Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Very good.

Rachel McAdams needs seeing to aswell.

Absolutely... Watsons misses wasn't bad either to be fair... Was surprised when she appeared after seeing her in ITV's brilliant Above Suspision just a few months ago.

Let us know what you think. I liked this 2nd time round for some weird reason.

I really think I am going to have to watch it again.

The cinematography is amazing and some of the shots are incredible, but the story line definitely warrants a second viewing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the intensity first time round though.

Watched some decent films recently:

Law Abiding Citizen - really enjoyed it, bit far fetched but can't fault it for entertainment value.

The Hurt Locker - great film, felt like a bit of a masterpiece in film making.

District 9 - loved it.

Body of Lies - really enjoyed this as well.

Watched Inglorious Basterds at the cinema the other week...really enjoyed it, going to buy it on BD. Quite a few people walked out, I'm guessing because of the subtitles.

Also went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D...it surprised me. I liked it and the 3D was really, really good (I was very dubious before watching a 3D movie).

Ninja Assassin was a turn-your-brain-off, but was still ok & watchable.

Walked out? I though IB was fantastic, i've got it on Blu Ray. Its a different Tarantino movie, a welcome change I thought. Anyone who walked out of that movie deserves to be shot.

Got a few films for Christmas

Inglorious Basterds

There Will be Blood

No Country For Old Men

The Assassination of Jesse James

The Departed

They are supposed to be good so I look forward to watching them.

Thinking No Country For Old Men tonight.

Only one i've not seen out of that lot is There Will Be Blood (which I really wanna see), and they are all great films.

Assassination of Jesse James is the real underrated hit in that lot for me. The Tarantino aside, the others drew enormous critical acclaim and were good films but I really loved AoJJ. Left me kind of cold and feeling very low but in an immensely powerful way, odd feelng.

That's what struck me the most about Basterds. The people expecting an action film were naive, despite the trailers, but I was stunned at the real lack of Tarantino wit.

I agree with the Jessi James comments Finners. I thought that film was really good, for me Brad Pitt has become genuinely one of the best actors of his generation, and as Jesse, he was outstanding. Like you say, it was an odd feeling at the end (difficult to discuss without spoiling), so I wont!

whats Avatar in 3D like anyone seen it? is actually worth the difference?

YES YES YES!

Two friends took their son to it yesterday and haven't stopped going on about it!

Absolutely superb! Nearly 3 hours long but we didnt feel as though it was... effects were amazing and story pretty good. Deffo glad we went for the 3d - I cant imagine the 2d is anything like as good. We actually swerved a few flying objects lol

Brilliant! :thumbup:

Mighty Boosh: Future Sailors Tour (I was at the filming)

Which was that? Brixton again?

Went to the Nottingham one mysen. Thought it was alright, but a bit disappointed with there not really being a real plot to the whole show like in the previous tour. The band thing was cool though.

Got some classics for Chrimbo:

Superbad

The Hangover

Tim Minchin: So Fucking Rock Live

Mighty Boosh: Future Sailors Tour (I was at the filming)

The missus got Frankie Boyle Live, Juno and Little Miss Sunshine off me as well.

Am I the only person who thinks the Boosh are total shite? I just dont get it at all..... :unsure:

I must be the only person on the planet who thought Avatar was a load of toilet. Yes very pretty, but a turd in a ribbon is still a turd.

The Hangover was much better than I expected, watched (500) days of summer and enjoyed it even though it made me a bit sad.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was ok, not as clever as it thought it was. Liked Away We Go - that guy who plays Jim in the US office is veyr funny in a deadpan way.

Am I the only person who thinks the Boosh are total shite? I just dont get it at all..... :unsure:
No you're not. All my mates say "oh, it's sooooo your humour, you should love it" to me. Can't stand it.
Nope, you're not. :cool:

The only time I've ever laughed at Boosh was when I watched Eels. I was stupendously drunk at the time.

FOTC and even We Are Klang are far superior.

Edited by Bilo

I'm sorry but We Are Klang isn't even in the same league as the Mighty Boosh :blink:

See now I pissed myself at the sheer randomness of the Jew Song on Klang. Whereas the Boosh just doesn't tickle my funny bone.

However, I am the first to admit I have a fucked up sense of humour.