.

Thinking No Country For Old Men tonight.

Let us know what you think. I liked this 2nd time round for some weird reason.

Watched Inglorious Basterds at the cinema the other week...really enjoyed it, going to buy it on BD. Quite a few people walked out, I'm guessing because of the subtitles.

Watched it last night and felt it was Tarrantino by numbers - without the killer one-liners and a brilliant soundtrack of classic sounds.

I really wanted to love it but simply ended up totally nonplussed by it: little story-archs forced into a large one which didn't work.

Got a few films for Christmas

Inglorious Basterds

There Will be Blood

No Country For Old Men

The Assassination of Jesse James

The Departed

They are supposed to be good so I look forward to watching them.

Thinking No Country For Old Men tonight.

Assassination of Jesse James is the real underrated hit in that lot for me. The Tarantino aside, the others drew enormous critical acclaim and were good films but I really loved AoJJ. Left me kind of cold and feeling very low but in an immensely powerful way, odd feelng.

Watched it last night and felt it was Tarrantino by numbers - without the killer one-liners and a brilliant soundtrack of classic sounds.

That's what struck me the most about Basterds. The people expecting an action film were naive, despite the trailers, but I was stunned at the real lack of Tarantino wit.

Edited by Finnegan

lol it was only a matter of time.

He agrees lol

whats Avatar in 3D like anyone seen it? is actually worth the difference?

Well I haven't seen it in 2d so I don't know how to make that decision, all I will say is that I got my willy out and did a dance it was that much of a sensory overload (then again it was my first 3d film) Can't grumble at the price at all either.